03-30-2017 03:41 PM
48 12
tools
    I have my new pixel here and got tempered glass screen protectors for it. I very carefully put it on ensuring it was centered and wound up with a good eighth of an inch all the away around the screen that won't stick down. Looks awful and that's assuredly going to collect dirt.

So I guess we can't use screen protectors with this phone due to the curved screen!?! I don't think even a plastic one would conform to the screen on this phone without lifting up on the edges.
    10-24-2016 06:41 PM
    I think it should appear other screen protectors that work better on this screen. when I bought my N4, I have not found good screen protectors only after a time
    10-24-2016 07:38 PM
    I'm having the same problem with TGSPs. Going to go with a wet-application regular screen protector.
    10-24-2016 07:49 PM
    I'm having the same problem with TGSPs. Going to go with a wet-application regular screen protector.
    Do those feel as good as TGSP?
    10-24-2016 07:53 PM
    Do those feel as good as TGSP?
    No
    10-24-2016 08:32 PM
    What's the best out there for wet application? I'm not familiar with them.
    10-24-2016 08:41 PM
    bestskinsever.com will work.
    10-25-2016 09:42 PM
    bestskinsever.com will work.
    Yes, these. Don't overspend. These are about half the price, or even less, than the big names, and work just as well.
    SugarMouth likes this.
    10-26-2016 08:29 AM
    I have my new pixel here and got tempered glass screen protectors for it. I very carefully put it on ensuring it was centered and wound up with a good eighth of an inch all the away around the screen that won't stick down. Looks awful and that's assuredly going to collect dirt.

So I guess we can't use screen protectors with this phone due to the curved screen!?! I don't think even a plastic one would conform to the screen on this phone without lifting up on the edges.
    Do you really need a screen protector?
    10-26-2016 08:51 AM
    Thanks I'll check that screen protector out. Hope it's a wrap around type and verses only covering the flat portion.

Do you really need a screen protector?
    For me yes, I work on construction sites regularly.
    10-26-2016 09:09 AM

For me yes, I work on construction sites regularly.
    Gotcha.
    10-26-2016 09:15 AM
    unable to delete?
    10-26-2016 06:18 PM
    I have the XL. This product is AMAZING!!!!!! Its perfect.......They give you three, I only need one. Its real glass, not plastic junk.

XL https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5526328

REGULAR PIXEL https://www.amazon.com/3-PACK-Temper...cUvbUpU5526328
    10-26-2016 06:19 PM
    I have the XL. This product is AMAZING!!!!!! Its perfect.......They give you three, I only need one. Its real glass, not plastic junk.

XL https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5527530

REGULAR PIXEL https://www.amazon.com/3-PACK-Temper...cUvbUpU5527530
    On the Pixel this product will have a halo around the entire outside edge because it does not full stick down.
    10-27-2016 08:21 AM
    Spigen screen protector is pretty poor. Feel, application etc all good but it's way too narrow.

I got a refund from Amazon for mine. I've left it on for now but the gap around the edges is getting annoying now
    11-05-2016 05:08 AM
    I got these

[2-Pack] Google Pixel XL Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Supershieldz Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint, Bubble Free, Lifetime Replacement Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZT3PGR...cUvbUpU5547003

From Amazon and I'm happy with them. They are smaller than the entire glass front so they stay flat. I use a case so the protector not going all the way to the edge is fine. It's exactly as wide as the screen fyi.
    11-05-2016 06:28 AM
    I got these

[2-Pack] Google Pixel XL Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Supershieldz Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint, Bubble Free, Lifetime Replacement Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZT3PGR...cUvbUpU5547062

From Amazon and I'm happy with them. They are smaller than the entire glass front so they stay flat. I use a case so the protector not going all the way to the edge is fine. It's exactly as wide as the screen fyi.
    This is exactly what I have for the pixel and they don't stick down on the edge. This difference in accessories is likely why AC left those forums separate, we are getting conflicting advice because these are different phones.
    11-05-2016 07:32 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. Was going to order the Pixel version for the wife but now I'll wait.
    11-05-2016 07:37 AM
    This is what it looks like on the correct size pixel.

11-05-2016 08:39 AM
    bestskinsever.com

OK so I put one of these on and hope it looks better when it "cures" because what I have here isn't crystal clear and I'm sure if it looks like this tomorrow it's going to drive me crazy.

I'm thinking what I need is a tempered glass job that only covers the flat portion of the screen on the regular pixel. Anyone know of that style?
    11-05-2016 09:35 AM
    bestskinsever.com

OK so I put one of these on and hope it looks better when it "cures" because what I have here isn't crystal clear and I'm sure if it looks like this tomorrow it's going to drive me crazy.
    Couple hours later it looks much better, it's impressive how it dries out like that. Still doesn't feel nice like tempered glass but this might be the best we can do on this phone.
    11-05-2016 12:43 PM

XL https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5552974

REGULAR PIXEL https://www.amazon.com/3-PACK-Temper...cUvbUpU5552974
    I got the one for the regular Pixel and like Clocks says it does have a small halo, not nearly as big as shown by maxburn, and I can tolerate it for now. I have always used the Mr. Shield products before and they seemed to be sized just right to prevent the halo, but not so on this one.
    11-08-2016 11:03 AM
    Just got my Pixel a couple of weeks ago and carefully selected case and hard glass screen protector to preserve my valuable purchase.
    The glass screen was dreadful showing a halo all round. The supplier did not quibble and refunded. The carphone warehouse where I got the phone recommended the Zagg so I went and did some research on it. The same problem, there are lots of unhappy people, actually with most of the different brands.
    This leads us to the conclusion that the slightly curved edges to the smaller pixel phone are essentially incompatible with a totally flat hardened screen.
    Google must have been aware that this would be a problem, so what protection do they recommend. (Glass).
    12-09-2016 12:50 PM
    Just got my Pixel a couple of weeks ago and carefully selected case and hard glass screen protector to preserve my valuable purchase.
    The glass screen was dreadful showing a halo all round. The supplier did not quibble and refunded. The carphone warehouse where I got the phone recommended the Zagg so I went and did some research on it. The same problem, there are lots of unhappy people, actually with most of the different brands.
    This leads us to the conclusion that the slightly curved edges to the smaller pixel phone are essentially incompatible with a totally flat hardened screen.
    Google must have been aware that this would be a problem, so what protection do they recommend. (Glass).
    I just don't get how this is still something new to people. Every device that has these 2.5D screens will have either a HALO, undercutted glass or ones that don't stick well.

There just isn't a single one that would be perfect. I am still waiting Intelliarmor Pro for my Pixel XL but I don't have really high hopes for it. They promise it's perfect but I am not convinced.
    12-10-2016 06:18 AM
    I just don't get how this is still something new to people. Every device that has these 2.5D screens will have either a HALO, undercutted glass or ones that don't stick well.

There just isn't a single one that would be perfect. I am still waiting Intelliarmor Pro for my Pixel XL but I don't have really high hopes for it. They promise it's perfect but I am not convinced.
    I loved the IntelliArmor Pro for my Nexus 6. About as close to perfection as I could have hoped for.

Orzly just introduced one that looks to be similar in aesthetic (full screen coverage, with a black or white border trim), but with a different approach. Awaiting more feedback on the 'dot matrix grid' before I buy in (some report it diminishing diminish the VR experience a bit).
    12-13-2016 09:29 AM
48 12