So, if you all think your Pixel sounds as good through headphones as the HTC 10, then you're incorrect! The pixel may outclass the 6p in audio all the way around, including front facing speakers, but the HTC 10 truly is in another league while connected to the headphone jack. But, there is some good news. The Pixel is as good through Bluetooth as the HTC 10 and is better than the 6p.

Any thoughts?
    10-24-2016 10:55 PM
    I don't think anyone said it would did they?
    10-24-2016 11:07 PM
    So, if you all think your Pixel sounds as good through headphones as the HTC 10, then you're incorrect! The pixel may outclass the 6p in audio all the way around, including front facing speakers, but the HTC 10 truly is in another league while connected to the headphone jack. But, there is some good news. The Pixel is as good through Bluetooth as the HTC 10 and is better than the 6p.

Any thoughts?
    If someone told you that the pixel outclasses the 6p as far as the internal speakers are concerned, please give me their contact information. I want some of what they're smoking.
    Momi7 likes this.
    10-24-2016 11:15 PM

Any thoughts?
    Well Pixel sure as hell sounds a lot better than S7Edge. Want a great sound, then V20 is in a league of its own.
    10-24-2016 11:18 PM
    The Pixels and the HTC 10 use the exact same DAC, however the voltage coming from the 10 is approximately double that of the Pixel and thus it has the ability to become louder for wired headphones that draw more power than the Pixel can push out.

The vast majority of devices are between .26v and .75v, while several recent devices are between .96 and 1.00v - which is where the HTC 10 falls. Based on where over 220 of the data points fall, my best guess is that the average pair of headphones is using somewhere very close to .4v to .5v and that higher quality headphones are going to be pushing up towards the .8v to .9v, however I haven't been able to find a good source to get that data from.

What this would mean, if accurate, is that almost all devices will get very similar if not exactly the same volume with run of the mill headphones, while a select few (most of the devices up in this area and above are tablets) will get higher than average volume from higher quality headphones.
    10-24-2016 11:54 PM
    Of course, only if someone can still afford some decent headphones after buying a pixel
    Momi7 likes this.
    10-25-2016 12:42 AM
    If someone told you that the pixel outclasses the 6p as far as the internal speakers are concerned, please give me their contact information. I want some of what they're smoking.
    Lol, me too! But, surprisingly enough, the phone speaker on the pixel is actually quite good. It gets louder and sounds better than the HTC 10 boomsound configuration. It doesn't get quite as loud as the 6p, but IMO it sounds a little richer.
    10-25-2016 04:06 AM
    So surprised. Spend your money for a disapointing phone. I was thinking that pixel will be a really great phone, but i was wrong :/
    10-25-2016 04:25 AM
    So surprised. Spend your money for a disapointing phone. I was thinking that pixel will be a really great phone, but i was wrong :/
    Why are you wrong? The Pixel is a great phone. It's just that Android fans feel snubbed because they don't ever want to spend iPhone money for a phone unless it's a Sammy. Which, IMO, has always made garbage phones right up until the SGS7. The difference between the Pixel and the Sammy is all about class. And, the iPhone fans will take notice of the Pixel. Nexus lovers will come on board after they fleece out all the salt. LMAO.
    10-25-2016 08:29 AM