Anyone using pixel coming from iPhone?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone using pixel coming fro iPhone?

I do not have a Pixel but I do have an iPhone 7 Plus. It all comes down to personal preference. Im sure someone will jump on here and say the Pixel dominates the iPhone and vice versa but ultimately both are great devices that will do what you need done. It all comes down to if you prefer Android or iOS.

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

All come down if you want Android or apple. I like the freedom on Android been with them for a long time. I had iOS when it first came out it was nice but I enjoy Android a lot more.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I did the exact opposite.

Here's my take. I've been an Android FanBoy since 2008 when the first device was released. I've have 4 or 5 DIFFERENT Android devices each year since that time. Each year, everything improved.... come 2015/2016, the Nexus 6P was, by far, the best Android phone I have ever laid my techy paws on - and it was priced under $400 brand new. It was the best of all worlds.

Now, the Pixel comes out with many staples (stereo, or even. DECENT speaker to be the most obvious omission) are missing and they jack the price up; way up.

It hit me that Google was charging a current-generation iPhone price for a first-generation guinea pig device.

For the first time in my life, I purchased an Apple Product. The iPhone 7 Plus 256GB to be precise. It already feels better and out performs anything I've used from Android.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it since i always bashed Apple, but this device is simply stunning. I can do everything in half the time that it took me to do with Android.

I don't miss the ROMmig and Modding, because everything just works.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

How easy/difficult is it to transfer data/pics from iPhone to Pixel? Does the iPhone have to be on a specific iOS? My wife has hers completely full and is on iOS 6/7 (can't remember). I would love to be able to take advantage of an easy move.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

How easy/difficult is it to transfer data/pics from iPhone to Pixel? Does the iPhone have to be on a specific iOS? My wife has hers completely full and is on iOS 6/7 (can't remember). I would love to be able to take advantage of an easy move.

Well Apple just released iOS 10.1 so I am unsure how anything would work on iOS 6 or 7.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Well Apple just released iOS 10.1 so I am unsure how anything would work on iOS 6 or 7.

Understood. Just wanted to know if the there was a minimum iOS that the data transfer from the iPhone to Pixel would allow.

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Understood. Just wanted to know if the there was a minimum iOS that the data transfer from the iPhone to Pixel would allow.

Cant you move the data to some form of cloud storage like Google Drive, Onedrive, Dropbox and then pull down what you want from the cloud? Then you would have no issues.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Here's my take. I've been an Android FanBoy since 2008 when the first device was released. I've have 4 or 5 DIFFERENT Android devices each year since that time. Each year, everything improved.... come 2015/2016, the Nexus 6P was, by far, the best Android phone I have ever laid my techy paws on - and it was priced under $400 brand new. It was the best of all worlds.

Now, the Pixel comes out with many staples (stereo, or even. DECENT speaker to be the most obvious omission) are missing and they jack the price up; way up.

It hit me that Google was charging a current-generation iPhone price for a first-generation guinea pig device.

For the first time in my life, I purchased an Apple Product. The iPhone 7 Plus 256GB to be precise. It already feels better and out performs anything I've used from Android.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it since i always bashed Apple, but this device is simply stunning. I can do everything in half the time that it took me to do with Android.

Same here, KillerQ. But I came from a Note7 to iPhone 7 Plus.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

The iPhone 7 Plus better than any Android device you've used...Looks like you really need to try a Pixel first hand. It out performs the 6P in every way.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

After post numbers 5 & 10, am thinking I need to grab some popcorn & just hit the refresh button every few minutes. :p

Everything aside, the differences are down to which eco system one is invested in & small differences among the devices.
Though the small differences may be big pending your perspective. Such as losing imessage leaving iPhone. But for me,
I like LED notifications & can drag/drop files on most Android devices including the Pixel. The point is, you almost have to
make a check list of your must haves & can live without(s). Afterall, it is your $650 - $900 spent.

shady195

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

I can't speak for myself. Im very familiar with all the current mobile OS's but after talking to my wife last night about her first week with her pixel here's what she had to say coming from 5-6 years of iPhone use.

She thinks it feels smoother
She likes how she can personalize it more to her tastes without having to mess around and shoe horn things if you will
She prefers the slightly bigger screen size
Now that she's used to it, she loves the Fingerprint sensor (only complain is when its face up on the table)
The camera is quicker, the shots look sharper, detail and low light is better, but she prefers the saturation on her iPhone
Shes in love with Google Assistant/Google Now. She was never one to use Siri much, but she likes how the Assistant and Google now cards feel more personal and give some better information
Hates how some of the app icons are extremely ugly, she prefers the clean look of the app icons on the iphone (I agree honestly, i wish google would force circular icons at this point for any app on a pixel)
Battery life is better than her iphone, it also charges faster
Gets Warmer than her iphone does
Not as good of a selection of cases for the phone (yet anyways)

Shes happy she made the switch, she hasn't used android since the original motorola Droid.

ATLChamp

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site

I can't speak for myself. Im very familiar with all the current mobile OS's but after talking to my wife last night about her first week with her pixel here's what she had to say coming from 5-6 years of iPhone use.

She likes how she can personalize it more to her tastes without having to mess around and shoe horn things if you will
Now that she's used to it, she loves the Fingerprint sensor (only complain is when its face up on the table)
The camera is quicker, the shots look sharper, detail and low light is better, but she prefers the saturation on her iPhone
Shes in love with Google Assistant/Google Now. She was never one to use Siri much, but she likes how the Assistant and Google now cards feel more personal and give some better information
Hates how some of the app icons are extremely ugly, she prefers the clean look of the app icons on the iphone (I agree honestly, i wish google would force circular icons at this point for any app on a pixel)
Thanks

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site

Shes happy she made the switch, she hasn't used android since the original motorola Droid.
Very well stated, and spot on.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

Which iPhone is she comparing to? It definitely should be more fluid than an older model but I find it difficult to believe it is faster than the 7 or7 Plus. Apple has nailed there software optimization and these phones are lightning fast. I do think Google did well and has lined themselves up to succeed with future Pixels and potentially out-do Apple but with their first "Google-made" phone I do not believe it is faster.

On the flip side, I always find my new phone is the fastest phone I have had. When I get an android phone it starts off great but after a month or so it is slower than snail. Factory reset helps some but then it is slow again.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I have both (Pixel XL & Iphone 7 Plus), and have I used both off and on over the years. The Pixel is pretty much on the Iphone's level now IMO as far as operation with it's hardware and software. In some ways it's almost better. The Iphone since the IOS 7 update hasn't been the same. It's still has that buttery smooth scrolling in most places and apps (not all unfortunately) but it stutters at times closing apps and navigating through the UI.

The Pixel's UI is awesome, and it does it the Android way, with Material design, and cards sliding in and out fast and fluid. It rarely hiccups, and is a really nice experience, it's the best Android experience I've had. I only hope Google keeps this up, and stays with this.

shady195

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Which iPhone is she comparing to? It definitely should be more fluid than an older model but I find it difficult to believe it is faster than the 7 or7 Plus. Apple has nailed there software optimization and these phones are lightning fast. I do think Google did well and has lined themselves up to succeed with future Pixels and potentially out-do Apple but with their first "Google-made" phone I do not believe it is faster.

On the flip side, I always find my new phone is the fastest phone I have had. When I get an android phone it starts off great but after a month or so it is slower than snail. Factory reset helps some but then it is slow again.

iPhone 7

I don't disagree that the iPhone 7 is fast from a use and benchmark perspective, these were her words to me. She said it feels smoother using apps and swapping between them.

The nit picky benchmarks don't mean much to me when it comes to real world use of any modern and recent smartphone, Only bragging rights.

bmoguy

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm coming from an iPhone 6+ this time although I've gone back and forth every year for quite sometime, although this time I'd stuck with the iPhone for 2 years. The thing that kept me hanging on was the Siri integration. I probably would have gone another year as the iPhone 7 didn't offer enough this go around so I thought I'd wait for the 10 year anniversary next year. Then I saw the Pixel and it's Google Assistant integration. I've been missing alot about Android so I thought I'd take the gamble. So far I'm really liking it (Pixel XL). Agree with much from the quote above.

Differences for me is that I never leave my phone face up on the table so the position of the finger print sensor never bugs me... except that I can't activate Google Assistant with it. Aside from saying Ok Google (which irritates me for some reason) I have to activate the fingerprint sensor, and then shift to hold down the home button with my thumb. At least with the iPhone, I'd finger print with the thumb, and then hold down to get to Siri. Minor issue, but it bugs me. Battery life was better on my iPhone+. I'm still tweaking to figure out which things are running in the background, so I figure that will get better. But that is one nice thing about the iPhone, it took care of that and I didn't have to think about it. I haven't noticed mine getting warm at all after the initial set up.

All that said, I'm happy with the Pixel, and this time around I can't think of much I'm missing about the iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae