Android Pay not showing in Tap and Pay.

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello all.

I am having in issue with my Pixel XL where I am trying to use Android Pay at locations where it has worked with previous phones. I think the issue is that Android Pay is not showing in the Tap and Pay section within settings. I have no idea how to get Android pay to show in said settings.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
When it migrates to the pixel from your old phone all of the data is gone.

You need to enter a new card and reactivate it with the bank.

Then it works

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
When you launched Android Pay did it ask you to update your Google Services? If not check the play store to see if there's an update for it.

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I do not remember if it asked to update google services. How do I check? It does not show in apps section that needs updating.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You do have a PIN or pattern security lock on your phone, right? Because Android Pay won't work unless you do (although I am not sure how "not working" manifests itself in those cases).

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You do have a PIN or pattern security lock on your phone, right? Because Android Pay won't work unless you do (although I am not sure how "not working" manifests itself in those cases).
Yes. All there. I think a full device reset may be in my future.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Contact Pixel support. They will answer the phone or get back to you quickly. Go to Settings and tap on "support" tab at top. It has the contact info.

It's a feature of the Pixel I've already used a few times. Excellent so far, and a feature that the board hasn't shown much interest in.....

JJaret

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes. All there. I think a full device reset may be in my future.

I've had a similar issue, and have been unable to use Tap to Pay. I've been going back and forth with the Wallet team. I decided to do a factory reset this afternoon, I will report whether Android Pay is fixed or not later.

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I am going through the wallet support team as well. Also, Thank you in advance in letting me know if a reset fixes the issue.

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I stand by what I said above. Give Pixel support a call. Under Settings/Support tab. You can request a call back. They've been great with a couple of issues I've had.....

I started with the Pixel support. They have escalated my issue to the Wallet support team. Thank you though.

JJaret

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had a similar issue, and have been unable to use Tap to Pay. I've been going back and forth with the Wallet team. I decided to do a factory reset this afternoon, I will report whether Android Pay is fixed or not later.

OK, a factory reset fixed it. All good now. I think there was a problem on the initial setup using my 6P backup. I noticed not all of my Google Services for my account were completely syncing when I was checking the backup before I did the factory reset.

I'm not sure if this is a Pixel Launcher feature or not but it did not restore my launcher layout as the Google Now Launcher used to.

Good luck.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
So now I feel like a dummy. And thank you for letting me know there is a Wallet support team....Here I thought I was helping, and I'm the dumb one.....