wifi stinks!

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm ready to take this over priced pos back...wifi connection is a f-ing joke... Apps take hours to download. Tried the wonderfully touted specialized online support... No chat option only phone and when it calls you back...it won't let you answer!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am not having any such problems with Wi-Fi. I connect to multiple access points at work, at home, and even on the road with Xfinity/Comcast.

Why not tell us a little more about your specific issues?

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm ready to take this over priced pos back...wifi connection is a f-ing joke... Apps take hours to download. Tried the wonderfully touted specialized online support... No chat option only phone and when it calls you back...it won't let you answer!

I had the same issue and exchanged it....it's so much better. Must have had a bad batch.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, mine seems to be fine. I get excellent wifi and 4G connections.

If other devices have good wifi in the same location, could be a defective phone. Maybe take it back or have it looked at.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
WiFi and LTE is definitely stronger on this device compared to my Note 7 and S7 Edge. Try doing a Network reset before exchanging it.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just ran Speedtest ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=org.zwanoo.android.speedtest&token=VdQ_H2gV ) against my Wi-Fi connection and got 117.93 down / 24.20 up. My company's Internet service is rated 150 down / 20 up and I just ran Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test on my desktop and got 169.96 down / 23.83 up. So, as you can see, my Pixel Xl is performing very well - the difference in download speeds is probably a limitation of our Wi-Fi access point rather than anything wrong with the Pixel.

Question: when you set up your Pixel, did you allow it to copy everything from your previous phone? I don't know if it matters or not, but this time I decided to do a "clean" setup and did not copy anything from my Nexus 6P which was running the latest Android 7.1.1 beta. After adding my Google account to the Pixel, I manually installed all of the apps that I was still using and manually copied over music, pictures and such that I wanted on the new phone.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

One lady posted about bad sim...

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

First let me apologize for my rant last night. I was pumped about getting this phone, and of course...as soon as I get home I get slammed with a migraine... Ugh. I was able to find a solution online... It essentially told me to do a factory reset... Since very little set up was done I was like... OK. Things are 1000 times better. I'm getting about 230 Mbps download speeds over WiFi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae