Verizon Pixel work on ATT?

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The verizon store here has a couple of Pixels available for purchase.

I am currently on ATT, if I purchase this phone from them outright will it work with my ATT sim card?

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Not being a current Verizon customer didn't even cross my mind. I figured since I wanted to buy it outright it wouldn't matter. Guess I ought to call first before going over there.

Anzorian

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
The unlocked from Google will work, which I am currently using on AT&T. I don't think the Pixel from Verizon will work on AT&T because I thought it was carrier locked.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The unlocked from Google will work, which I am currently using on AT&T. I don't think the Pixel from Verizon will work on AT&T because I thought it was carrier locked.
All Verizon LTE phones are carrier unlocked. They have to be due to an agreement they made for some spectrum.

KillerClaw

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
When I bought my phone there they said they don't actually sell the phones outright. That's just a total cost (with financing) figure.

I don't think they sell to non-Verizon subscribers.
Your options are two-year contract, if you're still on an old plan, or monthly installments with discount on a newer plan.

shaunps33

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I just did this. I preordered/cancelled once I found out that there was going to be a Pixel Store here in NYC. Then, I find they're not actually selling phones, so I order again, only this time the wait was first week in November. Too long. So, Best Buy is only online, but the Verizon stores have a pretty good stock. Here's what I did- Don't go to a franchise store, go to an actual fancy Verizon store. They will not sell you a Pixel without a Verizon line, but they will sell you one month of prepaid service, an activation fee and a Pixel Phone. I did this for $794.78, Pixel (small) 32gb. My original Google order was like 707.00. So a $90 premium, but I'm typing this on my new Pixel instead of waiting. T-Mobile SIM works 100%. I don't care about the bootloader.

Attachments

• 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 61

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Bought mine from Best Buy yesterday. Verizon version. Using it on AT&T just fine.

tcatnat

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
What about updates from a Verizon or Best Buy Pixel being used on AT&T? Are the updates based on SIM so you'll get them right away from Google?

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a Verizon version for Tmobile. Anyone here have a problem with receiving updates?

No. I've had the Verizon edition on T-Mobile and now on Fi and I have no problems with updates. Updates come out the same time as the Google Edition.