Can someone try the Pixel with Facebook live.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not working for me either. I get as far as starting the feed and when it actually "goes live" the camera freezes and the timer doesnt move off of 0. I can still navigate the comments though, just cant do anything with the camera.

Have to close the app through the recent apps button in order to shut it down.

Smaller Verizon Pixel

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's not working for me either. I get as far as starting the feed and when it actually "goes live" the camera freezes and the timer doesnt move off of 0. I can still navigate the comments though, just cant do anything with the camera.

Have to close the app through the recent apps button in order to shut it down.

Smaller Verizon Pixel
Same behavior here.. Thanks... Hope this gets fixed soon. I bought this phone for its front facing camera specifically to use with Facebook live.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Same behavior here.. Thanks... Hope this gets fixed soon. I bought this phone for its front facing camera specifically to use with Facebook live.

Yeah, im sure its not an issue with the pixel itself, but more so an issue with the facebook app. I dont use fb live really so it doesnt bother me, but you're probably in for a good wait on a fix. In my experiences Facebook doesnt like to fix mobile issues in a very timely manner.

whitedragond

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I was excited to be able to use FB Live on Pixel.... my Xperia TL was too old to support it.

On my personal page the app locks up, doesn't record... but using the Pages Manager for my business page it works just fine. So it HAS to be something w/ the fb mobile app.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was excited to be able to use FB Live on Pixel.... my Xperia TL was too old to support it.

On my personal page the app locks up, doesn't record... but using the Pages Manager for my business page it works just fine. So it HAS to be something w/ the fb mobile app.
But you can only go live on a page you own and manage? I need it for groups...

BaldJake

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I have a non XL Pixel and have had it for a month now. My FB app is updated and have had 2 Pixel updates since I got it.

I tried FB Live on a page I own tonight and has the same freezing problem listed above. It DID work on my personal page however. So seems to be a FB issue with posting to Pages from the Pixel device.