10-30-2016 01:06 PM
30 12
tools
    I'm not talking about resolution, just the color and warmth is much better on iPhone plus to me. I'm not a fan of vivid and saturated colors of AMOLED and even on awesome Samsung screens I used to set the display mode at basic to simulate natural colors. Even in Pixel, we can set it to sRGB in developer options but that looks very washed out so turned it off for now. Display is very personal and depends on what you like. I'm not saying Pixel display is not good or anything like that, just saying I personally prefer the color balance on iPhone 7 plus. Doesn't mean that's the case for everyone.
    I've put mt S7E on basic because it just looked over-saturated when using certain apps.
    10-30-2016 10:23 AM
    I brought up a picture of something I created on my desktop in Photoshop....

In my Note 4 it was grayish (I was told later that it was my Mirror Glass Screen Protector), iPhone 7 plus - closer to real colors, Pixel in between, not gray but the vivid colors and natural....

Since I can't customize iOS and I would have to deal with all new apps etc... I gladly went with the Pixel XL.... which I AM totally lovin it!!!
    I'm coming from the iPhone 7 Plus to the Pixel XL (you know that already though lol). I will say I enjoyed the fluidity of iOS which is why I always ended up going back to them. With Samsung there was always a lag for me. I was nervous coming to Android again but with the buzzing issue, a dead pixel (on the iPhone screen not a pixel phone lol), and a slightly yellow screen, I was willing to risk going back to Android.....I'm sure glad I did. The iPhone was a beautiful device with an amazing build quality but it seems that since Steve Jobs passed away that Apple has been slipping in a few areas. In my opinion there screens could use some updating.
    10-30-2016 10:35 AM
    I can't get into RGB mode by depressing the icon for 5 secs. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    10-30-2016 10:36 AM
    I can't get into RGB mode by depressing the icon for 5 secs. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Did you enable developer mode by tapping on the build number 7 times?

Once enabled go into developer options and you'll see the title to enable it.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    10-30-2016 10:50 AM
    Did you enable developer mode by tapping on the build number 7 times?

Once enabled go into developer options and you'll see the title to enable it.
    That was the problem I'd already enabled the developer options but neglected to actually look for the rgb option. Thanks.
    10-30-2016 01:06 PM
30 12