10-30-2016 01:06 PM
30 12
tools
    I have seen many things mentioned about the Pixel, but nothing about the quality of the screen. How does it compare to Note 7 or S7 Edge? I know they are both QHD, but so was my 6P and it looks terrible next to my S7E.
    10-28-2016 10:54 AM
    The screen is amazing. the contrast and black level is really good.
    I thought my nexus 6p screen was good but after using pixel i have to say pixel screen is very very good
    Tyresian and radgatt like this.
    10-28-2016 11:18 AM
    The screens look great! In my opinion, Samsung still makes the best phone screens, but these are not bad at all.
    dsignori likes this.
    10-28-2016 11:54 AM
    Not quite as vibrant as Note 7 but close.
    10-28-2016 12:10 PM
    The screens look great! In my opinion, Samsung still makes the best phone screens, but these are not bad at all.
    It's a Samsung screen in the pixel
    Robbie317 and TavisB like this.
    10-28-2016 12:20 PM
    I have seen many things mentioned about the Pixel, but nothing about the quality of the screen. How does it compare to Note 7 or S7 Edge? I know they are both QHD, but so was my 6P and it looks terrible next to my S7E.
    The XL is QHD the regular Pixel is not. The Note 7 and S7 have some of the best on the market for sure. Even my Note 5 is fantastic. I don't expect that level of quality on the Pixel display. Just don't put the two phones next to each other. :-)
    10-28-2016 12:42 PM
    Without the proprietary diamond pixel arrangement that makes text more clear on a pentile display.
    10-28-2016 12:43 PM
    My Pixel XL screen is very good. My Note 7 screen was the best I have ever seen. Nothing against the Pixel screen, but it is not quite as good as the N7 IMO. I would sometimes get ooohs and ahhhs with my Note 7 screen. YMMV of course. What is pleasing to one person may not be as much to another ..
    10-28-2016 12:45 PM
    Ok well, in my opinion, it doesn't look as good as the S7 and S7 edge, but is a good screen.
    10-28-2016 01:00 PM
    The pixel allows you to easily enable RGB mode which will calibrate the screen. But I doubt many will like it. Screen are like tone controls on stereo equipment, most people want loudness enabled, and bass and treble maxed out. Accuracy is not desired.

The setting is either in developer options or you need to hold down the settings gear in the notification panel to reveal the hidden UI tuner panel.
    10-28-2016 01:02 PM
    Pixel XL, beautiful screen and super clear. Just watched my first Netflix movie on it. Picture is very sharp and not over saturated in my opinion. I prefer the natural color look rather than the cartoony look on some other smartphones.
    10-28-2016 01:06 PM
    Ok well, in my opinion, it doesn't look as good as the S7 and S7 edge, but is a good screen.
    Thats because Samsung reserves their best for their hardware.
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    10-28-2016 01:23 PM
    Google Pixel XL review: Upsampled - page 3 - GSMArena.com

According to this the display is great. But isn't as bright as the s7 or as legible in sunlight. It is also not as accurate as it doesn't have an sRGB mode (but someone here says they do have it, so who knows).

But other than that it is basically identical to the one in the s7, and uses the same pentile display. And it is worth reiterating, the weaknesses compared to the s7 are slight, maybe unnoticeable in usage.
    10-28-2016 01:32 PM
    Without the proprietary diamond pixel arrangement that makes text more clear on a pentile display.

Refer to the link in post #13. It says it is Diamond Pentile.
    tdizzel and SugarMouth like this.
    10-28-2016 01:38 PM
    Screen is fine but not as great as Samsung screens, in fact I even prefer the iPhone 7 plus screen over this. But everything else on the phone is superb.
    10-28-2016 01:40 PM
    Refer to the link in post #13. It says it is Diamond Pentile.
    Thank God! Any info on the regular Pixel display?

From what I can find its FHD which worries me its the old 4.99" display found on the S4 which is RGBG PenTile. No diamond that I am aware of on that display. Hey, maybe is does!
    10-28-2016 04:50 PM
    I LOVE the display - it is better than my Note 4... I do agree that the iPhone 7+ display was beautiful.... but I think the other things on the Pixel - and that it is Android - made my choice!!!
    SugarMouth likes this.
    10-28-2016 05:13 PM
    For what it is worth, I put it side by side with my N7 and I could not pick a winner. They are both very good. Admittedly, I did not do a big scientific test. I pulled up a few different pictures and web sites and home screens -- something that reflected real life usage, not a testing environment.
    SugarMouth likes this.
    10-28-2016 05:49 PM
    The XL is brighter and whiter than my n7 and 7e indoors under various lighting conditions. I didn't like the pink hue in those screens.
    10-29-2016 09:16 PM
    Screen is fine but not as great as Samsung screens, in fact I even prefer the iPhone 7 plus screen over this. But everything else on the phone is superb.
    How could the 1080p lcd screen on the iPhone 7 plus be better than the quad HD super amoled of the Pixel?? Doesn't even remotely compare in my mind. Maybe you prefer it but for what exact reasons I'd be curious to know.
    10-30-2016 07:13 AM
    You know of course that Samsung makes the Pixel screens?
    10-30-2016 08:56 AM
    How could the 1080p lcd screen on the iPhone 7 plus be better than the quad HD super amoled of the Pixel?? Doesn't even remotely compare in my mind. Maybe you prefer it but for what exact reasons I'd be curious to know.
    I'm not talking about resolution, just the color and warmth is much better on iPhone plus to me. I'm not a fan of vivid and saturated colors of AMOLED and even on awesome Samsung screens I used to set the display mode at basic to simulate natural colors. Even in Pixel, we can set it to sRGB in developer options but that looks very washed out so turned it off for now. Display is very personal and depends on what you like. I'm not saying Pixel display is not good or anything like that, just saying I personally prefer the color balance on iPhone 7 plus. Doesn't mean that's the case for everyone.
    EMGSM likes this.
    10-30-2016 08:57 AM
    I brought up a picture of something I created on my desktop in Photoshop....

In my Note 4 it was grayish (I was told later that it was my Mirror Glass Screen Protector), iPhone 7 plus - closer to real colors, Pixel in between, not gray but the vivid colors and natural....

Since I can't customize iOS and I would have to deal with all new apps etc... I gladly went with the Pixel XL.... which I AM totally lovin it!!!
    JoshDunc likes this.
    10-30-2016 09:22 AM
    I'm not talking about resolution, just the color and warmth is much better on iPhone plus to me. I'm not a fan of vivid and saturated colors of AMOLED and even on awesome Samsung screens I used to set the display mode at basic to simulate natural colors. Even in Pixel, we can set it to sRGB in developer options but that looks very washed out so turned it off for now. Display is very personal and depends on what you like. I'm not saying Pixel display is not good or anything like that, just saying I personally prefer the color balance on iPhone 7 plus. Doesn't mean that's the case for everyone.
    Fair enough!
    bhatech likes this.
    10-30-2016 09:48 AM
    I love the Pixel screen but only after enabling sRGB. The color accuracy seems much better with that enabled.
    10-30-2016 10:03 AM
30 12