Apple Patent?

Applejunkie66

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Is the iPhone the only phone you can plug into a car radio (or any radio for that matter) and get your music to play using a USB cord? I've never been able to get any Android to work in that respect. With iPhone you can pause, ff, etc with the controls on the radio itself.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Is the iPhone the only phone you can plug into a car radio (or any radio for that matter) and get your music to play using a USB cord? I've never been able to get any Android to work in that respect. With iPhone you can pause, ff, etc with the controls on the radio itself.
Good question. I have noticed the same thing.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
His Kia probably had media server capabilities and when he plugged in his device it saw the MP3 files and gave him the ability to play them, similar to plugging in a USB thumb drive with a music folder full of songs.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
In my 2016 Mercedes C300, I plug in an SD card and a USB drive. The head unit picks up all the tags fine and sorts by Artist, Album, etc. If you put the Pixel in the Transfer files mode it should also work. Actually I also plug in an iPod Touch only because it has my iTunes playlists on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000