Can someone please explain to me about this weather app for some reason it keeps appearing and disappearing off my screen in the weather that it's displaying is not accurate there's no adjustment anywhere I cant understand why they would add a clock to the screen that you can't move and a weather app that doesn't really give you any adjustment whatsoever
    10-30-2016 05:55 PM
    Can someone please explain to me about this weather app for some reason it keeps appearing and disappearing off my screen in the weather that it's displaying is not accurate there's no adjustment anywhere I cant understand why they would add a clock to the screen that you can't move and a weather app that doesn't really give you any adjustment whatsoever
    It would be really helpful if you told us the name of the app.
    10-30-2016 07:04 PM
    It would be really helpful if you told us the name of the app.
    He's talking about the weather that is part of the Pixel launcher. It appears randomly above the date in the top right corner on the home screen.
    10-30-2016 07:11 PM
    Mine randomly switches back and forth between weather and time 😂 it's not quite perfect yet
    10-30-2016 07:44 PM
    I just keep it set to Date in Pixel launcher and I use Weather Underground for weather info.
    For me, it's the most accurate and comprehensive.
    10-30-2016 08:38 PM
    My weather has been gone all day. Stupid I reckon. Should be able to choose what you want there permanently. Not let it come and go as it feels.
    10-30-2016 11:47 PM
    Not random for me. I turned on weather by going to Google Now, choosing "Customize" from the hamburger menu and seeking out weather settings and enabling them. I recall there was more than one. Weather worked perfectly consistent.

I decided not to have weather on my Pixel launcher home screen, so I reversed the process.
    No biggie.
    Works perfectly.

I've been addicted to WU for years. I am a paid subscriber. Every other weather app falls short for me.
    Plus, having the date on the home screen just looks nice.
    10-31-2016 06:15 AM
    Not random for me. I turned on weather by going to Google Now, choosing "Customize" from the hamburger menu and seeking out weather settings and enabling them. I recall there was more than one. Weather worked perfectly consistent.

I decided not to have weather on my Pixel launcher home screen, so I reversed the process.
    No biggie.
    Works perfectly.

I've been addicted to WU for years. I am a paid subscriber. Every other weather app falls short for me.
    Plus, having the date on the home screen just looks nice.
    Thanks I'll check that out later
    10-31-2016 08:11 AM
    Weird. All my settings are enabled and still random.
    10-31-2016 03:06 PM
    When I restart my phone, it reverts to the date, then after maybe 2 or 3 minutes, it displays the weather.
    anon(9227267) likes this.
    10-31-2016 03:35 PM
    My weather has been gone for two days. With everything on as it should be in settings/customize. Tried location and everything.
    This is stupid.
    11-05-2016 03:12 PM
    My weather is always there and I never changed any settings
    11-05-2016 03:33 PM
    Never had the weather disappear, also I never turn off any location services etc, sync everything lol
    11-05-2016 04:11 PM
    Mine is always there as well but I do have my GPS on all the time.....if that matters.
    11-05-2016 08:04 PM
    Seems like you need location on for it to update properly. Not a fan of leaving it on. I guess I could use an app for weather. Just set my preferred weather location .
    11-05-2016 08:40 PM
    Still waiting for my Pixel XL. In the meantime, my husband bought a 5X in anticipation of our move to Project Fi. He wanted both time and weather, and he wasn't thrilled about the lack of the battery percentage showing up on the 5X's screen. So, I checked out the widget I'm using on my current phone that's running Marshmallow, and saw that it's compatible with Nougat, so got it for his 5X. Much to my surprise, as I was setting it up, I saw that one of the things it will display, along with weather and a digital clock, etc., is the battery percentage. Cool! So now he has a transparent widget that shows the time, weather, and battery percentage as well.

When my Pixel XL arrives, this is going on it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kweather&hl=en
    11-06-2016 07:55 PM
    When I turn my location services off, it disappears. When I toggle it on, it reappears. It definitely has something to do with that since that is where the information is gathered from. If I am at home, I don't keep location services on as it always used to be a battery drainer on some of the phones I have owned in the past. Haven't really tested it out for that too much, but I only toggle location services on when I am out someplace. Give it a try if you haven't done so already
    11-06-2016 09:05 PM
    Working ok for me now. Have only used data today and never had the location on.
    11-06-2016 09:30 PM
    The built in Date/Weather app on the pixel launcher only displays weather when its up to date and location services are on. If it cant update and cant tell where you are it will disappear and revert to the Date. I assume Google did this to avoid having false data on the home screen, which I kind of like because I have had weather widgets that fail to update, but it can be annoying too.
    11-07-2016 12:17 PM