When I go into my account, I only see my old, pre-Pixel, info. How much storage I used to have, and how much of it has been used for photos, Gmail and GDrive.

Now that I have unlimited storage for photos, shouldn't that be visible in some way within my account?
    Does this mean unlimited for all of my photo storage, or just pix taken with the Pixel?
    Anyone have the scoop on this?

Thanks in advance!
    10-30-2016 08:45 PM
    Did google pixel owners get a free 100 gb of google drive space like LG v20 owners....I know you guys have unlimited photo and video storage but that's only useful when using the pixel phones and not other devices....?
    10-30-2016 09:05 PM
    The unlimited storage only applies to photos/videos being uploaded to Google Photos. Your total storage allocation in Google Photos/Drive/etc. still remains as it was before you got the Pixel. The difference is that the photos/videos from your Pixel do not count against that total allocation of storage space. So if you have 100 GB of space available, you can upload 500 GB of content taken on your Pixel and it won't eat away at that 100 GB. But content from anything else will. My assumption is that its using the EXIF data to know the difference.

In regards to whether you'll see it reflected anywhere, I doubt you'll find anything on the Google Photos page or your Google account storage settings. But on your Pixel, you'll see the following.

Where Can I See My Unlimited Storage?-screenshot-oct-31-2016-12-17-16-pm-.jpg
    10-31-2016 11:25 AM
    Did google pixel owners get a free 100 gb of google drive space like LG v20 owners....I know you guys have unlimited photo and video storage but that's only useful when using the pixel phones and not other devices....?
    No - only the unlimited storage space for photos and videos. Yours has a 2 year time limit whereas ours is indefinite (so far).
    10-31-2016 11:26 AM
    Thanks everyone!
    10-31-2016 12:08 PM
    yes like almeuit said, after 2 years of filling that up you will either have to pay monthly or delete stuff. Unlike us who are being promised umlimited, until they change there mind and we have to do the same.
    10-31-2016 12:47 PM
    No - only the unlimited storage space for photos and videos. Yours has a 2 year time limit whereas ours is indefinite (so far).
    No as long as the memory is filled ...Google will not delete your files or make you have to pay otherwise i have over 350 gb of total space with physical memory on my lg v20...my google drive memory will be indefinite as long as I Fill it up thanks

Proof:
    Do files get deleted*when the free Drive promotion ends?*

This is the question many readers ask us. The good news is that*your files are not deleted when the offer expires.*Instead, Google will prevent you from uploading further files until you fall back below the regular quota of 15GB.

For example, let’s say you have 20GB of files stored when the cut off date reaches you. This means you end up with 5GB of files over the default 15GB Google offers to all users.

You can*still access, download, edit and share all of your files as normal but — and this is the important part — you won’t be able to add more files until you either buy*extra storage space or delete/migrate the file excess.
    http://www.omgchrome.com/happens-fre...ve-offer-ends/
    10-31-2016 05:41 PM
    yes like almeuit said, after 2 years of filling that up you will either have to pay monthly or delete stuff. Unlike us who are being promised umlimited, until they change there mind and we have to do the same.
    You are wrong. ..as long as you fill up your Google Drive space...it will not be deleted and you still have total access to it.....check above....but I really don't care about Google Drive space since I have 350 gb of physical memory. ..wouldn't bother me since I store 3 copies of everything I have in separate areas....
    10-31-2016 05:45 PM
    You are wrong. ..as long as you fill up your Google Drive space...it will not be deleted and you still have total access to it.....check above....but I really don't care about Google Drive space since I have 350 gb of physical memory. ..wouldn't bother me since I store 3 copies of everything I have in separate areas....
    I stand corrected. they wont delete them but you will have to manage separate locations for storage or pay or transfer to something else and pay.

btw I have already used 40 gb of pics and videos and not really trying. 240fps slow motion videos of my daughter twirling her princess belle dress is pretty remarkable. still shows only 14 gb of 119 used on my phone. sweet.
    11-01-2016 08:54 AM
    From what I understand, Google gives everybody free storage for pics that are taken with a camera that is16Mp and under, so technically we are getting free 4K video storage.
    11-01-2016 09:42 AM
    From what I understand, Google gives everybody free storage for pics that are taken with a camera that is16Mp and under, so technically we are getting free 4K video storage.
    Not quite. The 16 MP statement is just a recommendation for them, not a definitive qualifier. Bottom line is that they provide unlimited storage in Google Photos when using their "high quality" setting which means that they are allowed to compress the content if deemed necessary. Choosing "Original" quality stores the files as they were originally taken with no compression. The latter eats away at your available Google storage space except when the content comes from the Pixel. Here is Google's support article regarding it. https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6220791?hl=en
    11-01-2016 12:27 PM
    No as long as the memory is filled ...Google will not delete your files or make you have to pay otherwise i have over 350 gb of total space with physical memory on my lg v20...my google drive memory will be indefinite as long as I Fill it up thanks
    And I never said they would delete your stuff? Sounds like you assumed what I meant. Of course I know that.

Oh no worries I have over 120 GB of storage and now with unlimited photos/videos that storage won't be touched for a long long time .
    11-01-2016 01:05 PM