Possible to Swap Software Buttons?

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I'll be getting my XL tomorrow, and for the last 5 years I've been rocking Samsung phones, which have the recent button on the left and the back button on the right. Of course the Pixel has these on the opposite sides (back on left, recent on right)

Is there an easy setting to swap these on the Pixel since they are software buttons? It would certainly lessen my learning curve.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
It is actually really easy to get used to. I am a diehard Samsung girl and I am already used to this.

Tf407

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
I have had Samsung for a long time and I didn't even realize how much I don't like the Samsung configuration until recently holding a big phone with my right hand I'm always hitting the back button by accident with my thumb

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
They should add this so that depending on which hand you use, the back button will be closer to your thumb. Samsung has this right for me (use the phone in my right hand)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is backwards. Why would the left (back) arrow be on the right? Use it for a week and you'll be used to it.

So if you hold the phone in your right hand, you do not need to reach across the device to hit the back button. I use the back button way more than the recent app button.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So if you hold the phone in your right hand, you do not need to reach across the device to hit the back button. I use the back button way more than the recent app button.
Okay, but I use my phone in my left hand, so that is actually a worse setup for me.

Must be a statistic thing. Most people are right handed so they'd use their phones in their right hand blah blah blah.

Whatever, either way I think android should incorporate a way to swap them natively so people can have their preference.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay, but I use my phone in my left hand, so that is actually a worse setup for me.

Must be a statistic thing. Most people are right handed so they'd use their phones in their right hand blah blah blah.

Whatever, either way I think android should incorporate a way to swap them natively so people can have their preference.

I'm right handed but I always hold my phone in my left hand, and I prefer the Pixels button layout. So just because people are right handed doesn't mean they hold their phone in the right hand.

Since the buttons are software buttons I do think they should give you a way to swap the layout.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe you can without root or something like that. I believe it was like that with past Nexus phones but I could be wrong on that.

It takes a little while but you will adjust. As others have said though since it is a software thing it would be nice if they had the option since it would be easy to toss in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21