Fingerprint scanner

slowtbss

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
So the people that are right handed....do you accidentally press the volume or power button when holding phone to press the fingerprint scanner???

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So the people that are right handed....do you accidentally press the volume or power button when holding phone to press the fingerprint scanner???

I am right-handed and, like most right-handed people (I believe), I hold the phone in my left hand. No, I have no problem at all with the volume buttons.

AbAll87

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I am right-handed and, like most right-handed people (I believe), I hold the phone in my left hand. No, I have no problem at all with the volume buttons.

I don't currently own a pixel but I usually hold my phone with my right hand.

SCFoxman

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Regardless, I have the phone set up to recognize both left & right forefinger. And no, no inadvertent button pushes when handling with the right hand.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Haven't done that yet. I am right handed and usually hold it in my right hand. I have both index fingers and both middle fingers set up on the scanner. The fingerprint scanner is one of the things that works better than the one on the Note 7.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am finding this conversation very interesting!

As a right-handed person, I tend to hold my phone (even a standard desk or wall phone handset) in my left hand in order to leave my right/dominant hand free for note taking and other tasks and, in the case of a smartphone, free to interact with the screen. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I find holding the phone (any phone) in my right hand to very uncomfortable and unwieldy.

At any rate, a good case can resolve the volume button issue, regardless of in which hand you hold the phone; a typical case requires significantly more force to activate the buttons as compared to naked or, like some older Seidio models, surround the buttons with a cutout which makes accidental activation very unlikely.

Rocky5000100

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
No issues with hitting the buttons here.

Side note: I am right-handed, and I keep my phone in my left pocket, and tend to grab and hold it with my left hand. I have my pointer and middle fingers on both hands set up. Like someone said, it leaves your right hand open to more dexterous tasks.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
The fingerprint scanner works very well, fast and accurate. But I have to admit I really don't like it on the back. I wish they had used all that pointless bezel space for it. Still, the accuracy and speed of it are great.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I am right handed and hold in left so I can use my right hand for texting etc. No problems with finger print. I used my left index finger. If you are right handed, how do you play games with lft hand/fingers...I would suck big time.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Right handed, hold it in my right hand unless inputting a lot of information, and have never had an issue, so I'm happy with it. The buttons aren't so easily depressed; if they were, I would be too.