Pixel - Signal dropping (Update: Google Knows)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
For those of us not having signal drops, it seems like it must only occur under a specific enough set of conditions that a lot of us just never encounter it. I just checked and I'm showing LTE band 13 while sitting at work. From what I've read, the issue appears most often on band 4. So it's quite possible that I've yet to go anywhere with band 4 signal.
True.. That could be it. I use an app (top left) that always shows my band / dBm so I can easily see my true signal strength.

1479140054809.jpg

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
For those of us not having signal drops, it seems like it must only occur under a specific enough set of conditions that a lot of us just never encounter it. I just checked and I'm showing LTE band 13 while sitting at work. From what I've read, the issue appears most often on band 4. So it's quite possible that I've yet to go anywhere with band 4 signal.

Do we know what those specific set of conditions are?

Assessing my risk here.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you are doing anything that requires voice and data at the same time you get disconnected from your call

Can you elaborate on this more? Is this due to the issue or are you saying in general? Also what carrier do you have / does VoLTE work?

Last edited:

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Verizon but read a lot that it might not be carrier related alot of Nexus users said ever since 7.1 was installed on their phones with various carriers it's all happening to them too. At this point nothing is for certain but it has been happening to me and I'm on my second phone now . Dropped calls no light connectivity start off with one bar get a text while on a call and nothing but disconnects . Who knows at this point but tons of readings online about all of it

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon but read a lot that it might not be carrier related alot of Nexus users said ever since 7.1 was installed on their phones with various carriers it's all happening to them too. At this point nothing is for certain but it has been happening to me and I'm on my second phone now . Dropped calls no light connectivity start off with one bar get a text while on a call and nothing but disconnects . Who knows at this point but tons of readings online about all of it

I'm also on Verizon and having constant issues.

Maybe you guys can borrow a sim from another carrier and see if you have the same problem? It seems it might be possible to test if this is happening all the time and you know some of the conditions under which it happens.

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I've had enough of pixel dropping service. My service today dropped in the middle of listening to a voicemail, waited 30 seconds signal was back on. Then later on went to text somebody, "can't send no service", waited 60 seconds signal was back. Called Google, and said this is my last call to you folks, if you can't tell me what Google is doing about this service dropping, I'm trading my phone in. Put me on hold, came back and pretty much said Google believes the problem is 7.1 nougat, and their trying to figure it out. He said "it's like being in war on the front lines, you get all the bullets". I have no clue what that has to do with my service dropping. Anyway I put my sim card into another phone, and service is back to normal. Google totally dropped the ball, I thought Samsung had a reason to be embarrassed, Google should be even more embarrassed at the pixel not even working as a phone.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had enough of pixel dropping service. My service today dropped in the middle of listening to a voicemail, waited 30 seconds signal was back on. Then later on went to text somebody, "can't send no service", waited 60 seconds signal was back. Called Google, and said this is my last call to you folks, if you can't tell me what Google is doing about this service dropping, I'm trading my phone in. Put me on hold, came back and pretty much said Google believes the problem is 7.1 nougat, and their trying to figure it out. He said "it's like being in war on the front lines, you get all the bullets". I have no clue what that has to do with my service dropping. Anyway I put my sim card into another phone, and service is back to normal. Google totally dropped the ball, I thought Samsung had a reason to be embarrassed, Google should be even more embarrassed at the pixel not even working as a phone.

Wow good thing I held off on getting the Pixel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12