05-19-2017 06:39 PM
809 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    To those who are suggesting this is a Verizon problem, I have experienced the same issue with Sprint, so I don't the issue is carrier or network-specific. I haven't had any dropped calls yet, but I have lost LTE data several times while trying to stream video.
    I haven't had any dropped calls but I get a "No Internet connection" popup constantly at work when I never had the issue with my note 7. It's only in this area so far though and sprint is good here so I'm not sure.

Getting really frustrated
    11-16-2016 04:21 PM
    I haven't had any dropped calls but I get a "No Internet connection" popup constantly at work when I never had the issue with my note 7.
    Yep, that is the same problem I have seen on mine.
    11-16-2016 04:23 PM
    How has this not receive recall status with the different networks all being affected? Are the replacement phones working better?
    11-16-2016 04:24 PM
    How has this not receive recall status with the different networks all being affected? Are the replacement phones working better?
    It wouldn't be recall worthy if it's a software issue (because they can push an update to fix it in the field). If it turns out to be a hardware issue, that's a different story.
    11-16-2016 06:36 PM
    It wouldn't be recall worthy if it's a software issue (because they can push an update to fix it in the field). If it turns out to be a hardware issue, that's a different story.
    What do you think Google would do if this was a hardware issue?
    11-16-2016 06:54 PM
    Looks like......nothing!
    11-16-2016 07:15 PM
    This sounds pretty bad. I also have to have a phone that works as a phone. However I have a Pixel from Verizon. I got it on Oct 28. Mostly I'm shown as using LTE band 13. I have yet to have a dropped call or even a bad connection. There is nothing functional about the phone I have any issue with. I guess I'll keep an eye on what band I'm on while in a call. Eventually I'll drop a call. Sort of inevitable with a cell phone. My experience with Verizon is that the network, at least around here is NOT the same network as it used to be. Signal strength and coverage in areas where I am usually at, as well as in marginal areas, where I'm at quite a bit for certain times of the year, are worse than they were. So far this is the best phone I've had.

Came from an LG V10. That phone sounds like a lot of the Pixels discussed here. Got to the point where it would drop every call. Verizon replaced it under warranty twice. I finally just gave up. That is the feeling expressed here I can empathize with. It had issues other than call dropping as well, which was why it got replaced under warranty.
    11-16-2016 08:17 PM
    My problem is I'm using a phone from 2014, and my 2016 Pixel XL is sitting back in its original box waiting for Google to fix this issue. Google should be embarrassed.
    sicario666 likes this.
    11-17-2016 06:21 AM
    The only strange issue I seem to have is that starting today (after owning the Pixel XL on Verizon for 2 weeks) is that during a call, my mic dropsout at around the 3 minute mark.... I can hear the caller fine, but they can't hear me.

As for signal and wifi coverage, this phone exceeds my previous phone the HTC 10... Where I always had reception issues and weak wifi, this phone seems to have a stronger connection.
    11-17-2016 11:28 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my mic dropping out, it happens maybe 30% of the time. The majority of my other calls drop after varying call lengths.

I just switched from Global to LTE/CDMA, so we'll see if that fixes the problem, but I only have two more days before my two week return period is up, so I have to make decisions quick.
    Preach2k likes this.
    11-17-2016 01:34 PM
    Can't wait to see the size of the change log when everything works the way it should
    11-17-2016 01:47 PM
    So I got my replacement phone and I got the same errors. No sim and I still dropped calls. I then tried a mix of ideas from everyone's above post and so far it's working better. I reset my networking settings and then immediately set my phone from global to lte+cdma and initiated wifi calling. Turned off HD calling. Then shut my phone down and turned it back on. Then downloaded open signal free version to measure my uptime. I see my signal bars have an X sometimes while I'm talking but I'm still holding the call. At this point it's still working. Hopefully it'll help some of you guys. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!
    Preach2k likes this.
    11-17-2016 11:19 PM
    I think these are all related to software issues with this phone. Anything connectivity wise for many people on several different carriers are all experiencing the same things. Google is aware of this and has been working on things for about 15 days now. Dropped calls here, little to no 4G lite connectivity, can't receive emails or texts while I am on the phone or else is disconnects. On my second Pixel. First one had the same problems but with the Sim Card error showing up. Replacement does not have the Sim error but still has the rest of the problems. Can only call out on wi-fi and sometimes even that is spotty
    11-17-2016 11:39 PM
    I still believe it's some local network problems. Some people confuse it with the issue described here https://productforums.google.com/for...c/L4ewjVzZBAAJ, but that's definitely a separate issue when the Pixel is unable to use some foreign LTE networks at all.

Take a note where dropped calls happen. Maybe you only experience it in one or two places, for example at home? Then it's just a local tower issue.
    11-18-2016 07:52 AM
    My Silver Pixel 128gb XL has gotten better on its own. I was experiencing dropped calls and my Verizon cellular connection would change from full bars to no bars / empty and then I would get the "No Internet" warning and then after 10-20 seconds it would show full bars again.
    Now it isn't happening at all anymore and all I did recently was I forced it to LTE / CDMA, I popped out the SIM and sprayed some compressed air in there, turned on WIFI calling and tested it out by turning off the cellular services and talked for a bit to make sure it worked and then I turned cellular back on. No issues since for the past 3 days knock on wood.
    My girlfriend has the 32 gb Silver Pixel XL model and we didn't do any of that and hers is working better too or so she stated last night so take it all with a grain of salt. Maybe Verizon fixed something…(shrug)
    11-18-2016 08:16 AM
    I still believe it's some local network problems. Some people confuse it with the issue described here https://productforums.google.com/for...c/L4ewjVzZBAAJ, but that's definitely a separate issue when the Pixel is unable to use some foreign LTE networks at all.

Take a note where dropped calls happen. Maybe you only experience it in one or two places, for example at home? Then it's just a local tower issue.
    There may be some of this. But I still suspect a weaker phone antenna is in play.
    11-18-2016 08:28 AM
    I ditched the pixel. Couldn't wait around with a play toy. I need a toy and a PHONE. I grabbed a V20. I'll stay subscribed to this thread. Just to see what comes of it.
    11-18-2016 09:23 AM
    There may be some of this. But I still suspect a weaker phone antenna is in play.
    See my post with screenshots two pages back. The antenna itself is definitely good.
    11-18-2016 09:54 AM
    Google says it 7.1 nougat.
    11-18-2016 10:08 AM
    Can I install 7.0 on my Pixel XL?
    11-18-2016 10:09 AM
    Yeah that's what they've been stating. I'm just really surprised they haven't released a patch yet.
    11-18-2016 10:09 AM
    I think we are on even keel when it took apple 17 days to fix the same dropped call poor to non existent 4g connectivity with iPhone 7 so maybe it's a contest .

I'm on Verizon and all of my issues still present so I am doubting they are or have worked on something

Almost makes me feel bad for all the others that are not on 7.1 yet and what they may experience if this issue continues . It's gonna be a mess
    11-18-2016 10:15 AM
    I wouldn't believe in whatever reps tell you. They are usually not well informed and can say whatever it takes to get rid of you.
    sicario666 likes this.
    11-18-2016 10:33 AM
    I think we are on even keel when it took apple 17 days to fix the same dropped call poor to non existent 4g connectivity with iPhone 7 so maybe it's a contest .
    If you read forums about that iPhone 7 issue, you can see that some people report that the update seems to fixed their issue, some that it just made things better, and some that it didn't help at all. It tells me that Apple just implemented some workaround, which only works sometimes, and the underlying problem wasn't really fixed.
    11-18-2016 10:39 AM
    My phone is dropping calls, anyone else having this issue? I did do the first update that came OTA, and i have tried rebooting.

Thanks all!
    Yes, my wife and I both have new pixels love the phone, battery, apps, OK Google, fast cool...but drops calls horribly.
    11-18-2016 10:46 AM
809 ... 1011121314 ...