05-19-2017 06:39 PM
809 12345 ...
tools
    Mine shows the same thing with not having a card. Verizon put one on when I purchased this almost two weeks ago
    Oh...ok. Maybe I won't go?
    11-10-2016 08:40 AM
    Mine shows the same thing with not having a card. Verizon put one on when I purchased this almost two weeks ago
    Oh...ok. Maybe I won't go?
    How frequently does this occur? Like can you just sit and watch your phone and within a minute or two the no sim notification comes up?

Getting a new sim is always a good first troubleshooting step when you are talking about signal issues. I would do it anyway at the very least to say you tried. Verizon doesn't charge for a sim replacement, at least at corporate stores.
    11-10-2016 08:57 AM
    How frequently does this occur? Like can you just sit and watch your phone and within a minute or two the no sim notification comes up?

Getting a new sim is always a good first troubleshooting step when you are talking about signal issues. I would do it anyway at the very least to say you tried. Verizon doesn't charge for a sim replacement, at least at corporate stores.
    I can't sit and watch it do it. It doesn't happen that frequently. Just when I actually need the device to be a phone. It drops the signal
    11-10-2016 08:59 AM
    Mine is sporadic . Sometimes when I turn the phone off then back on sometimes when charging there really is no set pattern to it .
    When I went to Verizon last week they pulled out the card and put it back in bit I don't know if it was a Verizon one or one that came with the phone when I purchased it a week before
    Going to try another store today and if it isn't a Verizon card going to insist that they put one in
    11-10-2016 09:02 AM
    I can't sit and watch it do it. It doesn't happen that frequently. Just when I actually need the device to be a phone. It drops the signal
    So youve only ever noticed it when on a call then. Does length of time on the call ever matter?

Mine is sporadic . Sometimes when I turn the phone off then back on sometimes when charging there really is no set pattern to it .
    When I went to Verizon last week they pulled out the card and put it back in bit I don't know if it was a Verizon one or one that came with the phone when I purchased it a week before
    Going to try another store today and if it isn't a Verizon card going to insist that they put one in
    I would think it would have to be a verizon SIM unless Play store phones ship with something else? Anyway, if you tell them you have already tried reseating the SIM I dont see why they wouldnt replace it for you.

And I suspect both of you tried resetting your network settings by going to Settings > More > Network settings reset?

I know, a lot of questions.
    11-10-2016 09:08 AM
    Already did the reset no changes for the better for anything
    11-10-2016 09:34 AM
    Done all the settings reset. Sometimes I will drop 5-6 a day. Today so far only one.
    11-10-2016 10:54 AM
    Google knows about it and advised they're working to fix it.

Small number of Pixel users reporting LTE problems | Android Central
    Laura Knotek and ihbsbA like this.
    11-10-2016 11:04 AM
    Verizon did a bunch of things with me to try and help, all the usual, plus some remote fixing--they connect to your phone-- and it got better for two days. I really don't see how this is Verizon's problem, when the three other phones I have used in this same location did not have this problem. Sure, now and again, they dropped a signal, not so much in calling as in connecting to data, but this is constant. There is something wrong in how the phone is connecting to the signal.
    Smort likes this.
    11-10-2016 11:27 AM
    Did everyone in this thread attempt to change carrier settings? I'm on sprint and changed from global to lte network settings and all is fine for me
    Where is this setting? #n00b
    11-10-2016 11:40 AM
    Same here, it's really a problem. I don't want to return it but might just have to. Then what?
    For real. Sigh
    11-10-2016 11:41 AM
    Did you guys migrate your sim from another device? Do you have Play store pixels or Verizon Pixels?

I have had no issues with dropped calls or LTE giving out on my Verizon pixel. I did not swap sims, i activated the one that came in the phone. I'm obviously not dismissing that theres an issue since there seems to be quite a few people with a problem, but maybe there's a pattern?
    FYI.. I have a Verizon variant with sprint service. I have not had calls dropping.... I just changed my setting to LTE only because I need to drive to a few questionable areas today before deciding if I'm keeping this phone. (BB return window ends Monday)
    11-10-2016 11:44 AM
    I have an old SIM from previous devices. I'll try that I guess.
    11-10-2016 12:01 PM
    Where is this setting? #n00b
    Settings... More... Cellular networks
    11-10-2016 12:59 PM
    I've noticed about twice today and a few times yesterday, my signal just completely drops out. An empty signal triangle. Then it will find a signal... I'm on Verizon. Has anyone else seen or had this issue?

Mod Update - Small number of Pixel users reporting LTE problems | Android Central
    It's happening on my S7 edge on Verizon. My pixel is on project fi, no issues.
    11-10-2016 01:02 PM
    I am on Verizon and tried the same thing. It does not fix the issue of dropping cellular connection on calls.
    11-10-2016 03:11 PM
    I just fail to believe this would not be a Verizon issue . I have three days left to make up my mind about keeping it or getting something else if someone doesn't address this pretty quickly
    sicario666 likes this.
    11-10-2016 03:17 PM
    I just fail to believe this would not be a Verizon issue . I have three days left to make up my mind about keeping it or getting something else if someone doesn't address this pretty quickly
    That's a tough decision. I'll be keeping mine, I'll try and stick it out. Plus I bought mine from someone on Craigslist
    11-10-2016 03:21 PM
    You don't need a signal to enjoy this phone
    11-10-2016 04:42 PM
    When anyone as well as myself need to use it as a "phone" yes it requires a signal.
    benjamminh likes this.
    11-10-2016 04:44 PM
    I need my LTE! Fortunately I haven't run into this issue that some are reporting.
    sicario666 likes this.
    11-10-2016 05:10 PM
    I have experienced dropped calls, I'm on my second Pixel XL. Second phone is know better than original Pixel XL, I think HTC has crappy antennas. Wish Google would have choose a better cell phone manufacturer.
    sicario666 likes this.
    11-10-2016 05:18 PM
    Verizon installed the sim before sending it to me, brand new. Though I have seen that notificiation No Sim installed. It is installed. And it even occasionally works.
    giper54 likes this.
    11-10-2016 09:35 PM
    Just got a replacement from my local Verizon tonight and did not see the sim card error at all in the two hours I have had it. Maybe this is something positive. Test for me will be on my way to work tomorrow as I know the areas where I would go down to about 1 bar but on my way home from Verizon tonight the signal was pretty strong and constant so we will see. I'd really hate to dump this phone for something else because I am sure once the problem finally gets resolved it is going to be a kick !@# phone.

All the working Pixels in Verizon had full bars, but they were all on wi-fi I noticed
    11-10-2016 09:52 PM
    My pixel's been dropping calls more and more. I got a new sim yesterday and decided to factory reset it after i got the new sim put in. Unfortunately, this morning...dropped call. I called back into verizon and they said that I did all the troubleshooting. My replacement should arrive on Monday. Before I got the new SIM, i also reset the network settings.
    11-11-2016 12:30 PM
809 12345 ...