05-19-2017 06:39 PM
809 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Pixel claims to be the highest rated vzw phone ever yet has lte issues, wifi issues, and/or bluetooth issues for many users. This could be hardware too.
    sicario666 likes this.
    11-13-2016 12:49 PM
    From what I read online coming from Google, that non of the issues were present at time of beta release of the software. Also people with Nexus phones since the update to 7.1 are going through the same thing with rapid battery drain to boot. I am thinking or hoping it is something in the software
    11-13-2016 01:05 PM
    Pixel claims to be the highest rated vzw phone ever yet has lte issues, wifi issues, and/or bluetooth issues for many users. This could be hardware too.
    If it is, in fact the hardware. There's nothing that anyone can do. Does the note 7 hold a better signal?!
    11-13-2016 01:14 PM
    This goes out to all the fellow people on Verizon.... Can you hear me now? Oh, you cant? you must be on a pixel!

Just got off the phone with my local corporate Verizon store and they told me to try turning off HD calling on my phone as that has something to do with data as well. Nothing to lose. Might as well try it. Who cares if I can't us HD calling anyway? My calls with it on are more then likely to disconnect anyways so what is the difference?
    11-13-2016 01:23 PM
    This goes out to all the fellow people on Verizon.... Can you hear me now? Oh, you cant? you must be on a pixel!

Just got off the phone with my local corporate Verizon store and they told me to try turning off HD calling on my phone as that has something to do with data as well. Nothing to lose. Might as well try it. Who cares if I can't us HD calling anyway? My calls with it on are more then likely to disconnect anyways so what is the difference?
    Verizon reps don't know anything. I believe it's just anything they can say to get you off of the phone. There's no reason you should have to turn features off so you can get the device to work. I'm surprised they didn't throw in the Verizon "wild card." "Please factory reset your device"
    11-13-2016 01:26 PM
    Right now there seems to be nothing but a lot of finger pointing about this. Verizon will tell you one thing, google will issue a statement saying something else. All I want is for this phone is to work as a phone. Any of the other features it has or lacks are just added bonuses at this point. Just get the calling part down
    recDNA and sicario666 like this.
    11-13-2016 01:34 PM
    Right now there seems to be nothing but a lot of finger pointing about this. Verizon will tell you one thing, google will issue a statement saying something else. All I want is for this phone is to work as a phone. Any of the other features it has or lacks are just added bonuses at this point. Just get the calling part down
    I feel your pain. I would love to wait but I'm going to pick up a V20 in about an hour. I don't want to wait until the return window closes to find out if it's hardware or a software fix.
    sicario666 and Wiley_11 like this.
    11-13-2016 01:54 PM
    I feel your pain. I would love to wait but I'm going to pick up a V20 in about an hour. I don't want to wait until the return window closes to find out if it's hardware or a software fix.
    I wish I had the same option. Do it before it's too late. Right now that's the only device I would take in trade for my Pixel.
    11-13-2016 01:56 PM
    Huh got my pixel from Google using it on Verizon have not had any signal issues I have noticed it holding a better signal then on my bb classic. No dropped calls yet either that sucks for those experiencing problems. Honestly this has been the most stable phone I have used but usually they all are new but it's been about a month and still no problems hope they get it figured out for those with problems
    11-13-2016 02:01 PM
    I was used to that with my blackberry Z10. Never a dropped call on Verizon, never problems with signals. No issues whatsoever. Traded that in for a Pixel and I am plagued with all bad things that I never experienced before
    11-13-2016 02:10 PM
    I was used to that with my blackberry Z10. Never a dropped call on Verizon, never problems with signals. No issues whatsoever. Traded that in for a Pixel and I am plagued with all bad things that I never experienced before
    Wow. Not a very happy move over to Android. I'm really sorry to hear that
    11-13-2016 02:12 PM
    Thanks! Just think if these issues are resolved within your 14 day trial period of your V20 and you really still favor the pixel, you can always get it back? I think? Not sure if there are limits on amount of returns one is allowed to make. Good luck with your new phone! Hope it is a good one for you
    sicario666 likes this.
    11-13-2016 02:14 PM
    Sooner or later they will get round to releasing a patched fix. Took Apple over a month to even start owning the issue on their 7, then another month for a fix. So maybe by years end or sooner. Specifically this being a Verizon exclusive at the start I'm pretty surprised it didn't come out in any beta testing. And even more mind boggling is that some folks are reporting absolutely stellar signal and connections, although was the same with the iphone 7. SMH.
    I'll say this tho, I have a whole renewed respect for not being the early adopter I once had to be in the phone world. No more for me until the real world user reviews come out.
    sicario666 and DJM626 like this.
    11-13-2016 02:29 PM
    Sooner or later they will get round to releasing a patched fix. Took Apple over a month to even start owning the issue on their 7, then another month for a fix. So maybe by years end or sooner. Specifically this being a Verizon exclusive at the start I'm pretty surprised it didn't come out in any beta testing. And even more mind boggling is that some folks are reporting absolutely stellar signal and connections, although was the same with the iphone 7. SMH.
    I'll say this tho, I have a whole renewed respect for not being the early adopter I once had to be in the phone world. No more for me until the real world user reviews come out.
    I should have waited too, but I had a lot of faith in a Google device.
    11-13-2016 02:32 PM
    Wow. Not a very happy move over to Android. I'm really sorry to hear that
    And the only reason I moved over to the pixel is because I wanted the new BB D-TEK 60 which is Android but it was not offered on Verizon and I didn't want to leave Verizon over a phone, so I had been really all excited over this device and got used to it pretty quickly
    11-13-2016 02:36 PM
    Maybe it didn't come out in any beta testing as with the release of this phone Verizon stated that all the updates would be coming specifically from Google and not them. Boy has google has their hands full
    11-13-2016 02:44 PM
    11-13-2016 02:49 PM
    I would have to disagree on some statements here. Google admitting they know is a good thing because I bet in the next update it'll be fixed. Sure it isn't an instant fix but those affected can now know its being worked on.
    11-13-2016 02:55 PM
    I to am very disappointed with Google, and Verizon for my pixel phone. Verizon for god sakes is a cellphone company, and they cannot figure this out. I'm on my second pixel xl, when my calls drop I look at my signal strength in the about phone area, and it says no service. 30 seconds later service is back on, but I've already dropped the call. Google blames Verizon. I'm about done with this pixel.
    11-13-2016 03:12 PM
    I to am very disappointed with Google, and Verizon for my pixel phone. Verizon for god sakes is a cellphone company, and they cannot figure this out. I'm on my second pixel xl, when my calls drop I look at my signal strength in the about phone area, and it says no service. 30 seconds later service is back on, but I've already dropped the call. Google blames Verizon. I'm about done with this pixel.
    My device does the exact same thing. I'm done with mine. Over it...I have no signal right now. Other than my wifi connection. Pathetic.
    11-13-2016 03:14 PM
    I would have to disagree on some statements here. Google admitting they know is a good thing because I bet in the next update it'll be fixed. Sure it isn't an instant fix but those affected can now know its being worked on.
    While I agree with you, who knows how long it's going to be before the next update. Iphone 7 had the same issues and it took 2 months before it was resolved. Do you think Google is going to be any better or faster at this then Apple? Not!
    11-13-2016 03:26 PM
    Is it more a Verizon pixel issue or a google pixel issue. People who bought from the google store have it on Verizon as well? Or maybe it makes no difference.
    11-13-2016 03:28 PM
    I'm having a hard time distinguishing between an issue with carrier signal issue and handset antennae/reception issue. I see problems with LTE radio (and WiFi strength). Very odd.
    11-13-2016 03:34 PM
    While I agree with you, who knows how long it's going to be before the next update. Iphone 7 had the same issues and it took 2 months before it was resolved. Do you think Google is going to be any better or faster at this then Apple? Not!
    Why not? When did Apple become the only one to push updates? Do you have any evidence on this or just talking from opinion? Nexus devices get updates when they're released just like Apple. Pixel is in the same boat.

I don't get your logic on how pushing the update somehow takes longer if it's not Apple. If it takes awhile for Apple, Google, anyone to fix a bug... Then it is simply them fixing it.. Pushing it won't be the issue. It depends on how in depth the bug is.
    11-13-2016 04:14 PM
    Apple acknowledges things of this nature by informing people that own it's products. Google has done nothing so far other then to say they are aware that there are issues. That doesn't really say much or leave hope to the many people that have put up big money for these devices. Apple is quick. Google drags it feet
    11-13-2016 04:17 PM
809 ... 45678 ...