Pixel - Signal dropping (Update: Google Knows)

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Re: Signal dropping

Yeah. I mean I'm not doubting there's issues but roaming would allow you to jump on other carrier (as normal) intermittently while in areas that are rough, or allow the phone to connect to a stronger signal in those areas

Let me know, I haven't experienced issues yet but I'm only on day 3 and a little nervous with all the people having issues on here
I'll fill you in tomorrow

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

Mine says data roaming unless I'm missing out on something here and when I toggled it on it read something like data rates and carrier charges will apply. I can't imagine someone would have to pay extra just to make a call without losing a signal unless I didn't find the correct setting

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

This is definitely the worst phone for connectivity I have ever had and I am past the 14 day return period. I can get wifi ok when my wifi works and it works fine on wifi at the front house (my in law unit is behind the main house) but it rarely gets more than one or two bars on data. I am not having dropped calls much, twice, to the same number, 15 miles away, but when I am away from the house, half the time I cannot get online at all, even to check Next Bus, which is a real pain. I hope Google is aware that a lot of people seem to be having these problems and that it isn't the carrier-- Verizon did all sorts of remote testing and some fine tuning but it didn't help much.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

I think this is going to be an issue that falls into Verizon's hands more so than Google for some reason. Now we will see how long before a fix comes into play

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

I really had no idea this was such a widespread issue. Overall it sucks. Stuck between a rock and a pixel

bert3217

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Mine dropped one this morning and for a split second at the very top left is said no sim card. Gonna try a new sim card. Tried changing settings and no change there.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Mine dropped one this morning and for a split second at the very top left is said no sim card. Gonna try a new sim card. Tried changing settings and no change there.
I got the same message. Something about inserting a sim card to receive a signal. Uhhh it's in there...

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I got the same message. Something about inserting a sim card to receive a signal. Uhhh it's in there...

Did you guys migrate your sim from another device? Do you have Play store pixels or Verizon Pixels?

I have had no issues with dropped calls or LTE giving out on my Verizon pixel. I did not swap sims, i activated the one that came in the phone. I'm obviously not dismissing that theres an issue since there seems to be quite a few people with a problem, but maybe there's a pattern?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Did you guys migrate your sim from another device? Do you have Play store pixels or Verizon Pixels?

I have had no issues with dropped calls or LTE giving out on my Verizon pixel. I did not swap sims, i activated the one that came in the phone. I'm obviously not dismissing that theres an issue since there seems to be quite a few people with a problem, but maybe there's a pattern?
Well Ive had this sim card for quite some time. Came from quite a few devices before this one. I have a Verizon pixel. Today I'll be stopping at a location to get a new sim card. Great idea

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

Mine shows the same thing with not having a card. Verizon put one on when I purchased this almost two weeks ago

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Mine shows the same thing with not having a card. Verizon put one on when I purchased this almost two weeks ago

Oh...ok. Maybe I won't go?

How frequently does this occur? Like can you just sit and watch your phone and within a minute or two the no sim notification comes up?

Getting a new sim is always a good first troubleshooting step when you are talking about signal issues. I would do it anyway at the very least to say you tried. Verizon doesn't charge for a sim replacement, at least at corporate stores.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

How frequently does this occur? Like can you just sit and watch your phone and within a minute or two the no sim notification comes up?

Getting a new sim is always a good first troubleshooting step when you are talking about signal issues. I would do it anyway at the very least to say you tried. Verizon doesn't charge for a sim replacement, at least at corporate stores.
I can't sit and watch it do it. It doesn't happen that frequently. Just when I actually need the device to be a phone. It drops the signal

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

Mine is sporadic . Sometimes when I turn the phone off then back on sometimes when charging there really is no set pattern to it .
When I went to Verizon last week they pulled out the card and put it back in bit I don't know if it was a Verizon one or one that came with the phone when I purchased it a week before
Going to try another store today and if it isn't a Verizon card going to insist that they put one in

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I can't sit and watch it do it. It doesn't happen that frequently. Just when I actually need the device to be a phone. It drops the signal

So youve only ever noticed it when on a call then. Does length of time on the call ever matter?

Mine is sporadic . Sometimes when I turn the phone off then back on sometimes when charging there really is no set pattern to it .
When I went to Verizon last week they pulled out the card and put it back in bit I don't know if it was a Verizon one or one that came with the phone when I purchased it a week before
Going to try another store today and if it isn't a Verizon card going to insist that they put one in

I would think it would have to be a verizon SIM unless Play store phones ship with something else? Anyway, if you tell them you have already tried reseating the SIM I dont see why they wouldnt replace it for you.

And I suspect both of you tried resetting your network settings by going to Settings > More > Network settings reset?

I know, a lot of questions.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Verizon did a bunch of things with me to try and help, all the usual, plus some remote fixing--they connect to your phone-- and it got better for two days. I really don't see how this is Verizon's problem, when the three other phones I have used in this same location did not have this problem. Sure, now and again, they dropped a signal, not so much in calling as in connecting to data, but this is constant. There is something wrong in how the phone is connecting to the signal.