Pixel - Signal dropping (Update: Google Knows)

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Sooner or later they will get round to releasing a patched fix. Took Apple over a month to even start owning the issue on their 7, then another month for a fix. So maybe by years end or sooner. Specifically this being a Verizon exclusive at the start I'm pretty surprised it didn't come out in any beta testing. And even more mind boggling is that some folks are reporting absolutely stellar signal and connections, although was the same with the iphone 7. SMH.
I'll say this tho, I have a whole renewed respect for not being the early adopter I once had to be in the phone world. No more for me until the real world user reviews come out.

Maybe it didn't come out in any beta testing as with the release of this phone Verizon stated that all the updates would be coming specifically from Google and not them. Boy has google has their hands full

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would have to disagree on some statements here. Google admitting they know is a good thing because I bet in the next update it'll be fixed. Sure it isn't an instant fix but those affected can now know its being worked on.

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I to am very disappointed with Google, and Verizon for my pixel phone. Verizon for god sakes is a cellphone company, and they cannot figure this out. I'm on my second pixel xl, when my calls drop I look at my signal strength in the about phone area, and it says no service. 30 seconds later service is back on, but I've already dropped the call. Google blames Verizon. I'm about done with this pixel.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I to am very disappointed with Google, and Verizon for my pixel phone. Verizon for god sakes is a cellphone company, and they cannot figure this out. I'm on my second pixel xl, when my calls drop I look at my signal strength in the about phone area, and it says no service. 30 seconds later service is back on, but I've already dropped the call. Google blames Verizon. I'm about done with this pixel.
My device does the exact same thing. I'm done with mine. Over it...I have no signal right now. Other than my wifi connection. Pathetic.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I would have to disagree on some statements here. Google admitting they know is a good thing because I bet in the next update it'll be fixed. Sure it isn't an instant fix but those affected can now know its being worked on.

While I agree with you, who knows how long it's going to be before the next update. Iphone 7 had the same issues and it took 2 months before it was resolved. Do you think Google is going to be any better or faster at this then Apple? Not!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Is it more a Verizon pixel issue or a google pixel issue. People who bought from the google store have it on Verizon as well? Or maybe it makes no difference.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time distinguishing between an issue with carrier signal issue and handset antennae/reception issue. I see problems with LTE radio (and WiFi strength). Very odd.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
While I agree with you, who knows how long it's going to be before the next update. Iphone 7 had the same issues and it took 2 months before it was resolved. Do you think Google is going to be any better or faster at this then Apple? Not!
Why not? When did Apple become the only one to push updates? Do you have any evidence on this or just talking from opinion? Nexus devices get updates when they're released just like Apple. Pixel is in the same boat.

I don't get your logic on how pushing the update somehow takes longer if it's not Apple. If it takes awhile for Apple, Google, anyone to fix a bug... Then it is simply them fixing it.. Pushing it won't be the issue. It depends on how in depth the bug is.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Apple acknowledges things of this nature by informing people that own it's products. Google has done nothing so far other then to say they are aware that there are issues. That doesn't really say much or leave hope to the many people that have put up big money for these devices. Apple is quick. Google drags it feet

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Apple acknowledges things of this nature by informing people that own it's products. Google has done nothing so far other then to say they are aware that there are issues. That doesn't really say much or leave hope to the many people that have put up big money for these devices. Apple is quick. Google drags it feet
How does Apple notify? They do the same thing. They say they are aware and working on it. If people don't read tech news they won't know.. Apple doesn't push notifications or anything.

You really are making no sense. Apple does the same thing as Google is doing... Telling the media they're working on it.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm not looking to cause issues on this. I am just one of the many frustrated people right now that we have no answers to this and google has supposedly been working on this going into their 11th or 12th day now. Just hearing we are aware there is a problem isn't good enough. Well duh for sure there is a problem, That is all I am saying. I have used apple before, I am not devoted to any one platform but I know this would have been handled differently by them compared to hearing not a peep out of google

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not looking to cause issues on this. I am just one of the many frustrated people right now that we have no answers to this and google has supposedly been working on this going into their 11th or 12th day now. Just hearing we are aware there is a problem isn't good enough. Well duh for sure there is a problem, That is all I am saying. I have used apple before, I am not devoted to any one platform but I know this would have been handled differently by them compared to hearing not a peep out of google
I get being frustrated.. Fully 110% understand it but to say that somehow Apple notifies and pushes faster without any evidence to back that up is just a tad ridiculous. I have had and still have Apple products but they don't send me notifications on issues... They tell the media and I find the issues out via iMore and other sites. Eventually.. The fix comes. It depends on how long the bug takes to fix on how long till the update hits said device. Google did the same thing here... Said they're working on it. I'm sure they aren't taking it lightly due to it affecting the phone in a sense of being able to operate as a phone.

Apple is good at updates no doubt.. But to sit and say they somehow tell everyone better and somehow can magically fix stuff faster than anyone else is overboard. As with any programming it depends on how quick they can find and fix the cause of said bug.

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
When you contact Google they could at least give you some insight, instead they told me it's not the phone, it's Verizon. They told me " pixel phone is expensive, it's a good phone". I think Google screwed up by using HTC, should have done better research.

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! Just think if these issues are resolved within your 14 day trial period of your V20 and you really still favor the pixel, you can always get it back? I think? Not sure if there are limits on amount of returns one is allowed to make. Good luck with your new phone! Hope it is a good one for you

Well, I went to the store and they swapped out the Pixel with another. I got cold feet with the V20 because I really love this phone, just not the connectivity issues. They put a new sim card in the new phone and guess what, the LTE is fine. Bluetooth works as does wifi. There must be a bad batch. I hope you all find some relief.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, I went to the store and they swapped out the Pixel with another. I got cold feet with the V20 because I really love this phone, just not the connectivity issues. They put a new sim card in the new phone and guess what, the LTE is fine. Bluetooth works as does wifi. There must be a bad batch. I hope you all find some relief.
Excellent! Finally some good news.

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Great news. But what will Google do for those that are outside of the return window. Will they exchange every device that was bought?

Exactly. I wonder how many phones have to be faulty? Sicario, I can't believe that Google won't replace the phone. I'm sorry. I wonder what it would take?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon