Pixel - Signal dropping (Update: Google Knows)

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pixel XL - Dropping calls?

Just an update. I was on probably 6-7 calls at home this evening. None dropped with Advanced Calling turned off.

Fernando Martin

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

Hey guys,

Please don't hammer me for this. As some of you may have known, since I have been posting here, that I have been trying to get the Pixel. Do to the reported LTE issues here in Argentina, I decided not to wait for a fix. I started looking fro an alternate flagship, that was around the same size. I did find a couple that I liked, however, when I researched to see if they would work on MOVISTAR AR, I found that they did not. So I decided to try the iPhone 7. I ordered it yesterday, and it is being delivered today to a friend, who is going to fly it down here. This will be my 3rd iPhone that I have owned, having owned the 4, the 5 and now the 7. Never owned an S. Anyhow, I have owned way more Android phones. I really, really wanted the Pixel, but with the reported problems from several users down here, not having LTE, I just could not make the purchase. Anyhow, I will continue to be on the forums, on and off.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
It's personal choice Fernando! You had to do and go with what is best for you in the long run. Being fully aware of your situation I know I probably would have made the same decision. It's too risky to take a gamble and spend all of that money on something that may or may not work our for you and on something that may not have a permanent solution

Good luck with your new purchase

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

That would be awesome. Maybe part of the reason for us not having it here is because it might be carrier specific or their might be different builds of it and Google has to work this out with different carriers.

I know I was reading a forum yesterday with people in South America who had side loaded it and sadly complained that it did not work for them and how disappointed they were . A few people stated this theory about various builds for different networks . Just sucks as it looks like we have to wait a few more weeks for this, if this is the case

Fernando Martin

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

That would be awesome. Maybe part of the reason for us not having it here is because it might be carrier specific or their might be different builds of it and Google has to work this out with different carriers.

I know I was reading a forum yesterday with people in South America who had side loaded it and sadly complained that it did not work for them and how disappointed they were . A few people stated this theory about various builds for different networks . Just sucks as it looks like we have to wait a few more weeks for this, if this is the case

Exactly, I also was not willing to chance buying the phone, with no official fix from Google. I know, that users have been talking about fixes, however, that's too risky for me down here. Lets just hope the issue can be fixed through software, and the phone does not have to be recalled.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

That's probably the contract price.

Device payment plan. To get the full discount you have to stay for 24 months though. If you leave you won't get the full amount back to discount it down. Basically the same thing all carriers now do. The "new" contract.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Device payment plan. To get the full discount you have to stay for 24 months though. If you leave you won't get the full amount back to discount it down. Basically the same thing all carriers now do. The "new" contract.
So to get out I cannot just pay $360 must pay $800?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

So I still have to pay 780 up front? I'm totally confused. Rep just said 15 a month no strings.