Pixel - Signal dropping (Update: Google Knows)

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pixel XL - Dropping calls?

I may have a little signal issue i couldnt bother to care about. Sometimes when on airplane, toggling off going back to cell service i have a hollow empty bars with no bars in the service icon for a few seconds, but no signal drops or anything

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I may have a little signal issue i couldnt bother to care about. Sometimes when on airplane, toggling off going back to cell service i have a hollow empty bars with no bars in the service icon for a few seconds, but no signal drops or anything
That's normal. It has to fire up the radios and look for the signal.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Today I had my first run in with a connection issue. I went to stream something and while I had some stuff in the bars it didn't show LTE. Took a few seconds then I saw LTE. First time this has happened... We will see if it continues.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the second beta version and have noticed the past few days my signal has improved but just ever so slightly. I still have the hollow bar issue though however. Sometimes I see it more then others but it still plagues me

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the second beta version and have noticed the past few days my signal has improved but just ever so slightly. I still have the hollow bar issue though however. Sometimes I see it more then others but it still plagues me

Do you happen to live in the Indianapolis area? Hollow bar seems to show up in certain areas.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

Ended up having to drive pretty much across the entire state of NC. The hollow bar issue has pretty much disappeared here. Didn't have one instance of hollow bar.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

Ended up having to drive pretty much across the entire state of NC. The hollow bar issue has pretty much disappeared here. Didn't have one instance of hollow bar.

How long has it been since you have seen it ?

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

How long has it been since you have seen it ?

Not since the end of November, first of December. The other two Pixel users, and the one Nexus user that is on Nougat, also state that they have not had hollow bar since that time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The only issue with my Pixel XL on Verizon is for calls. Everything else it is fine -- but calls are different. It seems if I don't call anyone for awhile and then I do (or they call me) it will work for about 5 minutes and then for some reason they cannot hear me anymore. It is almost as if I hit mute on my side (but I don't) -- I can hear them great but I go silent to them. I have tried toggling mute on/off and even speakerphone but nothing fixes it. I have to hang up and call back and then it works.

Very weird. I will have a new phone (actual VZW phone) so I will see if it happens with that one.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
The only issue with my Pixel XL on Verizon is for calls. Everything else it is fine -- but calls are different. It seems if I don't call anyone for awhile and then I do (or they call me) it will work for about 5 minutes and then for some reason they cannot hear me anymore. It is almost as if I hit mute on my side (but I don't) -- I can hear them great but I go silent to them. I have tried toggling mute on/off and even speakerphone but nothing fixes it. I have to hang up and call back and then it works.

Very weird. I will have a new phone (actual VZW phone) so I will see if it happens with that one.

I used to suffer with that during the hollow bar days as well. That got so bad I turned off VoLTE to stop it. But it went away the same time hollow bar did.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I used to suffer with that during the hollow bar days as well. That got so bad I turned off VoLTE to stop it. But it went away the same time hollow bar did.

Yeah no hollow bar when it does it -- just randomly does it... So I am grabbing another phone to see since to me that is a no go. My Doctor called today and it happened.. Luckily he called me back.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
The only issue with my Pixel XL on Verizon is for calls. Everything else

it is fine -- but calls are different. It seems if I don't call anyone for awhile and then I do (or they

call me) it will work for about 5 minutes and then for some reason they cannot hear me anymore. It is almost as if I hit mute on my side (but I don't) -- I can hear them great but I go silent to them. I have tried toggling mute on/off and even speakerphone but nothing fixes it. I have to hang up and call back and then it works.

Sounds like you might have one of the phones with the poorly soldered mic connections that google acknowledged and are doing exchanges for. My first two units did that

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah no hollow bar when it does it -- just randomly does it... So I am grabbing another phone to see since to me that is a no go. My Doctor called today and it happened.. Luckily he called me back.

I didn't mean hollow bar and no audio happened at the same time. Just they both occurred during the same time frame. At least in my case they disappeared at the same time. Phone rock solid since.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Why are the screenshots blurry when inserted into Tapatalk?? Noticed yours is too
It does that sometimes. I think if you attach them it does that but if you use the picture icon it won't do it. It's weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital