Casting

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Did Google improve casting videos or mirroring any better in the pixel? It's annoying to not able to play Facebook, what'sapp videos on TV like airplay.

tpero

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Did Google improve casting videos or mirroring any better in the pixel? It's annoying to not able to play Facebook, what'sapp videos on TV like airplay.

Works seamlessly for me. Mirrors natively from the display settings as soon as you connect to your cast device.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So I'm confused. Is your casting issue only with Whatsapp and facebook videos? Or casting in general?

With MIRRORING, I have only been successful in mirroring my phone/tablet screen to an Android TV (Nexus Player) and Chromecast. Could never get it to work right on a Roku, and was unsuccessful with a samsung smart TV.

With Casting, I was always successful as long as the device i was casting to had the same app that I was casting from on my phone, ie Youtube or Netflix content. Casting also works perfectly to a chromecast and Nexus player. I dont think I have ever had it fail regardless of not having a specific app installed on the Chromecast or Nexus player..