05-23-2017 06:09 PM
126 1234 ...
tools
    Picked up the XL for my wife for $20/month. 👍👍
    11-24-2016 04:16 PM
    On the My Verizon site it clearly states BILL CREDITS will be given over 24 months. The full price is paid up front then the bill credits come after 2 to 3 billing cycles and continue for 2 years or until you quit in which case you lose the rest of any credits. Personally I'm not interested in using a pixel for 2 years so I'd not be a very good candidate for this offer. Good deal for others tho possibly.
    11-24-2016 04:18 PM
    Picked up the XL for my wife for $20/month. ������������
    No where did it require you to pay the full price first? Because that is totally different from what it tells me when I log in.
    11-24-2016 04:19 PM
    I have read it on more then one site and they all state the same that you have to pay full price for the device and then you are credited. It's all over the web that way
    11-24-2016 04:29 PM
    Well then everything posted on line this morning is incorrect as that is exactly where this information was taken from
    Don't know what to tell you. I went thru the process as though I was going to upgrade my wife from an iPhone 5c to the Pixel. Got all the way to the end and all I was responsible for was $20 and tax.

Now, our lines have been off contract for 3 yrs or so. Wonder if that makes any difference?
    11-24-2016 04:42 PM
    I think you're paying the full 24 month payment price (the $27) for the first 2 months, and then on the 3rd month the credits kick in (the $17 monthly credit). That's how you get it for $10 a month
    11-24-2016 04:55 PM
    Been thinking about this. That catch is too big for my taste. Would have done it if it was like last year's deal. Feels like a two year contract to me. Oh well.
    11-24-2016 05:27 PM
    All I'm going to say, is with Verizon, you need to be very careful...

It was this forum that told me that the Edge up program had ended, and that all new devices on a device payment plan had to be paid 100% before you could upgrade again.

Now, the store told me No, that's not right. I called back just to make sure, and again they told me No, that's not right... you don't have to pay 100%.

Then, when forum members told me I better check again, I started a chat session, where the person told me it WAS 100% that had to be paid off! So I called again, which was now my 4th contact to get a straight answer on my simple question. I told her that I needed her to get to the bottom of this. And guess what? After about a 15 minute hold, she came back and told me it was indeed 100%.

There are going to be a LOT of Verizon customers who got an S7 or S7 Edge to replace their Note 7 that are going to be VERY unhappy when they try to upgrade in less than 2 years and are told they owe 100% of the retail value of that phone... even though it had been out around 6-7 months when they got it as a replacement.

Moral of the story? I know this post is about the Pixels and Pixel XLs, but it is also about Verizon... Whatever deal you think you're getting, get someone to put it in an email to you, or something... These Verizon employees and 3rd party Verizon resellers don't really seem to have the right info.
    11-24-2016 05:28 PM
    i think you guys are partialy reading the terms wrong, it says the pixel has to stay on a verizon line for 2 years, it doesn't say it has to stay on the line it started on, I would imagine you COULD switch it to another line on your same family plan. Double check with Verizon though before counting on that.

I have no doubt my provider, T-Mobile would let you do that!
    11-24-2016 09:27 PM
    I kind of want to buy one PIxel now, then when a Pixel XL 128GB is available I want to swap the Pixel to my wife's line. I can't imagine they wouldn't allow that.
    11-24-2016 10:36 PM
    I kind of want to buy one PIxel now, then when a Pixel XL 128GB is available I want to swap the Pixel to my wife's line. I can't imagine they wouldn't allow that.
    Why wouldn't they?
    11-24-2016 11:13 PM

It was this forum that told me that the Edge up program had ended, and that all new devices on a device payment plan had to be paid 100% before you could upgrade again.

Now, the store told me No, that's not right. I called back just to make sure, and again they told me No, that's not right... you don't have to pay 100%.

Then, when forum members told me I better check again, I started a chat session, where the person told me it WAS 100% that had to be paid off! So I called again, which was now my 4th contact to get a straight answer on my simple question. I told her that I needed her to get to the bottom of this. And guess what? After about a 15 minute hold, she came back and told me it was indeed 100%.

There are going to be a LOT of Verizon customers who got an S7 or S7 Edge to replace their Note 7 that are going to be VERY unhappy when they try to upgrade in less than 2 years and are told they owe 100% of the retail value of that phone... even though it had been out around 6-7 months when they got it as a replacement.

Moral of the story? I know this post is about the Pixels and Pixel XLs, but it is also about Verizon... Whatever deal you think you're getting, get someone to put it in an email to you, or something... These Verizon employees and 3rd party Verizon resellers don't really seem to have the right info.
    You're getting hung up on the name of the plan, it's not called the Edge plan any longer, but it's still alive and well.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=16WhNUNJ

It's now called the Device Payment Plan(the Plan formerly known as Edge)
    11-25-2016 12:11 AM
    I think you're paying the full 24 month payment price (the $27) for the first 2 months, and then on the 3rd month the credits kick in (the $17 monthly credit). That's how you get it for $10 a month
    Yep and I believe you get the first couple months credited back to you as well.

There are going to be a LOT of Verizon customers who got an S7 or S7 Edge to replace their Note 7 that are going to be VERY unhappy when they try to upgrade in less than 2 years and are told they owe 100% of the retail value of that phone
    Probably so, but some of us long time Verizon customers aren't switching from a Note 7. Heck, I'm switching from a almost 3yr old windows phone. I don't switch every time the latest and greatest phone is released. As long as you keep the Pixel/XL/S7 active with Verizon for the full 24 months, you're getting it for less than retail. I plan on being with Verizon for the next two years, might as well take advantage of the discounted price.
    11-25-2016 04:35 AM
    Still debating this deal...I don't want to loose my unlimited data if I upgrade. Plus I get whacked with an upgrade fee and the insurance is more expensive to Google's.
    From what I understand (and what we were told in a VZW Corporate store when my wife bought her S7 early this year) you can do Device Payment Plan and keep Unlimited Data.
    11-25-2016 05:43 AM
    No where did it require you to pay the full price first? Because that is totally different from what it tells me when I log in.
    Nope. Just paid Tax on the value of the phone up front and a stupid $20 activate fee
    11-25-2016 06:14 AM
    You can as that is how I purxhased my pixel when I bought it. My plan which is grandfathered didn't change at all. Pretty much the reason why I bought it
    11-25-2016 07:30 AM
    You're getting hung up on the name of the plan, it's not called the Edge plan any longer, but it's still alive and well.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=hSZdYVKK

It's now called the Device Payment Plan(the Plan formerly known as Edge)
    I agree, I know that they don't call it the edge Up Plan anymore... I don't care what they call it though because what upset me was being either lied to or misinformed two out of three times and having to contact them a 4th time to get an actual answer.

When I started using their "payment plan formerly known as the Edge" :-), you only had to pay 50% and then it went up to 60%. They notified me of that change in writing if memory serves.

About the time I bought my Note 7 is when they eliminated it in the sense that you no longer only paid a portion of the value of the phone. But no one told me that the new payment plan I agreed to was 100%... that's what upset me. And I specifically asked at the store.

And you still have people at Verizon that will tell you that you don't have to pay 100%. But if you dig, you do...
    11-25-2016 08:17 AM
    I somehow forgot to post the rest of what I was thinking...I ordered a Pixel XL last night and my iPhone was only 50% paid off. It still works @50%.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Black Friday/Cyber Monday Pixel Deals-upgrade.jpg  
    11-25-2016 10:49 AM
    I somehow forgot to post the rest of what I was thinking...I ordered a Pixel XL last night and my iPhone was only 50% paid off. It still works @50%.
    One of the posters said that it still worked with iPhones. When I asked, they told me no... Again, with Verizon you just don't know for sure...

that's great for you, though!!! But I guarantee you that it is not 50% across the board.

I would still recommend to anyone starting a new device payment plan with Verizon to get it in writing, and not to accept no for an answer on getting that in writing...

The LG v20, which I did return, was also put on a device payment plan. A plan which I was to pay 100% before I could upgrade again...
    11-25-2016 11:09 AM
    so, what is the monthly price for the XL 128 if I did it right? Looks like $25 per month straight up... no upfront cost. Is that right?
    11-25-2016 11:55 AM
    I gave in to Verizon's deal and traded in my droid turbo two and got the phone for free minus activation fee. Don't like being essentially back in a two year contract to get it for free, but whatever, free pixel.
    11-25-2016 12:24 PM
    I had it in my cart for $25 and it now shows $36.12. did it just change?
    11-25-2016 01:09 PM
    There are two deals for the pixel phones on Verizon. I think that's why there is confusion above. The terms are pretty simple:

Deal 1: get your Pixel or Pixel XL for free when you trade in an eligible device. The catch is you have to pay the entire phone price upfront. Then, over 24 months, and amount equal to the price of the phone, divided by 24, is credited to your line. So, for a Pixel XL its $769.99 / 24 or $32.08 a month credited to your line. You do NOT have to have the pixel active on the line, you just need to have an active line. Verizon couldn't care less if you use some other phone on the line as long as the line is in good standing. That rumor has to stop, it's rediculous.

Deal 2: get a pixel or pixel xl for $10 or $20 respectively, (32 gb) per month for 24 months. Each month you will receive a credit on that line that reduces the price of the phone to the said amounts. Only pay upgrade fee and tax up front. The catch, you can't pay off the phone early at the lower price. If you do, you forfeit the monthly discount that reduces the price. Again, you don't have to use the pixel on that line for two years.
    11-25-2016 01:09 PM
    Picked up the XL for my wife for $20/month. 👍👍
    Sites you have to do a trade in?
    11-25-2016 02:00 PM
    For those who purchased the XL for $25/month, does your order confirmation show $25/month DPP? I ordered in store however my email order confirmation shows $36.24/mo.
    11-25-2016 02:09 PM
126 1234 ...