Verizon Black Friday/Cyber Monday Pixel Deals

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Wish you could get a deal like this through Google. No way am I ever buying a phone through a carrier again.

+1! I agree!

Wow, if this is true, the Pixel will be a great deal. $10 per month. There are a bunch of other deals as well. At this point it is probably worth waiting to see what the official word will be and what you have to do to qualify.

Verizon BlackFriday Deals Leaked: You Can Save Nearly $400 On Galaxy S7, Google Pixel And More : TECH : Tech Times

Its a great deal if you don't mind the carry version. Wish it had Unlocked love!

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Wish you could get a deal like this through Google. No way am I ever buying a phone through a carrier again.

While I completely understand your stance as far as buying from a carrier, the only downside of a Verizon Pixel is the locked boot loader. If you dont Flash anything to your phone, there is 0 difference. Dont miss out on a great deal for that one small difference if it doesn't affect you.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
While I completely understand your stance as far as buying from a carrier, the only downside of a Verizon Pixel is the locked boot loader. If you dont Flash anything to your phone, there is 0 difference. Dont miss out on a great deal for that one small difference if it doesn't affect you.

Exactly.

And if unlocking is something you need, looks like it is doable pending the next update.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/1...hones-verizon-ee-depixel8-beaups-jcase-hurry/

Edited to include this:

Looks like today will be the first test of the the timing of Verizon updates, BT fix included. If Verizon is going to keep them coming at the same time, the whole carrier locked thing won't be an issue with this phone for 90+% of folks.
http://www.androidcentral.com/googles-pixel-phones-get-their-first-updates-today

Last edited:

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

But it gives them a chance to dink with your contract. I like where mine is and wish for zero changes or zero reasons to have to change my contract to get the phone though.

EDIT: Plus I don't trade in my phones either. Thats where the majority of the savings is from what I can see so far.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
But it gives them a chance to dink with your contract. I like where mine is and wish for zero changes or zero reasons to have to change my contract to get the phone though.

EDIT: Plus I don't trade in my phones either. Thats where the majority of the savings is from what I can see so far.

Yes, true on both counts. You could probably get by your first point if you bought the phone outright, but you really wouldn't be getting the savings that way anyway.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I understand your stance, but to get the best price there are generally concessions that you have to make. Each person will have to decide for themselves. For many, I'd think saving $400 is worth being tied to a provider they are probably going to stick with anyway.

For people that don't want to be tied to a service provider, almost no deal will make sense.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling there going to be a clause somewhere "for new lines of activation only"... Or something similar. I'm unable to get the current $400 off deal because they don't advertise it's for new lines only. So it's $300 for turning in one of select phones, and $200 for a phone with trade value of $1 or better.

Essentially, +$100 for newly activated lines.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I came here to post this as well. You can see an asterisk for a clause that is not displayed in the picture. There are almost definitely going to be some specific requirements for this promotion, like a new line or some sort of pseudo contract. It's just too good of a deal otherwise.

It also looks like this promotion might only apply to the 32gb smaller pixel, but it would be interesting to see if other storage sizes or the XL are eligible for similar promotions.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Like recent deals, this looks like the new way to "lock" you in to a pseudo contract.

It looks like the discount will be applied as bill credits for 24 months.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Like recent deals, this looks like the new way to "lock" you in to a pseudo contract.

It looks like the discount will be applied as bill credits for 24 months.
Yep, and this is precisely why I'm hesitant to take Verizon up on this offer. The phone has to be active on the account for the full 24 months to receive the full credit. Like a lot of people on this site, I'm prone to switch phones fairly often and would lose much of the "deal" if I were to buy a new phone within 2 years (an eternity for me).

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Black Friday Sale includes both Pixels

I checked Verizon's Website Thanksgiving morning:
Pixel 32 GB $10 / month
Pixel 128 GB $15 / month
Pixel XL 32 GB $20 / month
Pixel XL 128 GB $25 / month

Pixels (both 32 and 128) show some store availability and ship date of 11/29
Pixel XL 32 GB shows 12/01 ship date
Pixel XL 128 GB shows January ship date.

Fine print is the phone has to stay active on a Verizon line for 24 months.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Black Friday Sale includes both Pixels

I checked Verizon's Website Thanksgiving morning:
Pixel 32 GB $10 / month
Pixel 128 GB $15 / month
Pixel XL 32 GB $20 / month
Pixel XL 128 GB $25 / month

Pixels (both 32 and 128) show some store availability and ship date of 11/29
Pixel XL 32 GB shows 12/01 ship date
Pixel XL 128 GB shows January ship date.

Fine print is the phone has to stay active on a Verizon line for 24 months.

For those looking, don't click on the Black Friday deals "Shop Now" link at the bottom of the page. It will only give you the Pixel. You will need to click on the "Shop" button at the top of the page and then select "Smartphones". From there you will see the XL for $20/mn.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

PIXEL AND PIXEL XL (VERIZON ONLY)
Google Pixel or Pixel XL with 32GB of storage for $240 and Pixel or Pixel XL with 128GB of storage for $360 (The catch: you have to pay $649.99 up front; the difference will be deducted from your wireless bill month to month over the next two years)
Get the Pixel 32GB for $10 a month or the Pixel 128GB for just $15 a month (valid only November 24th and November 25th)
Save $200 on Pixel and Pixel XL when switching to Verizon or adding a line to an existing account (valid only November 24th to November 27th; valid for any Android smartphone priced $400 or higher)
Save $100 on Pixel or Pixel XL when upgrading as a current customer (valid for any Android smartphone $400 or higher

This is the current deal just posted online for those who may have questions.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

It needs to stay active on the line for the 24 months I'm reading. No phone switching then? 2 years is a long time to stay on one phone. That's a hell of a catch.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

It needs to stay active on the line for the 24 months I'm reading. No phone switching then? 2 years is a long time to stay on one phone. That's a hell of a catch.
You are correct. I also read somewhere that if you pay off early, you will be penalized. What the penalty is and whether it is true or not, I have no idea.

Dgray2712

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site

I am debating on this. I looked into it on their website, and they valued my Droid Turbo 2 at $669. Eventually making the XL only $100. But, for 2 years, I am not sure being stuck without flexibility would be worth it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance