Verizon Black Friday/Cyber Monday Pixel Deals

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Black Friday Sale includes both Pixels

PIXEL AND PIXEL XL (VERIZON ONLY)
Google Pixel or Pixel XL with 32GB of storage for $240 and Pixel or Pixel XL with 128GB of storage for $360 (The catch: you have to pay $649.99 up front; the difference will be deducted from your wireless bill month to month over the next two years)

This is wrong info. I just got the S7 thru the black Friday deal and the only thing it cost me today was $20 and tax. The payment options clearly stated $10/mn or retail cost. There was nothing stating you have to pay anything more upfront.

I just ran thru the process if I was to upgrade my wife's phone and all it would cost me is $20 and tax. Nothing stating you have to pay the retail price up front and get the difference back each month.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

You are correct. I also read somewhere that if you pay off early, you will be penalized. What the penalty is and whether it is true or not, I have no idea.

The penalty is the difference between what you've already paid each month and the retail cost.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

But you just got the S7. The posting states for the Pixel. It might not apply to all purchases. You didn't buy a Pixel

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

But you just got the S7. The posting states for the Pixel. It might not apply to all purchases. You didn't buy a Pixel

Guess you missed this part :

I just ran thru the process if I was to upgrade my wife's phone and all it would cost me is $20 and tax. Nothing stating you have to pay the retail price up front and get the difference back each month.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Black Friday: $9.99/mo on Verizon DPP

Well then everything posted on line this morning is incorrect as that is exactly where this information was taken from

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

On the My Verizon site it clearly states BILL CREDITS will be given over 24 months. The full price is paid up front then the bill credits come after 2 to 3 billing cycles and continue for 2 years or until you quit in which case you lose the rest of any credits. Personally I'm not interested in using a pixel for 2 years so I'd not be a very good candidate for this offer. Good deal for others tho possibly.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Picked up the XL for my wife for $20/month. ������������
No where did it require you to pay the full price first? Because that is totally different from what it tells me when I log in.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

I have read it on more then one site and they all state the same that you have to pay full price for the device and then you are credited. It's all over the web that way

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Well then everything posted on line this morning is incorrect as that is exactly where this information was taken from

Don't know what to tell you. I went thru the process as though I was going to upgrade my wife from an iPhone 5c to the Pixel. Got all the way to the end and all I was responsible for was $20 and tax.

Now, our lines have been off contract for 3 yrs or so. Wonder if that makes any difference?

tigerhoodz06

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I think you're paying the full 24 month payment price (the $27) for the first 2 months, and then on the 3rd month the credits kick in (the $17 monthly credit). That's how you get it for $10 a month

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Been thinking about this. That catch is too big for my taste. Would have done it if it was like last year's deal. Feels like a two year contract to me. Oh well.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

All I'm going to say, is with Verizon, you need to be very careful...

It was this forum that told me that the Edge up program had ended, and that all new devices on a device payment plan had to be paid 100% before you could upgrade again.

Now, the store told me No, that's not right. I called back just to make sure, and again they told me No, that's not right... you don't have to pay 100%.

Then, when forum members told me I better check again, I started a chat session, where the person told me it WAS 100% that had to be paid off! So I called again, which was now my 4th contact to get a straight answer on my simple question. I told her that I needed her to get to the bottom of this. And guess what? After about a 15 minute hold, she came back and told me it was indeed 100%.

There are going to be a LOT of Verizon customers who got an S7 or S7 Edge to replace their Note 7 that are going to be VERY unhappy when they try to upgrade in less than 2 years and are told they owe 100% of the retail value of that phone... even though it had been out around 6-7 months when they got it as a replacement.

Moral of the story? I know this post is about the Pixels and Pixel XLs, but it is also about Verizon... Whatever deal you think you're getting, get someone to put it in an email to you, or something... These Verizon employees and 3rd party Verizon resellers don't really seem to have the right info.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

i think you guys are partialy reading the terms wrong, it says the pixel has to stay on a verizon line for 2 years, it doesn't say it has to stay on the line it started on, I would imagine you COULD switch it to another line on your same family plan. Double check with Verizon though before counting on that.

I have no doubt my provider, T-Mobile would let you do that!

ST_Jim

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I kind of want to buy one PIxel now, then when a Pixel XL 128GB is available I want to swap the Pixel to my wife's line. I can't imagine they wouldn't allow that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I kind of want to buy one PIxel now, then when a Pixel XL 128GB is available I want to swap the Pixel to my wife's line. I can't imagine they wouldn't allow that.

Why wouldn't they?

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

It was this forum that told me that the Edge up program had ended, and that all new devices on a device payment plan had to be paid 100% before you could upgrade again.

Now, the store told me No, that's not right. I called back just to make sure, and again they told me No, that's not right... you don't have to pay 100%.

Then, when forum members told me I better check again, I started a chat session, where the person told me it WAS 100% that had to be paid off! So I called again, which was now my 4th contact to get a straight answer on my simple question. I told her that I needed her to get to the bottom of this. And guess what? After about a 15 minute hold, she came back and told me it was indeed 100%.

There are going to be a LOT of Verizon customers who got an S7 or S7 Edge to replace their Note 7 that are going to be VERY unhappy when they try to upgrade in less than 2 years and are told they owe 100% of the retail value of that phone... even though it had been out around 6-7 months when they got it as a replacement.

Moral of the story? I know this post is about the Pixels and Pixel XLs, but it is also about Verizon... Whatever deal you think you're getting, get someone to put it in an email to you, or something... These Verizon employees and 3rd party Verizon resellers don't really seem to have the right info.
You're getting hung up on the name of the plan, it's not called the Edge plan any longer, but it's still alive and well.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m/support/device-payment-faqs/&token=-9vMB77T

It's now called the Device Payment Plan(the Plan formerly known as Edge)

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I think you're paying the full 24 month payment price (the $27) for the first 2 months, and then on the 3rd month the credits kick in (the $17 monthly credit). That's how you get it for $10 a month

Yep and I believe you get the first couple months credited back to you as well.

There are going to be a LOT of Verizon customers who got an S7 or S7 Edge to replace their Note 7 that are going to be VERY unhappy when they try to upgrade in less than 2 years and are told they owe 100% of the retail value of that phone

Probably so, but some of us long time Verizon customers aren't switching from a Note 7. Heck, I'm switching from a almost 3yr old windows phone. I don't switch every time the latest and greatest phone is released. As long as you keep the Pixel/XL/S7 active with Verizon for the full 24 months, you're getting it for less than retail. I plan on being with Verizon for the next two years, might as well take advantage of the discounted price.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Still debating this deal...I don't want to loose my unlimited data if I upgrade. Plus I get whacked with an upgrade fee and the insurance is more expensive to Google's.

From what I understand (and what we were told in a VZW Corporate store when my wife bought her S7 early this year) you can do Device Payment Plan and keep Unlimited Data.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site

No where did it require you to pay the full price first? Because that is totally different from what it tells me when I log in.
Nope. Just paid Tax on the value of the phone up front and a stupid $20 activate fee