Verizon Black Friday/Cyber Monday Pixel Deals

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Verizon Black Friday Sale includes both Pixels

You can as that is how I purxhased my pixel when I bought it. My plan which is grandfathered didn't change at all. Pretty much the reason why I bought it

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Black Friday: $9.99/mo on Verizon DPP

You're getting hung up on the name of the plan, it's not called the Edge plan any longer, but it's still alive and well.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m/support/device-payment-faqs/&token=Kw4tsgv1

It's now called the Device Payment Plan(the Plan formerly known as Edge)
I agree, I know that they don't call it the edge Up Plan anymore... I don't care what they call it though because what upset me was being either lied to or misinformed two out of three times and having to contact them a 4th time to get an actual answer.

When I started using their "payment plan formerly known as the Edge" :), you only had to pay 50% and then it went up to 60%. They notified me of that change in writing if memory serves.

About the time I bought my Note 7 is when they eliminated it in the sense that you no longer only paid a portion of the value of the phone. But no one told me that the new payment plan I agreed to was 100%... that's what upset me. And I specifically asked at the store.

And you still have people at Verizon that will tell you that you don't have to pay 100%. But if you dig, you do...

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

I somehow forgot to post the rest of what I was thinking...I ordered a Pixel XL last night and my iPhone was only 50% paid off. It still works @50%.

Attachments

• upgrade.jpg
    upgrade.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 65

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

I somehow forgot to post the rest of what I was thinking...I ordered a Pixel XL last night and my iPhone was only 50% paid off. It still works @50%.
One of the posters said that it still worked with iPhones. When I asked, they told me no... Again, with Verizon you just don't know for sure...

that's great for you, though!!! But I guarantee you that it is not 50% across the board.

I would still recommend to anyone starting a new device payment plan with Verizon to get it in writing, and not to accept no for an answer on getting that in writing...

The LG v20, which I did return, was also put on a device payment plan. A plan which I was to pay 100% before I could upgrade again...

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

so, what is the monthly price for the XL 128 if I did it right? Looks like $25 per month straight up... no upfront cost. Is that right?

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

I gave in to Verizon's deal and traded in my droid turbo two and got the phone for free minus activation fee. Don't like being essentially back in a two year contract to get it for free, but whatever, free pixel.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I had it in my cart for $25 and it now shows $36.12. did it just change?

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

There are two deals for the pixel phones on Verizon. I think that's why there is confusion above. The terms are pretty simple:

Deal 1: get your Pixel or Pixel XL for free when you trade in an eligible device. The catch is you have to pay the entire phone price upfront. Then, over 24 months, and amount equal to the price of the phone, divided by 24, is credited to your line. So, for a Pixel XL its $769.99 / 24 or $32.08 a month credited to your line. You do NOT have to have the pixel active on the line, you just need to have an active line. Verizon couldn't care less if you use some other phone on the line as long as the line is in good standing. That rumor has to stop, it's rediculous.

Deal 2: get a pixel or pixel xl for $10 or $20 respectively, (32 gb) per month for 24 months. Each month you will receive a credit on that line that reduces the price of the phone to the said amounts. Only pay upgrade fee and tax up front. The catch, you can't pay off the phone early at the lower price. If you do, you forfeit the monthly discount that reduces the price. Again, you don't have to use the pixel on that line for two years.

echelone

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

For those who purchased the XL for $25/month, does your order confirmation show $25/month DPP? I ordered in store however my email order confirmation shows $36.24/mo.

scottfish

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I agree, I know that they don't call it the edge Up Plan anymore... I don't care what they call it though because what upset me was being either lied to or misinformed two out of three times and having to contact them a 4th time to get an actual answer.

When I started using their "payment plan formerly known as the Edge" :), you only had to pay 50% and then it went up to 60%. They notified me of that change in writing if memory serves.

About the time I bought my Note 7 is when they eliminated it in the sense that you no longer only paid a portion of the value of the phone. But no one told me that the new payment plan I agreed to was 100%... that's what upset me. And I specifically asked at the store.

And you still have people at Verizon that will tell you that you don't have to pay 100%. But if you dig, you do...

I had this exact gripe when I bought my G4 from an Authorized Verizon Retailer. They told me "Don't worry bro, it's the same as Edge" then I foun dout months later when I wanted to upgrade.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

the $25 stopped showing up for me before I could order and the vzn chat said it wasnt even an option...

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

I had this exact gripe when I bought my G4 from an Authorized Verizon Retailer. They told me "Don't worry bro, it's the same as Edge" then I foun dout months later when I wanted to upgrade.

this ^^^^ is wht I'm talking about... I also used a "Verizon premium reseller". However, it was actually Verizon on my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th contacts finally getting to the bottom of the fact that what I had actually agreed to is 100%.

I returned the phone, so it doesn't affect me anymore, I just want all y'all to be careful, because they got it past me... but yes, I realize that this *new* plan is different, as it has the 2 year contract agreement. If you know you're not leaving, probably worth it. But the regular DPP, which is not tied to a line contract is 100%.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

So I just left my local VZW Corporate store. I have a grandfathered UDP, and the sales associate's info would not show the device discount for a Pixel. It would do the device payment plan without killing my UDP. So I left unPixelated. If I am going to have to pay full price I will wait and just get one from Google. The good news, if you are looking for 128GB Pixel (not XL) and are on Verizon, they have some in stock in the stores.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

For those who purchased the XL for $25/month, does your order confirmation show $25/month DPP? I ordered in store however my email order confirmation shows $36.24/mo.

The first couple months the bill will be a bit higher. Once we get past those months, the discount will kick in.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Black Friday Sale includes both Pixels

I checked Verizon's Website Thanksgiving morning:
Pixel 32 GB $10 / month
Pixel 128 GB $15 / month
Pixel XL 32 GB $20 / month
Pixel XL 128 GB $25 / month

Pixels (both 32 and 128) show some store availability and ship date of 11/29
Pixel XL 32 GB shows 12/01 ship date
Pixel XL 128 GB shows January ship date.

Fine print is the phone has to stay active on a Verizon line for 24 months.

What I don't understand is that the 128GB Pixel and the 32GB Pixel XL only have a $20 or so difference in their price normally, but this offer is making it $120...

anon(9733642)

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Here's my situation. Traded in an iPhone 7 even swap. Assumed that meant I was out of contract coming from AT&T and porting my line. Once ported and activating it was explained I would receive $27/month credited to my account every month for the next 24 months. Sounds ridiculous but at that point I had signed and phone was ported and iPhone was in the back. So basically I am stuck for two years or some combination of termination fee plus $27 per month left...not happy. Love the phone, feel like I got the shaft

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

No termination fee... But since he owned the iPhone 7 outright he was free to do as he pleases. Now if he leaves Verizon, he needs to pay off the phone outright.

He could have kept his iPhone and purchased full price directly from Google and came out ahead. Instead... He gave Verizon his iPhone 7 for no good reason(unless he stays with Verizon for 2 years). He didn't fully understand the deal until the employee finalized the order through.

It's like a bait and switch. As soon as your phone is in the back they refuse to give it back. They act like it's a black hole. I asked them myself, "what happens if I return my phone during the trial period?" They answered..."select a new phone". They don't give you the opportunity to go back to the trade in. Maybe I haven't been aggressive enough? I dunno... But it's not a good situation to be in when they tell you the phone is gone for good and there's no choice but another purchase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12