Verizon Black Friday/Cyber Monday Pixel Deals

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Black Friday: $9.99/mo on Verizon DPP

No termination fee... But since he owned the iPhone 7 outright he was free to do as he pleases. Now if he leaves Verizon, he needs to pay off the phone outright.

He could have kept his iPhone and purchased full price directly from Google and came out ahead. Instead... He gave Verizon his iPhone 7 for no good reason(unless he stays with Verizon for 2 years). He didn't fully understand the deal until the employee finalized the order through.

It's like a bait and switch. As soon as your phone is in the back they refuse to give it back. They act like it's a black hole. I asked them myself, "what happens if I return my phone during the trial period?" They answered..."select a new phone". They don't give you the opportunity to go back to the trade in. Maybe I haven't been aggressive enough? I dunno... But it's not a good situation to be in when they tell you the phone is gone for good and there's no choice but another purchase

IIRC, trade-in deals have always been like that.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the bottom line is that he gave them a phone. His "free phone" is based on 24 credits that offset his device payment.

He feels duped... Since he didn't connect the dots until his trade in was gone. If he returns the "free phone" within his trial period... His trade in can't be returned.

Here's out a phone... Buy you're right. That's how they've always done it

Last edited:

anon(9733642)

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

I think the bottom line is that he gave them a phone. His "free phone" is based on 24 credits that offset his device payment.

He feels duped... Since he didn't connect the dots until his trade in was gone. If he returns the "free phone" within his trial period... His trade in can't be returned.

Here's out a phone.
So I don't feel duped. I WAS duped. Follow me here. I was told the appraised value of my iPhone 7 unlocked paid off and off contract was worth $650, period. I didn't go looking for a deal. Actually had all intentions of selling personally. Was checking it out in person before deciding between S7 Active and Pixel which I asked about in a different thread. I never thought any store would give close to $650 trade, period.

I told Verizon I wasn't interested and would be buying direct from Google because I WAS with AT&T and preferred a GSM model device. They left me alone. Then a very friendly rep inquired about my FiOS and actually helped me save money increasing my internet speed and changing my channel plan. NO CONTRACT, lol...just had an old plan that's all.

So a manager came back around and inquired about me buying direct and staying with AT&T. My work phone rang...a 6s issued by work on Verizon...that's when it snowballed.

He asked how many months were left on my personal account. I explained that I owned my personal phone outright and no contract. He asked about my willingness to switch and I quote, "If the device is free and we lower your bill with your employer discount".

My employer discount turned out to be 25% off the data plan and 30% off accessories. So now I'm interested. I have no ETF at AT&T, I'll save 25% on a Network I know works because my company phone works great. And he said the device was free. I asked how was the device free. He said that I had the Verizon model (true, I knew when I bought it that would be the CDMA and GSM SIM Free Model eventually and be worth the most). He said the value would completely offset the price of the Pixel.

Aware of his language, I inquired further. I asked exactly how much my device was being appraised at. He said, "You phone is worth $650 under our terms because that's the max we would pay out between device and ETF if you were switching while under contract still". That statement right there is the only one in hindsight I should have caught that didn't make sense.

I asked how much my bill would be and he said the following. The "the first month will be prorated and it will take 2-3 months for the system to catch up. So for month one expect about $27 plus proration of line access, plan, and insurances minus discount plus taxes. Once the system catches up they'll credit back the $27 you may have paid the first 2-3 months". We went on at that point and I paid only taxes, plus, screen protector, and case.

As I was leaving I said half jokingly that I had 14 days to come back if they get an XL in...he stopped me at mid sentence at that point and explained that the iPhone being worth $650 was broken down into a 2 year agreement and credits me $27 a month. If I hadn't said anything neither would he.

So hours later with time to think it over, my point is I was absolutely not able to make an informed decision because of a definite act of omission that some would call an act of commission as well. I asked all the right questions essentially. I was responded to specifically not vaguely.

My only mistake, and I own this...is not asking directly about a contract. I assumed based on all info gathered I couldn't possibly be in a contract under these circumstances.

They get my iPhone today then they pay me for the iPhone $27 a month and I get to use the Pixel instead. That's essentially it.

Yes I can still get a new phone any time I want and this Pixel doesn't cost me anything. The credits will come in for 2 years, but it's the way they locked me into Verizon that is suspect. Say I want next Galaxy, I can get it, put it on this number and the Pixel sits and costs me nothing. It simply how they handled everything.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

Oh i feel bad for all getting suckered in by Verizon. I've been with them 24 years. 3 years ago they started to pull shenanigans that slowly and decietlly raise your bill if you're not watching closely. I caught them so many times that when confronted, they always give me huge refunds. But, alas, I started changing my phones, 1 by 1,to project fi. Ive had no coverage issues, same 4glte speeds, half the cost, no contracts, and no BULL ****. I bought my pixel from Google. But honestly my S7 edge, and Axon 7 that are better.

Thank you for echoing my thoughts - I'll be porting my VZW number to a Google Store bought Pixel when it arrives in a few days.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

So I don't feel duped. I WAS duped. Follow me here. I was told the appraised value of my iPhone 7 unlocked paid off and off contract was worth $650, period. I didn't go looking for a deal. Actually had all intentions of selling personally. Was checking it out in person before deciding between S7 Active and Pixel which I asked about in a different thread. I never thought any store would give close to $650 trade, period.

I told Verizon I wasn't interested and would be buying direct from Google because I WAS with AT&T and preferred a GSM model device. They left me alone. Then a very friendly rep inquired about my FiOS and actually helped me save money increasing my internet speed and changing my channel plan. NO CONTRACT, lol...just had an old plan that's all.

So a manager came back around and inquired about me buying direct and staying with AT&T. My work phone rang...a 6s issued by work on Verizon...that's when it snowballed.

He asked how many months were left on my personal account. I explained that I owned my personal phone outright and no contract. He asked about my willingness to switch and I quote, "If the device is free and we lower your bill with your employer discount".

My employer discount turned out to be 25% off the data plan and 30% off accessories. So now I'm interested. I have no ETF at AT&T, I'll save 25% on a Network I know works because my company phone works great. And he said the device was free. I asked how was the device free. He said that I had the Verizon model (true, I knew when I bought it that would be the CDMA and GSM SIM Free Model eventually and be worth the most). He said the value would completely offset the price of the Pixel.

Aware of his language, I inquired further. I asked exactly how much my device was being appraised at. He said, "You phone is worth $650 under our terms because that's the max we would pay out between device and ETF if you were switching while under contract still". That statement right there is the only one in hindsight I should have caught that didn't make sense.

I asked how much my bill would be and he said the following. The "the first month will be prorated and it will take 2-3 months for the system to catch up. So for month one expect about $27 plus proration of line access, plan, and insurances minus discount plus taxes. Once the system catches up they'll credit back the $27 you may have paid the first 2-3 months". We went on at that point and I paid only taxes, plus, screen protector, and case.

As I was leaving I said half jokingly that I had 14 days to come back if they get an XL in...he stopped me at mid sentence at that point and explained that the iPhone being worth $650 was broken down into a 2 year agreement and credits me $27 a month. If I hadn't said anything neither would he.

So hours later with time to think it over, my point is I was absolutely not able to make an informed decision because of a definite act of omission that some would call an act of commission as well. I asked all the right questions essentially. I was responded to specifically not vaguely.

My only mistake, and I own this...is not asking directly about a contract. I assumed based on all info gathered I couldn't possibly be in a contract under these circumstances.

They get my iPhone today then they pay me for the iPhone $27 a month and I get to use the Pixel instead. That's essentially it.

Yes I can still get a new phone any time I want and this Pixel doesn't cost me anything. The credits will come in for 2 years, but it's the way they locked me into Verizon that is suspect. Say I want next Galaxy, I can get it, put it on this number and the Pixel sits and costs me nothing. It simply how they handled everything.

If you didn't notice, all carriers have gone to this deceptive lock-in via bill credits.

It's the new two-year contract without being a two-year contract.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

PIXEL AND PIXEL XL (VERIZON ONLY)
Google Pixel or Pixel XL with 32GB of storage for $240 and Pixel or Pixel XL with 128GB of storage for $360 (The catch: you have to pay $649.99 up front; the difference will be deducted from your wireless bill month to month over the next two years)
Get the Pixel 32GB for $10 a month or the Pixel 128GB for just $15 a month (valid only November 24th and November 25th)
Save $200 on Pixel and Pixel XL when switching to Verizon or adding a line to an existing account (valid only November 24th to November 27th; valid for any Android smartphone priced $400 or higher)
Save $100 on Pixel or Pixel XL when upgrading as a current customer (valid for any Android smartphone $400 or higher

This is the current deal just posted online for those who may have questions.

I ordered a 128GB Pixel on Thursday morning. I didn't pay the entire amount upfront. The only thing I paid upfront was the sales tax. Even the upgrade fee was waived because I did it online.

You don't have to pay the full amount upfront. You do pay the full amount per month ($31.25 a month for a 128GB Pixel) for 2 or 3 months and then after that you get bill credits bringing it down to $15. And from what I got from the CSRs I spoke to yesterday, you only keep the line active. You don't have to keep the phone active. I'm going to be upgrading on another line and transferring it to mine, but told them I'll probably go back and forth between my phones. The CSR said that would be fine.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

It needs to stay active on the line for the 24 months I'm reading. No phone switching then? 2 years is a long time to stay on one phone. That's a hell of a catch.

Here are the terms for deal direct from the press release on Verizon's website.

**For 24 months on device payment for qualified customers. Thursday and Friday online and Friday in-store only. Up to $672.00 device payment purchase req’d. Less up to $432 bill credit applied to account over 24 mos.; credit begins within 2–3 cycles & ends when balance paid; 0% APR. Line must be active for 24 mos. to get full credit.

So as it says here, you don't have to pay the full price upfront, only that the total must be up to $672. It also says that only the line must be active for 24 months to get full credit, not that you need to keep that phone on that line for 24 months.

anon(9733642)

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

If you didn't notice, all carriers have gone to this deceptive lock-in via bill credits.

It's the new two-year contract without being a two-year contract.
Yup, now I noticed. Luckily I'm happy with the "network service" and love the phone. Two years between phones for me is an eternity but this is still technically free...well swapped. And I spoke with Verizon this morning and there might be something we can do...but they "are calling me back"

anon(9733642)

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Here are the terms for deal direct from the press release on Verizon's website.

**For 24 months on device payment for qualified customers. Thursday and Friday online and Friday in-store only. Up to $672.00 device payment purchase req’d. Less up to $432 bill credit applied to account over 24 mos.; credit begins within 2–3 cycles & ends when balance paid; 0% APR. Line must be active for 24 mos. to get full credit.

So as it says here, you don't have to pay the full price upfront, only that the total must be up to $672. It also says that only the line must be active for 24 months to get full credit, not that you need to keep that phone on that line for 24 months.
I completely understand that now and appreciate the attempts to explain. It's not the terms I have an issue with. I know I can swap phones etc. The bottom line is "the terms" were blatantly omitted from the conversation. I didn't even sign a contract. I have 3 receipts for cash paid for taxes, screen protector, and case. No printout of plan, insurance terms, anything.

I understand and accept the terms now and have cooled off but those were blatantly not the terms presented. I was lied too. Why is that not believable. Like I paid $750 cash for an iPhone 7 a month ago. Money wasn't the issue. It was how they handled it. Period. Regardless of the terms. On good faith I was not presented with any terms. I was given a verbal different from the terms. I think I've made my point.

I appreciate all opinions whether agree or disagree with me. I welcome explanations, etc. That's what the forums are for.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I got dead wrong info 2 days b4 the sale then unclear info the day of the sale. I kept asking exactly what I would owe if I wanted to pay off in 6 months. I get it now but neither phone support (usually the best) nor chat support nor store clerk would give me a clear cut formula and answer. They were all well trained to change the subject or attempt to then when I kept asking the same question they would stall until I gave up. Now I understand it. Deal not so great if you know you want to dump phone in a few months and I know I will. Whether I would go with s8 or note 8 or iphone 8 plus only time will tell.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been with them 20 and never experienced what you experienced.

I definitely have. They couldn't figure out the trade in promotion for myself until day 14. Unfortunately, the system doesn't show $300 credit for the s6 or $200 for the other phone. If my bill credit doesn't go through I'm dropping them.

They couldn't figure out how to get my free screen replacement with my droid turbo. They couldn't figure out how to let me use my extended warranty when my LG G2 digitizer went bad. They couldn't figure out how to downgrade my plan for 6 months after THEY upgraded me without permission.

They just messed up my promotion details. They also charged me twice for my edge upgrade when I did that.

I have quite an issue with their compartmentalized systems and inept employees that seems to always benefit Verizon.

I'm getting ready to file a report with better business bureau. They wonder why they're losing people to T-Mobile. People just want good customer service. Not a company that puts their nose up in the air at competitors and customers

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I completely understand that now and appreciate the attempts to explain. It's not the terms I have an issue with. I know I can swap phones etc. The bottom line is "the terms" were blatantly omitted from the conversation. I didn't even sign a contract. I have 3 receipts for cash paid for taxes, screen protector, and case. No printout of plan, insurance terms, anything.

I understand and accept the terms now and have cooled off but those were blatantly not the terms presented. I was lied too. Why is that not believable. Like I paid $750 cash for an iPhone 7 a month ago. Money wasn't the issue. It was how they handled it. Period. Regardless of the terms. On good faith I was not presented with any terms. I was given a verbal different from the terms. I think I've made my point.

I appreciate all opinions whether agree or disagree with me. I welcome explanations, etc. That's what the forums are for.

All of the things you mentioned should be in your MyVerizon account. They've been moving to eliminate paper for awhile now, they make them available for you to printout. Back when I started with them, I used to get a ton of paperwork when I only upgraded a device or changed my plan. I actually prefer this, the info is there when I need it, and can be printed out if necessary.

If you want that stuff upfront and in writing, why not ask for it? I do that when necessary and I also make sure that my asking and the info are noted by the CSRs I talk to on my account.

anon(9733642)

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

All of the things you mentioned should be in your MyVerizon account. They've been moving to eliminate paper for awhile now, they make them available for you to printout. Back when I started with them, I used to get a ton of paperwork when I only upgraded a device or changed my plan. I actually prefer this, the info is there when I need it, and can be printed out if necessary.

If you want that stuff upfront and in writing, why not ask for it? I do that when necessary and I also make sure that my asking and the info are noted by the CSRs I talk to on my account.
So fair point, the info is on the website.

Counterpoint, when I asked they were not honest and they omitted what would have kept me from trading and porting.

BUT seriously at the end of the day stop looking for ways to defend how this was handled. I get it. I don't care about anything other than the fact that if you were there you'd understand I was lied to, period.

There really is no longer a reason for me to comment or respond as I'm handling it my way which will I'm sure spark more comments.

I don't need more people telling me the terms and what I could have done. They flat out lied...thankfully financially it's a blip on the radar in a sense. I did pay $750 for an unlocked iPhone 7, so its not the money. I've avoided saying that cause it sounds gaudy. I like tech. I've had 26 smartphones going back to the original BlackBerry. I don't like contracts.

Resolution:
Pay: $350 ETF and Pay $650 phone price.
That's $1000 and lost iPhone
Still cheaper than the $2500+ in service Verizon would get from me over the next 2 years. I'd rather THEM NOT get the next 2 years of my business.

Port back to AT&T with the unlocked Pixel
Yes, I'll lose the iPhone and $1000, but I refuse to continue doing business with Verizon. If I stayed that bill would probably annoy me every month.

So yes I'm crazy. I basically just will have paid $1000 plus an iPhone 7 for a Pixel. I easily could have paid Google $650 for the Pixel and sold the iPhone myself like my original plan until I was 100% lied to...again don't show me the terms or give me a buyer beware line...I was told it was a wash.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts...I sincerely appreciate them, but I'm out of this thread unless someone wants to discuss a similar situation and they handled it. My situation is over in my mind.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Same thoughts.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

So fair point, the info is on the website.

Counterpoint, when I asked they were not honest and they omitted what would have kept me from trading and porting.

BUT seriously at the end of the day stop looking for ways to defend how this was handled. I get it. I don't care about anything other than the fact that if you were there you'd understand I was lied to, period.

There really is no longer a reason for me to comment or respond as I'm handling it my way which will I'm sure spark more comments.

I don't need more people telling me the terms and what I could have done. They flat out lied...thankfully financially it's a blip on the radar in a sense. I did pay $750 for an unlocked iPhone 7, so its not the money. I've avoided saying that cause it sounds gaudy. I like tech. I've had 26 smartphones going back to the original BlackBerry. I don't like contracts.

Resolution:
Pay: $350 ETF and Pay $650 phone price.
That's $1000 and lost iPhone
Still cheaper than the $2500+ in service Verizon would get from me over the next 2 years. I'd rather THEM NOT get the next 2 years of my business.

Port back to AT&T with the unlocked Pixel
Yes, I'll lose the iPhone and $1000, but I refuse to continue doing business with Verizon. If I stayed that bill would probably annoy me every month.

So yes I'm crazy. I basically just will have paid $1000 plus an iPhone 7 for a Pixel. I easily could have paid Google $650 for the Pixel and sold the iPhone myself like my original plan until I was 100% lied to...again don't show me the terms or give me a buyer beware line...I was told it was a wash.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts...I sincerely appreciate them, but I'm out of this thread unless someone wants to discuss a similar situation and they handled it. My situation is over in my mind.

Well considering there are a few things you didn't know about that could've been discovered with a little time and effort that would've helped, maybe all of the blame isn't on them.

As far as handling Verizon's employee conduct, escalate the issue to either a CS supervisor or the Retention Department, as they have more authority to deal with issues of this kind. If you don't trust anyone at Verizon to handle it, then take it either to the Better Business Bureau or to your local states attorney or to your state's attorney general. They are there to protect consumers from business fraud.

No need to be bitchy about this. Not everyone is going to tell you what you want to hear, that's reality. Take what you can use and discard what you don't. I've dealt with my share of Verizon employees, and generally I find I usually know more about their business than they do. There are crappy one and good ones, as there are in any company. Just recently I called about this offer 10 different times over the course of 3 days, because when dealing with Verizon, if you get a majority of people relaying the same info, it's probably correct. But the blame isn't always at the CSRs feet either. One of the last calls I made the CSR was pretty I'll informed about the promo, and I said as much. I went on to say that with the promo going live the next day, they should really be more informed about it, especially since the first day it's in effect there wouldn't be any employees to field calls on it. She informed me that the CSRs were formally briefed on the promo for the first time that morning. Now that doesn't give them the excuse to lie to you, but the problem is many times people become just as irrate if you tell the truth that you don't know the answer for certain. And the fact that Verizon seems to have no issue with sending their employees out with piecemeal knowledge speaks more about management than the keyless themselves.

My advice would be to pursue one of the avenues I laid out either through Verizon or otherwise, or both.

Last edited:

anon(9733642)

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Well considering there are a few things you didn't know about that could've been discovered with a little time and effort that would've helped, maybe all of the blame isn't on them.

As far as handling Verizon's employee conduct, escalate the issue to either a CS supervisor or the Retention Department, as they have more authority to deal with issues of this kind. If you don't trust anyone at Verizon to handle it, then take it either to the Better Business Bureau or to your local states attorney or to your state's attorney general. They are there to protect consumers from business fraud.

No need to be bitchy about this. Not everyone is going to tell you what you want to hear, that's reality. Take what you can use and discard what you don't. I've dealt with my share of Verizon employees, and generally I find I usually know more about their business than they do. There are crappy one and good ones, as there are in any company. Just recently I called about this offer 10 different times over the course of 3 days, because when dealing with Verizon, if you get a majority of people relaying the same info, it's probably correct. But the blame isn't always at the CSRs feet either. One of the last calls I made the CSR was pretty I'll informed about the promo, and I said as much. I went on to say that with the promo going live the next day, they should really be more informed about it, especially since the first day it's in effect there wouldn't be any employees to field calls on it. She informed me that the CSRs were formally briefed on the promo for the first time that morning. Now that doesn't give them the excuse to lie to you, but the problem is many times people become just as irrate if you tell the truth that you don't know the answer for certain. And the fact that Verizon seems to have no issue with sending their employees out with piecemeal knowledge speaks more about management than the keyless themselves.

My advice would be to pursue one of the avenues I laid out either through Verizon or otherwise, or both.
I couldn't agree with you more. If you read back to my original comment I've always taken some ownership of the issue. I have also said I appreciate the comments whether I agree or disagree as that's part of the forums. I don't think my side or comments are whining or complaining although I see the other side. From my side I was stating fact. After several back and forth of both agreement and disagreement and advice I just shared how I personally was resolving the issue. And said I didn't feel the discussion of my situation needed to go on. I think that's fairly harmless. I haven't taken a personal shot at anyone in the thread or anything like that. It's water under the bridge. I'll pay for my mistake. I should have sought out more info at the time. Shame on me for trusting the manager I knew for 18 years that actually did in fact do everything they promised. The phone was FREE. My bill is 25% less. It is my fault for not asking about the contract but I was told clearly the phone was free and I wouldn't notice anything on the bill but the line fee, plan fee, insurance, and taxes. No mention of 24 months of crediting. Again I accept blame for not covering all my bases but that doesn't excuse them for avoiding and not disclosing.

I literally am in a good spot with this. I don't want to argue in these threads. Anybody who knows me from from iMore or CrackBerry and my prior username that needed to be switched knows I'm not the guy to complain or ruffle feathers. I told my story. That's all.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't agree with you more. If you read back to my original comment I've always taken some ownership of the issue. I have also said I appreciate the comments whether I agree or disagree as that's part of the forums. I don't think my side or comments are whining or complaining although I see the other side. From my side I was stating fact. After several back and forth of both agreement and disagreement and advice I just shared how I personally was resolving the issue. And said I didn't feel the discussion of my situation needed to go on. I think that's fairly harmless. I haven't taken a personal shot at anyone in the thread or anything like that. It's water under the bridge. I'll pay for my mistake. I should have sought out more info at the time. Shame on me for trusting the manager I knew for 18 years that actually did in fact do everything they promised. The phone was FREE. My bill is 25% less. It is my fault for not asking about the contract but I was told clearly the phone was free and I wouldn't notice anything on the bill but the line fee, plan fee, insurance, and taxes. No mention of 24 months of crediting. Again I accept blame for not covering all my bases but that doesn't excuse them for avoiding and not disclosing.

I literally am in a good spot with this. I don't want to argue in these threads. Anybody who knows me from from iMore or CrackBerry and my prior username that needed to be switched knows I'm not the guy to complain or ruffle feathers. I told my story. That's all.

My sole point wasn't to assign blame. You asked for advice on how to deal with it, I mentioned a few avenues, try them, otherwise it will be your fault if you let it happen to you. It would especially be so if what they did was patently illegal, which lying about the particulars of a contract would be.

anon(9733642)

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

My sole point wasn't to assign blame. You asked for advice on how to deal with it, I mentioned a few avenues, try them, otherwise it will be your fault if you let it happen to you. It would especially be so if what they did was patently illegal, which lying about the particulars of a contract would be.
Just an FYI...after finally getting upper management, the following was explained:

It's all in how the contract is setup by at the same time I'm am FREE to do what I choose.

If would take some time to sort out (2-3) months but it would equal out.

Meaning, I could pay $650 today and pay off the Pixel which would bring everything to $0 on my end, but they still owe $650 in credits. If I ported out then they would cut me a check for the $650 owed to me. All I'd lose is the iPhone but, not really because I'd have the Pixel now to do as I please.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Just an FYI...after finally getting upper management, the following was explained:

It's all in how the contract is setup by at the same time I'm am FREE to do what I choose.

If would take some time to sort out (2-3) months but it would equal out.

Meaning, I could pay $650 today and pay off the Pixel which would bring everything to $0 on my end, but they still owe $650 in credits. If I ported out then they would cut me a check for the $650 owed to me. All I'd lose is the iPhone but, not really because I'd have the Pixel now to do as I please.

I'm curious how that affects one's ability to buy phone on DPP.

If you pay it off, are you eligible again after they give you bill credits or once the phone is paid off?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I definitely have. They couldn't figure out the trade in promotion for myself until day 14. Unfortunately, the system doesn't show $300 credit for the s6 or $200 for the other phone. If my bill credit doesn't go through I'm dropping them.

They couldn't figure out how to get my free screen replacement with my droid turbo. They couldn't figure out how to let me use my extended warranty when my LG G2 digitizer went bad. They couldn't figure out how to downgrade my plan for 6 months after THEY upgraded me without permission.

They just messed up my promotion details. They also charged me twice for my edge upgrade when I did that.

I have quite an issue with their compartmentalized systems and inept employees that seems to always benefit Verizon.

I'm getting ready to file a report with better business bureau. They wonder why they're losing people to T-Mobile. People just want good customer service. Not a company that puts their nose up in the air at competitors and customers
They also do not back misinformation of reps that cost u $. I got the "read the contract. It supersedes anything reps say" on TWO occasions. I have yet to see anybody read the entire contract when making a purchase & they don't even give you the microfont contract until AFTER u make the purchase. Very few people read that contract word by word until AFTER they get screwed.

I tend to trust what company reps tell me and the only company that has failed to "make it right somehow" when rep gives bad info is vzw. Reading & understanding that entire contract is not easy.

I still don't get why it took over an hour to get a refund on my flawless Note 7 in corporate store either. I needed to ******* & they wouldn't let me use their restroom! I thought it would take 10 minutes like return of any credit card purchase.

I used the correct word for the bio function they denied me & don't understand why it was blocked.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01