Got a Spigen case for yet-to-be shipped XL...anyone had any luck with the SlickWrap covers? I'm thinking doing both the wrap and a case to be extra careful, plus a Zagg screen protector. Overkill yes, but why not?

I like the way the SlickWrap looks (black carbon fiber on a black XL) but I've got a couple questions -- first, why do they send a dot to cover the fingerprint reader when that renders it unusable? And second, do these things peel off? I'm migrating from a Note 7 (two, actually) that had two Zagg protectors flake off due to the curved edges plus the warmth. So while the case on top of the skin seems like overkill I am kind of hesitant not putting the phone in a case.

Anyone?
    11-07-2016 01:56 PM
    I STILL have the same Slickwrap on my Nexus 7 that I put on my Nexus 7 when i got it new when it came out. When properly installed it will last a very long time. All the cuts for the speakers and cameras are almost exact. I thought about doing this same thing but I was worried about fitment with the wrap in a case. What case did you get? PLEASE keep this thread updated with the results.
    BoogieNY likes this.
    11-07-2016 02:01 PM
    Got a Spigen case for yet-to-be shipped XL...anyone had any luck with the SlickWrap covers? I'm thinking doing both the wrap and a case to be extra careful, plus a Zagg screen protector. Overkill yes, but why not?

I like the way the SlickWrap looks (black carbon fiber on a black XL) but I've got a couple questions -- first, why do they send a dot to cover the fingerprint reader when that renders it unusable? And second, do these things peel off? I'm migrating from a Note 7 (two, actually) that had two Zagg protectors flake off due to the curved edges plus the warmth. So while the case on top of the skin seems like overkill I am kind of hesitant not putting the phone in a case.

Anyone?
    The only problem is you'll wait 3 weeks for them to ship your order.
    BoogieNY likes this.
    11-07-2016 02:53 PM
    An upside to the SlickWrap is that they also make just a wrap just for the glass plate on the back.

So, for those who wish to protect that area, it's a steal!
    BoogieNY likes this.
    11-07-2016 04:14 PM
    I STILL have the same Slickwrap on my Nexus 7 that I put on my Nexus 7 when i got it new when it came out. When properly installed it will last a very long time. All the cuts for the speakers and cameras are almost exact. I thought about doing this same thing but I was worried about fitment with the wrap in a case. What case did you get? PLEASE keep this thread updated with the results.
    Got the carbon fiber spigen (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5553371) -- not sure how it will fit as the Pixel hasn't arrived yet. Heard nothing but good things about Spigen and I also had Verizon send me a Tech 21 case (not sure which one and can't access my pre-order so until it arrives I have no idea which case it will be).

I'm not sure if I am going to bother with a SlickWrap because I know I'll be using a case with the phone so this might be overkill, like I mentioned. And I've got the Zagg screen protector ready to go. But for $10 or so no reason not to try a wrap out. I am a little confused still why SW provides a dot to cover the fingerprint reader on the back -- still don't understand why that makes any sense whatsoever. Hoonose.
    11-08-2016 02:43 PM
    Dupe...ignore.
    11-08-2016 02:44 PM
    Got the carbon fiber spigen -- not sure how it will fit as the Pixel hasn't arrived yet. Heard nothing but good things about Spigen and I also had Verizon send me a Tech 21 case (not sure which one and can't access my pre-order so until it arrives I have no idea which case it will be).

I'm not sure if I am going to bother with a SlickWrap because I know I'll be using a case with the phone so this might be overkill, like I mentioned. And I've got the Zagg screen protector ready to go. But for $10 or so no reason not to try a wrap out. I am a little confused still why SW provides a dot to cover the fingerprint reader on the back -- still don't understand why that makes any sense whatsoever. Hoonose.
    11-08-2016 02:45 PM
    The only problem is you'll wait 3 weeks for them to ship your order.
    Good thing I've got to wait another three weeks for the Pixel to arrive, right? ;-)
    11-08-2016 02:47 PM
    An upside to the SlickWrap is that they also make just a wrap just for the glass plate on the back.

So, for those who wish to protect that area, it's a steal!
    Agreed, although their site is a bit convoluted -- I'm guessing I'll wind up grabbing the entire set of front and back protectors, minus a screen protector. Not sure.
    11-08-2016 02:50 PM