Hi,

Anyone else having issues using the google prompt for 2-step verification? When I try to set it up on the pixel it says my device is compatible but offline.

I tried the pixel support line and had what I felt was an insane conversation. They wanted me to send them a screen shot of the prompt option on the google site because they say only a phone number and email are an option for 2-step verification. Felt like I was in the twilight zone sending google support a picture of their own website. Then they told me to ingore that option because it wasn't meant for my phone. Kinda scary.

Anywho, just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue too.

Thanks
    11-10-2016 02:00 PM
    I haven't had that problem and it works fine on my Pixel XL
    11-10-2016 05:11 PM
    Likewise. Works perfectly with both my Google accounts.
    11-10-2016 06:55 PM
    I'm having this issue also. I get to the point where it says try it now, but the prompt never shows up on my phone. Are you using a google apps account?
    11-14-2016 10:43 AM
    I had to use one of my rescue codes to get signed up. The Google authentication app works fine for me as well.
    11-14-2016 10:57 AM
    no issues here. Unless I have to reset my phone which is my primary location for the app, then it takes some maneuvering. once up and running work great. BTW i now go into the app ahead of time and switch my wifes phone to primary and then do the reset. You learn this stuff when you go thru and reset 8 times in 2 months. just makes it slightly easier.
    11-14-2016 11:06 AM
    no issues here. Unless I have to reset my phone which is my primary location for the app, then it takes some maneuvering. once up and running work great. BTW i now go into the app ahead of time and switch my wifes phone to primary and then do the reset. You learn this stuff when you go thru and reset 8 times in 2 months. just makes it slightly easier.
    Agreed. That is when I learned you can get 8 backup codes. When I got my first Note 7 :eyeroll: I had already wiped my old device (so stupid). I ended up turning off 2-step so I could finish the setup. After I set it back up, I realized that you can get the back up codes and access them from https://myaccount.google.com/securit...p-verification. They are very handy. I think I have burned 2.
    11-14-2016 11:13 AM