Bluetooth texts still jacked on Ford Sync

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Hoped the update last night would fix things but I still get 500 texts once I get a new one in my 2015 F-150 Sync. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. Sync acts like all my archived texts are brand new when I connect. And decides to pop up options for every one of them. I finally deleted all of them. To stop the pop-ups.

Even new texts will load over and over, including archived ones. I finally just disabled the messaging in the Bluetooth options for Sync.

Last edited:

pnicho

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here with my 2016 Chevy Camaro. Had no issues with my 5x. If it weren't for being able to use the phone hands free and the occasional music, I wouldn't even let it connect. It drives me absolutely nuts as it blocks the digital speedometer. It also covers the favorite stations presets on the mylink display since I can never completely clear out the text notifications.

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue. Sync acts like all my archived texts are brand new when I connect. And decides to pop up options for every one of them. I finally deleted all of them. To stop the pop-ups.

I tried toggling BT off and on.... no luck. Hope the fix is soon!

wire1141

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hoped the update last night would fix things but I still get 500 texts once I get a new one in my 2015 F-150 Sync. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

2016 F150 Sync here. I connect quick but about a half hour in truck and, with or without a new text, here comes the never ending texts. Never happened with note 4. Very discouraging!

WillyBean12

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Similar issue with 2015 Ford Edge. We had to turn off the text message permission in Bluetooth settings. Hopefully, Google will issue a fix quickly.

bball840

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Same issue in 2013 Lexus - no connection issues but old texts received between car trips get pushed through to the car when a new one arrives