Google Pixel: Swipe to answer calls?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Can someone with swipe report their phone app version? I suppose it's possible the new build removed Swipe?

I have version 6.0.136097483 and tap to answer/reject - Google Store 128gb Pixel XL
Same specs as above.

When I get a call, I have a single large button at bottom center screen with swipe up to answer, swipe down to ignore.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Verizon, Pixel 32, no screen locks. Gravity app. - 2 buttons at the bottom to tap. Ignore or Answer

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I know I'm late to the party, but if you have any app that needs accessibility settings turned on, then it changes the incoming call ui for some reason. For me, it was Pie Control app from the Play Store that needed it.

This is the answer. I use lastpass and I had it turned on under Accessibility. I had the two buttons. I turned it off and I had the swipe.

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Just got a phone app update after the 7.1.1 OTA yesterday and now even with apps with accessibility, I got slide to answer. Perhaps bug fixed?

For reference, my accessibility apps are Dashlane and Texpand.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
So I recently got some phone update and now I have a dot to swipe up to answer.

How the heck do I reject a call? Swiping it left, right or down doesn't do it.

anon(7894762)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Swiping down rejects the call but you have to do it just right. If you tap the icon and drag down you'll notice that it turns red like you're rejecting it but if you don't drag it just right, it'll bounce back to its starting position rather than rejecting the call. It's a slightly weird UI choice that bugs me.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Swiping down rejects the call but you have to do it just right. If you tap the icon and drag down you'll notice that it turns red like you're rejecting it but if you don't drag it just right, it'll bounce back to its starting position rather than rejecting the call. It's a slightly weird UI choice that bugs me.

On reddit I found a comment that you don't have to drag the icon, you can swipe down anywhere on the screen. Going to give that a try. This is a really bad UI decision, two buttons were easy and clear.