Is 32GB enough for you?

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Mine is about 5.39 gigs for system storage. I have the 32, if you are talking about space vs memory. But for memory I just disable everything I don't need of course

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I wish there was a way without rooting my phone that I could get rid of a lot of the google related apps on my phone that I don't and probably will never use, eating up space

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Does the system memory take up a crap load like it does on the galaxy's?
Nope this is mine with apps and one playlist downloaded (45 songs).

I went with 128 just for comfort. I could have survived on 32 fine.. I just didn't want to manage it by deleting photos and video even if backed in the cloud. Basically... Me being lazy lol :p.

1479858830459.jpg

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Nope this is mine with apps and one playlist downloaded (45 songs).

I went with 128 just for comfort. I could have survived on 32 fine.. I just didn't want to manage it by deleting photos and video even if backed in the cloud. Basically... Me being lazy lol :p.

View attachment 246564
Lol I'm nervous to get the 32 but I know for sure I def don't need the 128. To spend $100 more knowing I won't use it to the fullest doesn't make much sense

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
With free pics and video storage, unless you use a ton of apps or download a ton of music and games, what else is there? I just download my music to a zip and plug in and problem solved for me. Of course as many say, mileage varies depending on your needs

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
With free pics and video storage, unless you use a ton of apps or download a ton of music and games, what else is there? I just download my music to a zip and plug in and problem solved for me. Of course as many say, mileage varies depending on your needs

That is mainly my needs. I usually just stream all my content but having the 128 is nice so when I go on trips I can load up all my playlists (more than the 45 I have on the phone right now .. A lot more) and also movies. I do that so I don't have to worry about cell connection when maybe being in a bad area. My day to day though I have LTE everywhere and unlimited data hence why I stream a lot.

wordfool

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Depends how you use the phone... I use mine as a music device (usually have at least 15GB of music on there), I also like to take a lot of photos, and use backcountry mapping apps that require offline maps, so having lots of space was kinda necessary. Hence I opted for the 128GB, which is overkill but sadly the only option since there was no 64GB version or an SD card option (on my Sony I just used a 32GB SD card for music, photos and maps)

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to go for the 128gb. I have a 64 gig SD card in my current HTC M8, with over 40 gigs used for music. No way 32 works for me. Just wish Google would put an SD card slot in their phones, would make moving my music a lot easier.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I went 32gb and I hope I don't regret. I have great coverage here and unlimited data, so I don't need to keep a lot of pics or videos on my phone and I don't hold any music as I usually just stream from Google Music. I do download a lot of podcasts, but that doesn't take up a ton of room. I think I will be good, as I only plan on having the phone for a year before selling it and upgrading.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I think soon removable storage is going to be a thing of the past. I too still am not used to not having it but I'd rather get hit with it now then having to face reality soon enough

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Take advantage of the USB-C / type A adapter that comes with your device. If storage becomes a concern, have a USB stick handy that you can have bigger files or store files onto.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say I'm a heavy app user but I take way too many photos for the wife. The unlimited storage is pretty great.

I'm going to use my thumb drive with the USB C adapter if I decide to watch movies or anything while traveling

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo