Hands down, the worst...

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hands down, the worst thing about getting the Pixel XL is my damn coworkers wanting to put their greasy finger prints all over my phone when they found out I got the Pixel XL!

Also, scares me to death that they are holding it, knowing their iPhone 7+ has a broken screen sitting on their desk.

I know, it's a first world problem, but it's still ??????

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As a fellow user who's also compulsive about maintaining his phone in a pristine state (I have a Nexus 6P), I see those cracked screens and want to scream, "HOW CAN YOU LOOK AT THAT EVERY DAY?!?!":p

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
As a fellow user who's also compulsive about maintaining his phone in a pristine state (I have a Nexus 6P), I see those cracked screens and want to scream, "HOW CAN YOU LOOK AT THAT EVERY DAY?!?!":p

Haha! Same. I've replaced screen protectors because of a chip.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
OP, you let people handle your phone? Risky business. Saw a thread here somewhere saying someone did the same and it was dropped and cracked. Oh, no problem I'll get you a replacement. What?!? $750 ??? And backordered.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
OP, you let people handle your phone? Risky business. Saw a thread here somewhere saying someone did the same and it was dropped and cracked. Oh, no problem I'll get you a replacement. What?!? $750 ??? And backordered.
I know. I don't even want my wife handling it haha

But people just walk by my office and stop in to talk and just grab for it sometimes. So I just hand it over to avoid them dropping it. Lol

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Just put it in an iPhone case...then nobody will touch it. Kinda like the Chex mix commercials where they put Chex mix in a generic potato chip bag...ok...that took to long to explain...not funny.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I lie to people who want to see my phone and tell them that the last person dropped it. For example, at the gym my membership cards on my phone. When they reach for my phone to scan the membership ID, I tell them no, because the last person dropped it.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hands down, the worst thing about getting the Pixel XL is my damn coworkers wanting to put their greasy finger printers all over it when they found out I got the phone!

I know, it's a first world problem, but it's still ??????

That statement is soo true, I was amazed at people wanting to hold my phone with greasy or oily hands rather it be co workers or friends.Then looking at their phones I could tell they handled their own phones with their oily and greasy hands also. :D

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Also, scares me to death that they are holding it knowing their iPhone 7+ has a broken screen sitting on their desk.

Makes me think of when people say, "can I borrow such and such , I'll take care of it as if it were my own." I respond, "no, I want you to take care of it as if it belonged to someone else"

Last edited:

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
One of the best things about the Pixel (or probably any nougat device) is walking up to non-techie co-workers, pointing at the screen, and telling them, "A cat is here" and watching the perplexed look on their face as they try to figure out what the heck I'm on about.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hands down, the worst thing about getting the Pixel XL is my damn coworkers wanting to put their greasy finger printers all over it when they found out I got the phone!

Also, scares me to death that they are holding it knowing their iPhone 7+ has a broken screen sitting on their desk.

I know, it's a first world problem, but it's still ������

Tell them no. Just say, looking at your broken 7 tells me you should go to the verizon store and look at it.
I do that at work. I show someone something on my phone and they reach for it. I just say "sorry, I let another person "see" my phone once and they dropped it and wouldn't pay the $800 to replace the phone"
They will get over it. I also don't use cases on any phone.
Me telling them that someone else dropped my phone is a lie. I just say that as a reason to not let them touch it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34