Firstly please forgive me as I'm not very tech savvy. I bought the 32gb Pixel with ingention of storing most of my many pics in google drive cloud free option. Problem is if I go,to say post a photo to Facebook or send via whatsapp I can only access the photos I have physically taken with the Pixel camera. Maybe I am being thick thinking I cld still see all of my photos and access them even if not physically not stored on the phone. I've called the support line and they have no idea what to do. Could be something simple I'm not doing, but what's the point of having the 32gb of you have to have all the pics stored on her actual phone to access them. I can see the photos in my photos app but can't when using other apps. Thanks for any help.
    11-16-2016 03:25 PM
    The only social app I have on my phone right now is Twitter, and it definitely lets you pull photos from the cloud.
    Click on the camera, "More" from the dropdown box, then you can select from a variety of drives and locations.
    11-16-2016 11:04 PM
    The only social app I have on my phone right now is Twitter, and it definitely lets you pull photos from the cloud.
    Click on the camera, "More" from the dropdown box, then you can select from a variety of drives and locations.
    11-17-2016 02:13 AM
    Don't have those options. All I have is to select from Gallery or take live photo or video. Maybe I have a faulty phone.
    11-17-2016 02:14 AM
    That's a silly way to think. Don't get me wrong you have a legitimate issue and I can play around with mine on Friday after I get it to help you. But that is obviously a software issue. If you have an internet connection. If you have access to the cloud service at other points and just not with this, than there is no reason to believe that the phone itself is broken (unless you aren't realizing that it is dropping connections before you go to select it).

I would check your account settings and app settings that might limit your ability to use it (like turning off certain services when adding your account).
    11-17-2016 03:52 AM
    When you open photos and either click on one photo or long press to check mark several there should be a share symbol which should bring up share options including your social media. The share options symbol looks like a sideways v with dots attached to the end. Do you see this?
    11-17-2016 04:50 AM
    Just to be sure, you have opened the photos app on its own correct? I know when I first loaded up my device I wouldn't see the photos in the cloud until i actually opened the photos app and completed the setup.
    11-17-2016 07:42 AM
    Firstly please forgive me as I'm not very tech savvy. I bought the 32gb Pixel with ingention of storing most of my many pics in google drive cloud free option. Problem is if I go,to say post a photo to Facebook or send via whatsapp I can only access the photos I have physically taken with the Pixel camera. Maybe I am being thick thinking I cld still see all of my photos and access them even if not physically not stored on the phone. I've called the support line and they have no idea what to do. Could be something simple I'm not doing, but what's the point of having the 32gb of you have to have all the pics stored on her actual phone to access them. I can see the photos in my photos app but can't when using other apps. Thanks for any help.
    I believe what you are saying is while you are trying to post a photo from inside the social media app it only allows you to select from the internal gallery. If you are in the photos app and click "share" it will give the option to upload whichever photo you are looking at to the social media app. I know that is not ideal, but until Facebook or others allow access to pull pics from outside apps then that is the only method. It's on the social media app end.... Instagram for example allows you to select the "photos" app as an option I'm their "other" menu
    11-17-2016 07:52 AM