External Power Packs

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations? My Pizel gets great battery life, but I want to be prepared with an external battery pack that also has rapid charge if possible. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got this one today
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRQDAEI?psc=1&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5576395

The thing is a monster though. I'm hoping someone comes out with a USB-C PD that is around 6,000 MA that can easily slip in the pocket. I'd buy 2 or 3 of those

Seconded, with a built in cable to please! ACC/Anker batteries like that were sooo convenient.

To add to some of the above comments... The "charging rapidly" message is almost meaningless, it shows up at anything above 10W or possibly even 7.5W, basically the only way you won't see it is off a pretty old 1A charger (5W).

The Orico pack listed doesn't even charge at more than 12W going by it's own specs (5V at 2.4A)... Still decently fast if it manages that, but that's not one of the official PD charge rates. None of these packs support PD negotiation at all, I don't think any of them even default to a 'dumb' but near max 15W rate with a Pixel (5V at 3A), they're all made for Qualcom QC or other specs.

I've only seen one actual PD battery pack and it's a huge unit made for MacBooks by Kanex... IF you already have a decent battery pack I'd hold off on buying anything with Type C right now as almost nothing out there is really optimized for PD or the Pixel.

In fact, the safest and surest way to achieve pretty fast (albeit not maxed) charging with a pack right now is probably to find one with proper 2.4A support for iDevices and just use a Type A to C cord. The Pixel phones stealthily support Apple-like signaling on the charger/pack's end (for 12W).

That might actually be what the Orico is doing over Type C but it's hard to tell going off the specs. (again, not picking on it, just using it as an example)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma