Hello,

I just upgraded from the Note 5 to the Pixel XL and was wondering how I can go about adjusting my app notifications like I was able to with my Note 5. The notification options I've tried with the XL only disable notifications completely or make them silent but still displays on the lock screen which neither of them are what I'm looking for. On the Note 5, you were able to receive the push notifications on the home screen just fine but nothing appeared on the lock screen or at the top peek bar area which is what I want. Is this possible?

Thanks!
    11-22-2016 01:27 AM
    I'm not entirely sure what you are looking to accomplish, but, have you seen this?

Settings -> Notifications -> tap the gear icon at top right -> tap "On the lock screen" -> choose from "Don't show notifications at all" - "Show all notification content" - "Hide sensitive notification content"
    11-22-2016 06:20 AM
    There are 5 settings... You can see each option if you long hold the app notification when it comes up... Read each one and decide which works best...
    11-22-2016 10:16 AM
    I'm not entirely sure what you are looking to accomplish, but, have you seen this?

Settings -> Notifications -> tap the gear icon at top right -> tap "On the lock screen" -> choose from "Don't show notifications at all" - "Show all notification content" - "Hide sensitive notification content"
    There are 5 settings... You can see each option if you long hold the app notification when it comes up... Read each one and decide which works best...
    So after doing more research, I discovered that the Pixel doesn't have it's own unread counter therefore I purchased Nova Launcher to use TeslaUnread to handle that part. I managed to set everything how I want with hiding sensitive information on the lock screen then used the System UI setting to set the importance level of each app. For instance, I use Level 1 (No full screen interruption, peeking, sound, or vibration. Show at the bottom of the notification list. Hide from lock screen and status bar"). However, when I unlock my device and slide down the top bar, I can see the exact content and it's text within the messages that I don't want to be shown unless I open the physical application.

Example: On the Galaxy Note 5, I would go into Settings > Lock Screen & Security > Personal > Notifications > Notifications on Lock Screen > Hide Content. When doing this on certain apps, nothing appears from the app notification wise (including the top slide-down bar) except the unread counter and then once I open the app myself, then I can see the content. However, with the Pixel, you can slide the bar down and see all the content within the app I hid the content on.
    11-22-2016 11:11 PM