I gave my iPhone 7 Plus to my dad for the Pixel XL, mistake in my opinion. While the phone is very smooth and has a great camera it doesn't really offer much else for $910 after taxes. I can honestly same I am underwhelmed by it and oh got these bezels are terrible. The speaker is also pretty terrible. I'm also not a fan of the fingerprint scanner in the back at all.

So besides quick software updates, why should I keep my Pixel XL instead of buying a OnePlus 3T?

Wish the Note 7 wouldn't have had a recall, that was the best phone this year.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    11-22-2016 11:14 AM
    If could only pick one, 3t. Why?

*IMO it's one of the best designs ever, up there with hTc One M7.

*Easily the closest to pure Android.

*Dual SIM cards.

*Dash Charging, it seems to be more faster than Google or Samsung.

*Value. $639 CAN for the 128GB.

I own iPhone 7 Plus 256GB, my daily driver. Pixel XL because I'm an addict. LOL No, I upgraded/subsidy.

Again, sold my OnePlus 3 (again for the third time) and buying the 3t Soft Gold.
    11-22-2016 11:24 AM
    Depends on your carrier. OnePlus does not work with Verizon or Sprint.
    11-22-2016 11:33 AM
    Yep. If you put a VZW or Sprint SIM in, it'll "work", but it won't work well. It only supports 1 CDMA band, so outside of LTE coverage areas, there's a lot of places it won't work while another phone would.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    11-22-2016 11:39 AM
    I personally feel we've come to the point where midpriced phones can compete just as much with premium priced phones. I just can't justify the prices on any of these premium end phones nowadays. I bought the OP3T yesterday coming from an almost 4 yr old HTC One M7. Came close to getting a pixel but the OP3T offers just what I need.
    codeda likes this.
    11-22-2016 11:41 AM
    Should have said, i'm on at&t so it will work fine.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    11-22-2016 11:58 AM
    Looks like you have made up your mind and no reason to not get OP3T.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    11-22-2016 12:06 PM
    Looks like you have made up your mind and no reason to not get OP3T.
    I haven't really, I ordered one last night to try it out but I really haven't made up my mind. I'll probably be getting the Galaxy S8 when it comes out anyways just don't know what to go with for now.
    Brandwin and Deanig_12 like this.
    11-22-2016 12:38 PM
    Never had a One Plus, but I hear the 3T is well reviewed. Pixel is a no brainer for me because of the camera and full Project Fi compatibility.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    11-22-2016 12:39 PM
    Also, in my scenario, no wi-fi calling for t-mobile unlike the pixels. this and this alone was reason enough for me to go with a pixel.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    11-22-2016 01:04 PM
    From your list, seems like you'd enjoy the OP3T more.
    11-22-2016 03:18 PM
    You want best value get the OP3T. You want the best of the best, get the Pixel.
    11-22-2016 03:36 PM
    I gave my iPhone 7 Plus to my dad for the Pixel XL, mistake in my opinion. While the phone is very smooth and has a great camera it doesn't really offer much else for $910 after taxes. I can honestly same I am underwhelmed by it and oh got these bezels are terrible. The speaker is also pretty terrible. I'm also not a fan of the fingerprint scanner in the back at all.

So besides quick software updates, why should I keep my Pixel XL instead of buying a OnePlus 3T?

Get whatever phone u want.
    11-22-2016 06:54 PM
    I have the same choice. I currently have the pixel xl and it's a really nice device but I just ordered the OnePlus 3t because the specs were really good for the price.
    11-22-2016 09:42 PM
    Biggest con is that it doesn't work on Verizon.
    11-22-2016 09:50 PM

No offense to you, but I kind of find this humorous for me.
    Only because all the complaints you have against it are things that I actually enjoy and thing this device is awesome.
    I take advantage of the big bezels for landscape viewing. You get such a comfortable hold being able to put your finger there.
    The speaker actually bumps out some pretty good tunes. So much I have been throwing it on the dinner table at supper to have some nice music going in the background. And o my, the finger print scanner is awesome. Having it where a home button usually is never made forward a natural feel for my finger. Being abke to just pick up and place my finger on the backs is awesome. So quick!

Now, I am not bashing you for your dislikes. I just like how things you aren't impressed with, are features I don't want to give up.
    11-22-2016 10:06 PM
    No offense to you, but I kind of find this humorous for me.
    Only because all the complaints you have against it are things that I actually enjoy and thing this device is awesome.
    I take advantage of the big bezels for landscape viewing. You get such a comfortable hold being able to put your finger there.
    The speaker actually bumps out some pretty good tunes. So much I have been throwing it on the dinner table at supper to have some nice music going in the background. And o my, the finger print scanner is awesome. Having it where a home button usually is never made forward a natural feel for my finger. Being abke to just pick up and place my finger on the backs is awesome. So quick!

Now, I am not bashing you for your dislikes. I just like how things you aren't impressed with, are features I don't want to give up.
    Different strokes for different nerds.
    11-22-2016 10:22 PM

Based on this post, I'd say you shouldn't keep it - BUT - that is my opinion
    Fact - you are the one who has to decide this - nobody else - not our phone - not our choice.
    Just sayin'........
    Aquila likes this.
    11-22-2016 10:31 PM
    If you care about the price then the pixel isn't worth it.

The good points of the pixel is that it will get one more os update, and continuous security updates, etc.
    And that it has a better camera.

The OP3T has smaller bezels, and a better front facing camera, and a few other small things that don't quite come to mind. As well as the obvious lower price.

The extra os update is probably the biggest benefit of the pixel. The 3T will get the same support as the 3, and is launching with marshmallow, so won't get anything beyond Android O.
    11-22-2016 10:49 PM