Am I able to take advantage of Verizon's Black Friday Pixel deal?

HumorMonkey

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Here's the situation, my wife is locked into Verizon as her carrier (for work, although it's technically a personal account). She currently uses her unlocked Moto X Pure, which she owns outright. Verizon states that she isn't eligible for an upgrade/discount until June of next year. Her Moto X isn't in the best state, and might not even last until June. What are the chances of going to Verizon and getting in on the Pixel BF deal?

Since she's basically locked into Verizon, re-upping with a new contact contract wouldn't be an issue. Is that something they'd do? Just trying to figure out options, if any. Or, is her only option, as Verizon indicates, "upgrade now at retail price"?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So this might be a really weird way of accomplishing this - you could add a line, port your wife's phone number to Google voice, then change the new line's number to her phone and suspend service on the original line. Otherwise, they're not going to allow it as an upgrade path for a current line still under contract.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Here's the situation, my wife is locked into Verizon as her carrier (for work, although it's technically a personal account). She currently uses her unlocked Moto X Pure, which she owns outright. Verizon states that she isn't eligible for an upgrade/discount until June of next year. Her Moto X isn't in the best state, and might not even last until June. What are the chances of going to Verizon and getting in on the Pixel BF deal?

Since she's basically locked into Verizon, re-upping with a new contact contract wouldn't be an issue. Is that something they'd do? Just trying to figure out options, if any. Or, is her only option, as Verizon indicates, "upgrade now at retail price"?

So she can't change to the Verizon plan and sign up for the device payment plan to get the Pixel? The Verizon plan technically isn't a contract.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

What plan is she on?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that the device payment plan is not a contract. If it is I don't want anything to do with a new pixel on BF as this would also raise my access fee by $20. I'm starting to wonder why this deal sounded so good.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression that the device payment plan is not a contract. If it is I don't want anything to do with a new pixel on BF as this would also raise my access fee by $20. I'm starting to wonder why this deal sounded so good.

As far as I know, the Black Friday deal won't raise your access fee by $20.

But you will be penalized for paying the phone off early. The discount is actually a bill credit for 24 months - instead of $27 per month, the phone will be $10 per month because Verizon will be essentially crediting the monthly bill by $17 each month.

TDUBS219

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
To clear things up, if she currently owns the phone outright, there should be an upgrade available on that line unless someone on the account she's currently on did an alternate upgrade for themselves and took what would have been her upgrade. You can call Customer Support and ask them nicely to do an M2 non-device return early upgrade for you so you can take part in the Black Friday sale.

As stated above, the Verizon Plan is not a contract in any way, shape, or form - it's simply your unlimited talk, text, and data plan for your overall account/device(s). The Device Payment Agreement is similar to a "contract" but only an agreement that can be paid off early without being penalized whereas the 2 year contract that's being phased out would cost you a penalization which is your early termination fee that is not the same as paying your device off, so to speak. As long as your phone is outright bought/owned or you're on the Device Payment Agreement with the new verizon plan(s), you will only be paying a line access fee of $20.

To partake in the Black Friday deal, it does a require a new Device Payment Agreement being either a new line added or an upgraded line. Like Ry stated, it will then be a credit that is issued to you by Verizon after 1-3 billing cycles that will be $17 a month to bring the cost of your Device Payment Agreement to $10 a month. The Black Friday does not work with the old 2 year contract setup which Verizon is phasing out anyways.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers