The speakers on my Pixel stopped working for all apps. Restarted multiple times, cleared cache. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
    11-27-2016 04:00 PM
    Testing the speakers is probably something you can do by dialling a certain number, as here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=747756
    11-27-2016 06:44 PM
    Thanks but no luck... Called tech support, did all of the troubleshooting and still nothing. Between this and the Bluetooth issues the Pixel has been nothing but disappointing😖 I feel duped.
    11-27-2016 09:16 PM
    Welcome as a new member.
    It sounds like a warranty return is called for, but I'll request the Moderators to move the thread to the Pixel forum in case other users have suggestions.
    BeekC likes this.
    11-28-2016 08:41 AM
    Mod note. Thread moved to the Pixel & Pixel XL forum.
    belodion likes this.
    11-28-2016 08:45 AM
    The speakers on my Pixel stopped working for all apps. Restarted multiple times, cleared cache. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
    Do you play games on your Pixel?

I recall a few years ago there was a guy whose speakers stopped working and it turned out that he had a game installed which, when he told it to mute sounds, it muted sounds for *all* apps, even when the game wasn't running.

A couple of additional questions:

1. Can you still get Bluetooth audio output?
    2. If you go to Settings -> Sound, does the Media volume slider appear to function correctly?
    3. Do alarms work?
    4. Does the phone ring for incoming calls?
    11-28-2016 10:00 AM
    Thank you. Absolutely, I have requested one but haven't received a confirmation yet.
    11-28-2016 11:37 AM
    Thanks so much. I do play games...that one is definitely worth exploring. In answer to your questions...
    1. Yes, but not consistently
    2. The slider moves but no sound
    3. As I discovered this morning 😡 alarm only vibrates. No sound
    4. No ring or notification sounds - vibrate only.
    I have requested a new phone...
    11-28-2016 11:44 AM
    Just wondering if there was any solution found or do I need a new phone? My pixel has started doing the same.
    04-20-2017 04:22 AM
    Just wondering if there was any solution found or do I need a new phone? My pixel has started doing the same.
    I had a rogue game hijack my audio. Uninstalled said game, all is well. I have to admit I was pretty pissed off
    04-20-2017 10:22 PM
    I just recently faced the same problem! It's been 3 days and I have not been able to use my microphone, my speakers stopped working, and Bluetooth issues since forever!!!

However, after a couple cache and data reset for Bluetooth and Network, it started working again (Bluetooth)
    Speakers and microphone?
    Try turning off your phone completely. Reboot. Then press and hold restart button from power menu to reboot in safe mode. Everything works. Delete all cashed apps, reset network settings, and delete cache on Bluetooth and other apps as well.
    Seems to work fine now.
    It'll come back, but contact Google support and let them know how frustrating this is and they'll send you a new Pixel!!!
    08-12-2017 03:59 AM
    Just dealt with this in the last few days, my fix was simple, once I found it. Apparently pocket fuzz and whatever can collect in the headphone hole, putting, and keeping the phone in headphone mode. Take a Q-Tip and pull most of the cotton off, shove it down the hole, and twist. You really need to get deep in the hole. Apparently this releases the pins that think there is a headphone plugged in. Have a video or something on as you do this, and soon you will hear your audio return! It worked perfect for me! I plan on putting a tiny piece of tape over the headphone port from now on, since I never use it anyway. Good luck!!
    08-15-2017 01:31 PM