What's your Up Time?

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
So what's your Up Time?

How long has it been since a restart of your device?
I am coming from the BlackBerry PRIV, which after a while, I found myself doing daily restarts just to refresh the device.

Your Up Time can be found under Settings, About Device, Status, and then at the very bottom.

So far my UT is 322:35:51
(That's 322 hours...) I haven't restarted my device since the initial set up and it hasn't slowed down once. This Pixel XL is AWESOME!

anon(9733642)

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
So what's your Up Time?

How long has it been since a restart of your device?
I am coming from the BlackBerry PRIV, which after a while, I found myself doing daily restarts just to refresh the device.

Your Up Time can be found under Settings, About Device, Status, and then at the very bottom.

So far my UT is 322:35:51
(That's 322 hours...) I haven't restarted my device since the initial set up and it hasn't slowed down once. This Pixel XL is AWESOME!
Mine is just 37:13:20...just over 37 hours but I got it 2 days ago and the battery died finally so I had to restart it.

rslifkin

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I restarted mine after about a week just to see if it made any noticeable difference in anything. It didn't. At this point, unless something crashes, I'll probably see whatever the time is between updates worth of uptime.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I restarted mine after about a week just to see if it made any noticeable difference in anything. It didn't. At this point, unless something crashes, I'll probably see whatever the time is between updates worth of uptime.
I am tempted to do the same and see if it would be any faster, but I really don't know how it could be faster. Especially after I got rid of the transition animations and such in developer options. Its so quick!

rslifkin

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I am tempted to do the same and see if it would be any faster, but I really don't know how it could be faster. Especially after I got rid of the transition animations and such in developer options. Its so quick!

I did the same thing with the animations. The phone is fast enough that it makes a big difference in how it feels. The animations end up just being a waste of time.

rslifkin

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site

I did the same thing with the animations. The phone is fast enough that it makes a big difference in how it feels. The animations end up just being a waste of time.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Only time my phones ever get a reboot is if one is mandatory for updates. Never had any issues with slowdown, even after 2+ years on the Nexus 5. If anything it got faster with improvements the updates brought.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why is that? I keep hearing that from Android users. I never did that with iPhones, so it's new to me. Is it really necessary?

No -- not necessary. I rebooted my iPhones and I still reboot my iPad Air 2 every week. Just something I have always done.

quangtran1

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
The longest I've gone was 4 months on my Note 4. I've gone 3 months on a S3. I reboot my IP7 often. Actually, it reboots for me, LOL, since I get beta releases of iOS every 3 weeks or so lately.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The longest I've gone was 4 months on my Note 4. I've gone 3 months on a S3. I reboot my IP7 often. Actually, it reboots for me, LOL, since I get beta releases of iOS every 3 weeks or so lately.
Wow, 4 months. I am going to try for as long as possible.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
If you exclude mandatory OS update reboots, I have gone well over 2 years without a reboot required for other reasons.

Now days though with the monthly security patches it kind of takes the fun out of it haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463