What's your Up Time?

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
If you exclude mandatory OS update reboots, I have gone well over 2 years without a reboot required for other reasons.

Now days though with the monthly security patches it kind of takes the fun out of it haha.
O darn, I didn't even think about the monthly updates! The curses of having a Pixel and getting those every month.
Should have went with a Samsung....

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I find it's always good maintenance to keep the phone running smooth to reboot before everyday (when it comes off the charger) or at least once a week. Anytime a friend asks why their phone is slow (iPhone, android or even laptop) I ask

- when was the last time you erased your texts?
- when was your last reboot?

They always thank me after

rslifkin

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
IMO, if I have to reboot a phone daily or delete texts to keep it from lagging, something is wrong or the phone is just a piece of crap.

quangtran1

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
IMO, if I have to reboot a phone daily or delete texts to keep it from lagging, something is wrong or the phone is just a piece of crap.
^^^
Yes, yes. Unlike desktop OSes, there's not much memory leakage or driver conflict that would require reboots. The Android garbage collector is quite efficient, unless an app does not properly handle bitmap recycling, or an async task is not receiving whatever context for which it's expecting. In addition, analyses show that frequent reboots do harm to batteries.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I have made it 538 hours since my last reboot. Just got the push for the 7.1.1 update so I have no choice. Might as well do it.
Let's see if I can push it to the next security patch.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Idk, rebooting your phone is a pretty difficult thing to do...it's just my experience, rebooting from time to time definetly helps
Most stock Android phones the last few years, this isn't necessary. I've used multiple moto x and Nexus phones that all stayed lag free after over a month of uptime. Had a pure edition hit 1800 hours once...

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Idk, rebooting your phone is a pretty difficult thing to do...it's just my experience, rebooting from time to time definetly helps
Haha difficult indeed.
I am not against rebooting at all. The last year with my PRIV I would do reboots every once and a while. Either to just give the phone a refresh or because of a glitch, etc. However, with the Pixel that hasn't been the case as of yet. Would be nice if it stays that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana