12-11-2016 06:06 AM
175 123 ...
tools
    I finally got a Pixel in my hands and it ran so buttery smooth... I'm here wondering how to pitch my iPhone for one

Honestly I'll just be here drooling over everyone's phone so thought I'd say hi
    Aquila, libra89, Preach2k and 1 others like this.
    11-29-2016 11:32 AM
    Hi!
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    11-29-2016 11:43 AM
    Just wait until you load up some of those janky Android apps on your buttery new Pixel -- that'll slow everything down!

I've always thought the iPhone was buttery smooth, too. And I'm jealous of the fact that Apple's stringent developer rules means far fewer janky apps -- honestly, 90% of the time people complain about a misbehaving Android phone it seems to be down to one or more misbehaving apps.

But janky apps and the freedom to jank at will are better than Apple's ecosystem- and hardware-handcuffs... oh, and that abomination called iTunes.
    chadrob30 likes this.
    11-29-2016 11:47 AM
    Just wait until you load up some of those janky Android apps on your buttery new Pixel -- that'll slow everything down!

I've always thought the iPhone was buttery smooth, too. And I'm jealous of the fact that Apple's stringent developer rules means far fewer janky apps -- honestly, 90% of the time people complain about a misbehaving Android phone it seems to be down to one or more misbehaving apps.

But janky apps and the freedom to jank at will are better than Apple's ecosystem- and hardware-handcuffs... oh, and that abomination called iTunes.
    lol, what?
    11-29-2016 11:50 AM

Have you used a Pixel? :P.
    aggie, raremage, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    11-29-2016 11:53 AM

Ah....perhaps you are talking about a Galaxy S3 or something. I have 66 apps installed on my PXL, and it hasn't slowed down once in over two weeks of not even being restarted.
    11-29-2016 12:06 PM
    Yeah maybe you are talking about that s7 edge I just tossed in the drawer. I have 102 apps installed and the phone is still buttery smooth, not one hiccup.
    11-29-2016 12:14 PM
    My friend whose Pixel I was playing with has a ton of apps installed. It was still super smooth.
    11-29-2016 01:06 PM
    Hi!
    *waves*
    11-29-2016 01:06 PM
    I've been playing with various Pixels for almost two months now - the smoothness hasn't changed so far. Once the Note 7 got cancelled, if the Pixels didn't exist I probably would have tried the iPhone 7+.
    11-29-2016 01:08 PM
    Yes mine still as smooth as a hot knife through butter with my usual couple of handfuls of apps!
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    11-29-2016 02:32 PM
    Loaded up and not a stutter. I think it's only going to get better too from here on in.
    Shanicenicolle and cnotes63 like this.
    11-29-2016 04:11 PM
    I have been using my pixel xl for 12 days straight when I received it and swapped my SIM from my iPhone 7+

The only thing I have noticed is not HD voice or wifi calling on my pixel on att where it does work on an unlocked iPhone 7+. The pixel camera is nice as is the iPhone camera and the 2x zoom has been pretty handy. I have been using photos to back up my pixel photos and video and use OneDrive for my other devices. I also like the 3D touch like features of the pixel launcher. That is a feature I use often on my iPhone.

I am using voice assistant more and more as I get used to what it can do. Very handy to make calls and text people.

Overall two great devices. Very smooth and fluid. The pixel is without a doubt the smoothest android phone I have used in over 35+ devices. Keeping my iPhone and most likely keeping my Pixel XL. Looking forward to the raise to wake or double tap function on my pixel.
    aggie and JHStewart1023 like this.
    11-30-2016 10:56 AM
    You could do like I did. Found someone who wanted to trade a Pixel for an iPhone. Glad I made the trade and won't look back.
    11-30-2016 12:56 PM
    I finally got a Pixel in my hands and it ran so buttery smooth.
    Buttery smooth is good! Mine's pretty buttery too, despite all my fiddling with it.
    11-30-2016 01:13 PM
    Will still be smooth with any apps you download but no one can argue that apps on the iPhone are just better, including Google apps.

Also with iOS you don't worry about those apps that decide to misbehave and kill your battery.
    11-30-2016 03:12 PM
    Will still be smooth with any apps you download but no one can argue that apps on the iPhone are just better, including Google apps.

Also with iOS you don't worry about those apps that decide to misbehave and kill your battery.
    I can. I disagree on them being better. One instantly comes to mind because it pains me to this day since the GF uses it on her iPhone.. Google Photos. It cannot initiate backup or do backups unless the app is in the foreground. Therefore you have to remember to open it and let it upload or your photos won't back up. On Android I set it to WiFi / while charging only... And simply never think of it again. .
    krishnansasikumar likes this.
    11-30-2016 03:22 PM

I can argue that. A lot of apps are better on iOS, but a lot are better on Android.
    Almeuit and 1901Madison like this.
    11-30-2016 03:35 PM
    I can argue that. A lot of apps are better on iOS, but a lot are better on Android.
    I agree. Some are and some aren't. The Google keyboard is nowhere near as good on iOS and it always defaults to the iOS keyboard during password entry amongst other occasions.
    I can. I disagree on them being better. One instantly comes to mind because it pains me to this day since the GF uses it on her iPhone.. Google Photos. It cannot initiate backup or do backups unless the app is in the foreground. Therefore you have to remember to open it and let it upload or your photos won't back up. On Android I set it to WiFi / while charging only... And simply never think of it again. .
    This frustrated me the most about having the iPhone for a week, I was constantly opening Google photos and I rely on it everyday. Runs so smoothly on Android, especially the pixel
    11-30-2016 03:47 PM
    I agree. Some are and some aren't. The Google keyboard is nowhere near as good on iOS and it always defaults to the iOS keyboard during password entry amongst other occasions.

This frustrated me the most about having the iPhone for a week, I was constantly opening Google photos and I rely on it everyday. Runs so smoothly on Android, especially the pixel
    Yeah. Some are better (I happen to like the Facebook app on iOS more) but apps "working better" really depends on how the OS handles things as well. Or at least I like to think. Such as the Google Photos thing -- Way better on Android because Android allows the app to start itself in the background with the settings I have set. I am sure there are some iOS apps that ARE better than Android -- maybe because the dev cares more about their iOS app ? Who knows ? But I def. lean on the "it can depend" side versus "iPhone is best" or "Android is best" for apps.

I think we can all agree the apps on Windows are probably bad though (sorry Windows phone people!) -- I know some of the people on my team have used Windows phone and said if they even had the apps it was usually bad but the main issue was they couldn't even find an app.
    11-30-2016 04:10 PM
    Has Google fixed bad reception and dropped calls yet?
    11-30-2016 04:52 PM
    However, the Google play music app is a little better than on Android and it drives me nuts. When you have a song playing on Android and you see the album art, the album view is completely truncated/ incomplete and on iOS the entire album art scrolls across the screen. That's so annoying that Android cuts out a third of the album art and it doesn't scroll.
    11-30-2016 06:58 PM
    Has Google fixed bad reception and dropped calls yet?
    Wait? What?
    11-30-2016 06:59 PM
    I read Pixel had dropped call and reception issues? Maybe only on vzw.
    11-30-2016 07:01 PM
    I tried to use my iPhone 7+ today. After about 4 hours I put the sim back into the Pixel. It just seems to take so much longer to do things on iOS. Too many button presses.
    11-30-2016 07:41 PM
175 123 ...