Can the Wifi connected/disconnected notification be turned off?

fdisker2000

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have everything turned off in the wifi advanced menu on my Pixel XL: no searching and notifying of open networks, etc. I use my home wifi because data and phone can be iffy at my house but every time I connect and disconnect to my wifi I get a notification (I have a 4 acre property, so I am constantly connecting and disconnecting).

It gets annoying after a while.:-!

Is there anyway to disable them?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have everything turned off in the wifi advanced menu on my Pixel XL: no searching and notifying of open networks, etc. I use my home wifi because data and phone can be iffy at my house but every time I connect and disconnect to my wifi I get a notification (I have a 4 acre property, so I am constantly connecting and disconnecting).

It gets annoying after a while.:-!

Is there anyway to disable them?

I dont understand what you are talking about. I dont get any notification when it connects and disconnects?

are you using any app which is doing this? post a screenshot.
also when u get that notification long press on it to see what app is creating it

fdisker2000

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I guess notification maybe wasn't the correct term. Every time I connected/disconnect to my home wifi I would hear my default notification sound(no visual notification would pop up or show on the notification bar). The first several times my phone was bone stock, so no downloaded app was doing it.
I decided to forget my wifi and reconnect, then changed the configure wifi settings again to not notify of open networks, etc. I read via Google that worked. I'll see. Thanks.

yenyob

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I was just asking myself the same question today! Maybe we're in the minority going in and out of WiFi range. This happens at work walking throughout the building.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol