Visual Voicemail on Sprint

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I would say you would have to talk to Sprint about it and see what they offer. I'm on Verizon and I know they do offer basic voicemail and visual which I've had for quite a few years now. You pay extra for it of course, but I definitely think that it's worth it. At least for me it is.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Would be nice if visual voicemail just worked for free like it does on the iphone (and on the newer windows phones). I miss that from my iphone and Lumia 950. I am on Cricket, and they have a free app, but it is so much nice in my opinion when it works in the OS.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I can't get it set up on ATT with a pixel XL from Google. I'm not paying ATT for that service, if it causes a problem I'll just go back to iPhone.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
There is visual voicemail built into the phone app. Go into phone settings to turn it on and there will now be a fourth tab on the phone app.

Tf407

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
I enjoyed the "Sprint zone" app which is like a more convenient Sprint.com but it appears that the pixel is not eligible because none of the apk I find end up working properly. Supposedly it needs permissions on the phone that are not present with an unlocked device

I guess voicemail and certain carrier apps we sacrifice for true Google experience

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
There is visual voicemail built into the phone app. Go into phone settings to turn it on and there will now be a fourth tab on the phone app.

Which carrier are you on? It seems to be limited to Verizon, at least for now. I'm on Cricket and don't have that option.

tcatnat

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I messed around with Visual Voicemail for a week and even went to an AT&T store and they were clueless. The next day I came across an AT&T Visiual Voicemail app in the app store. Maybe there is something similar for Sprint. I don't like having another app to manage this but it's better than not having the feature. I've only used it in test scenarios and it's worked fine. I don't get many voice calls or voicemails.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.att.mobile.android.vvm&hl=en&token=1dj3-NZu

finsmaniac02

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am on sprint.

The way to do it, is to use "Google Voice" for voicemail.
THEN the 4th tab opens up in the phone app with the visual voicemail.

Its very tricky setting up google voice on sprint though.

Back in the day they tried integrating sprint number and using it as a real google voice number.
If you do that you will not be able to do MMS messages anymore. I don't know the science behind it, but you just won't be able to.
You WILL however get SMS and phone call logs (and ability to make phone calls) from a computer using google voice (which is pretty cool).

BUT if MMS is important, you do NOT want to do anything that says like "sprint integration" or "use my sprint number as google voice".
You want to SKIP that stuff and then it lets you set up google voice JUST for voicemail.
It will have you do some long code or some special phone number to dial, that will make your voicemail forward out to google as a final step.

The google voice app is archaic (and I think will be discontinued?) but it even has transcribes of the voicemails with it (you don't get these on the 4th tab in the phone app)

Hope this helps someone!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I think you can use google voice lite to do that if you are on AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-mobile. If not on the major carriers you are out of luck.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I am on sprint.

Back in the day they tried integrating sprint number and using it as a real google voice number.
If you do that you will not be able to do MMS messages anymore. I don't know the science behind it, but you just won't be able to.
You WILL however get SMS and phone call logs (and ability to make phone calls) from a computer using google voice (which is pretty cool).

BUT if MMS is important, you do NOT want to do anything that says like "sprint integration" or "use my sprint number as google voice".
You want to SKIP that stuff and then it lets you set up google voice JUST for voicemail.
It will have you do some long code or some special phone number to dial, that will make your voicemail forward out to google as a final step.

The google voice app is archaic (and I think will be discontinued?) but it even has transcribes of the voicemails with it (you don't get these on the 4th tab in the phone app)

Hope this helps someone!

I integrated my Sprint number and Google Voice, I am able to send pictures and whatnot still.

I use Hangouts for most sms duties and Messenger for the Multimedia stuff. Seems to work. Oh and the voice mail comes in on hangouts.

jreink01

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I am on sprint.

Hope this helps someone!
Hi, back a few years ago, i had sprint integrate my number with google voice. All i wanted voice for was for voicemail. Voice worked fine for my voicemail until yesterday when voice received a update. After that i was getting duplicate text notifications, one from my default app and one from voice. To make a long story short, only way to try to remedy the issue was to deactivate voice from my PC and uninstall voice. I setup voice again and not being sure, set it up with a different number it told me to pick. I reinstalled the voice app, this time when it asked for text permissions, i denied it. Now i don't get duplicate text notifications but when someone leaves a voicemail, i don't get the notification nor does the voicemail message show up in voice. I know i did some things wrong but if anyone can chime in, where do i proceed at this point? The sprint integration is still active, do i call sprint to deactivate this. What you were saying about mms makes sense, i was pulling my hair out because mms was not working on my last phone. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz