quiet ringtones

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I like the default ringtones but some of them are a bit too low at max volume to hear across my apartment. Anyone have any apps to increase the volume of ringtones? I don't want to blow my speakers, I just need it a level or two louder. Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Ringtone Maker on the phone, or copy the ringtone to a PC, run Audacity on it (Audacity does a better job), then copy it back and choose the modified one (I usually add the word "Loud" in front of the name) as your ringtone.

You won't blow your speakers - the ringtone will get louder and louder until it starts distorting. From that point, the only thing you'll do is increase the amount of distortion. (Enough distortion will make the ringtone unrecognizable, but attention-getting.)

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking myself as the ones supplied are way too low on my opinion. Haven't found what I'm looking for yet . I just want to download a few individual ones and don't want to have an entire app full of ringtones

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I always use RCP Ringtones app. Has tons of ring tones, notification sounds, alarms, varying degrees of loudness. It's a few bucks but you will definitely find anything you want in there.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I always use RCP Ringtones app. Has tons of ring tones, notification sounds, alarms, varying degrees of loudness. It's a few bucks but you will definitely find anything you want in there.

Thanks for this! Looks to be about what I'm looking for. Not concerned about the price as much as I am how large of an app this is space wise ! Might give it a go

anon(9733642)

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I like the default ringtones but some of them are a bit too low at max volume to hear across my apartment. Anyone have any apps to increase the volume of ringtones? I don't want to blow my speakers, I just need it a level or two louder. Thanks.
Look at the App "Zedge"...has everything. Ringtones, notifications, alarms. Seems to be the "Android" app of choice. I've used it since I got my Pixel and it's great.

It's FREE

wordfool

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know how to assign a ringtone to a contact?

There's no field for that in the contact profile.

took me a while to find it... it's buried two menus deep. You have to "edit" the contact, then from the edit screen hit the three-dot menu in the top right to "set ringtone"

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Look at the App "Zedge"...has everything. Ringtones, notifications, alarms. Seems to be the "Android" app of choice. I've used it since I got my Pixel and it's great.

It's FREE
So I downloaded it checked out some tones and downloaded about 20. Deleted the app and the tones I selected were in the appropriate folders on my phone and they all come up. So I got what I needed and got rid of the app.

I don't know how I missed these before but on the past I looked at them and samples them from my desktop
This was much better . Thanks!

Waterboy01

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know if you can make it so the contact has a ringtone and separate notification tone? As far as I can find it will only let you assign one tone to a contact

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ringtone Maker on the phone, or copy the ringtone to a PC, run Audacity on it (Audacity does a better job), then copy it back and choose the modified one (I usually add the word "Loud" in front of the name) as your ringtone.

You won't blow your speakers - the ringtone will get louder and louder until it starts distorting. From that point, the only thing you'll do is increase the amount of distortion. (Enough distortion will make the ringtone unrecognizable, but attention-getting.)

+1 on Audacity. I've used the piercing Pizzicato sound from the S2 for my work email notification sound for years, moving it from phone to phone, and was stunned to find its relative volume so low on my Pixel XL. Audacity > Effect > Amplify.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I now like Zedge. I just wish there was away to delete some of the preinstalled ringtones without having to root a phone to do so. I think with all the tones included with the phone for all notifications there are maybe 3 at most that I like or would use

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams