Cannot set up OK Google as trusted voice

wordfool

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
No idea why, but every option I can find to enable me to use the OK Google command when the phone is locked seems to be inactive and grayed out. Is there some mystery setting somewhere that needs to be active for it to work? I can "OK Google" fine when the phone is unlocked, just not when it's locked ("OK Google" just brings up the lock screen). All the other Smart Lock features seem to work. Google app is the latest version.

In Settings>Google>Search & Now>Voice -- the "OK Google Detection option is grayed out.
In Google App>Settings>Voice -- the "OK Google detection" option is grayed out.
In Settings>Security>Smart Lock>Trusted Voice -- the "Say OK Google any time" option is working, as is the "while driving" option. The "Trusted Voice" switch, however, is off and grayed out at all times, whatever the other switches are set at.

I do get an alert "Trusted Voice is part of 'OK Google' " when I go into Trusted Voice setup, but I've no idea what that means. It certainly doesn't mean OK Google is able to unlock my phone.

Anyone have any idea how I can get a Trusted Voice set up so I can actually unlock the phone by saying "OK Google"?

wordfool

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I've been through every single help article and set of instructions known to man and I checked every other Smart Lock option is working yet have not been able to get a trusted voice to work, which is why I'm asking this community. Google Assistant is working fine when the phone's unlocked, but something buried somewhere is preventing it from even having the option to unlock the phone and I'm at a loss where to look next.

EDIT: did a factory/hard reset to fix it. I never did find out what was interfering with Trusted Voice.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt