Buyer's remorse?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you are the one hurting arguing in a pixel forum.. Lol

I'm doing great having the best phones like iPhone 7 plus, pixel XL and value phones like one plus 3T.
Yeah hurting.. Lmao...whatever bud.

Anyway, there are many great phones out there. Whether one is "better" than another is pure opinion period.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thought we a were talking about phones but ok. Do you have a response to only 2 phones being the "best"?

Not at all; I just thought we were gonna do the "ok chief, no problem buddy, sure thing pal, you got it boss" thing.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I sent it back. It was really fast and I got good battery life. But the camera should not have such bad lens flare. I took the same photos with my 5X and didn't have any halo.

Ray Knight

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Got my Pixel XL about a week ago and so far i think its too big, heavy, chunky to hold. Its a pain even to just wake the screen. It seems very stripped down on software features/opions as well. One thing i can say its smooth as butter and the camera is good. Otherwise, I think my S7 edge is way more user friendly, way easier to hold, maybe a touch faster loading apps and games, better screen, and a lot more features out of the box. Everyone says touchwiz is bad and bloated but honestly, after using the pixel, i appreciate the touchwiz interface more. Its more user friendly and has a lot of features i actually use. Notifications for one on the pixel does not mark the icons so the only way to see notifications is pulling down the top bar. I have been missing quite a few messages. The S7/edge is not as smooth as the pixel but thats the only thing i really see thats better. I traded my old S6 for the pixel XL and got it for under $200 with trade. Black Friday deal! So i decided to give it a shot but i think i'm going to swap the sim back in my S7 or S7 edge for my daily driver. I do like the virtual home button on the pixel but when the screen is off, its gone. There are many small details about the S7 Edge that you REALLY miss going to the Pixel XL. All those little details add up. I'm surprised as well thats its not as fast as the S7 with its older processor and touchwiz. Its not too different but it is a bit slower. I'll give it another week or two then i may swap it for a V20. Nothing has lived up to the Note 7 yet. Thats the only phone i liked better than my S7 and S7 edge so far. it was perfect except it ran a little hot :)

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Interesting Ray. Personally I find the Pixel XL the easiest to wake phone that I have ever had. I use the rear fingerprint scanner to wake and unlock. It's amazingly fast and accurate.

Ergonomically I don't care for the volume rocker placement. Size and feel is great for me for one handed operation but that's because I've rooted and installed a gesture control application to put many functions and shortcuts at my disposal using just my right thumb.

I came from a Note 4 and can relate to missing some TouchWiz features but all in all I'm very satisfied with the Pixel XL.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Had a Droid Turbo with wireless charging for 2 years - bought a Z Force Droid without wireless charging - Z too big, got a Pixel without wireless charging - after using the Pixel for some time I miss the wireless charging more than I thought I would.

If there was a time machine app on the Pixel, I'd set it to take me back to the Droid Turbo and Qi wireless charger.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Got my Pixel XL about a week ago and so far i think its too big, heavy, chunky to hold. Its a pain even to just wake the screen. It seems very stripped down on software features/opions as well. One thing i can say its smooth as butter and the camera is good. Otherwise, I think my S7 edge is way more user friendly, way easier to hold, maybe a touch faster loading apps and games, better screen, and a lot more features out of the box. Everyone says touchwiz is bad and bloated but honestly, after using the pixel, i appreciate the touchwiz interface more. Its more user friendly and has a lot of features i actually use. Notifications for one on the pixel does not mark the icons so the only way to see notifications is pulling down the top bar. I have been missing quite a few messages. The S7/edge is not as smooth as the pixel but thats the only thing i really see thats better. I traded my old S6 for the pixel XL and got it for under $200 with trade. Black Friday deal! So i decided to give it a shot but i think i'm going to swap the sim back in my S7 or S7 edge for my daily driver. I do like the virtual home button on the pixel but when the screen is off, its gone. There are many small details about the S7 Edge that you REALLY miss going to the Pixel XL. All those little details add up. I'm surprised as well thats its not as fast as the S7 with its older processor and touchwiz. Its not too different but it is a bit slower. I'll give it another week or two then i may swap it for a V20. Nothing has lived up to the Note 7 yet. Thats the only phone i liked better than my S7 and S7 edge so far. it was perfect except it ran a little hot :)
Well I came from an s7 edge and my story is a little similar to yours, but in the end I'm in love with the pixel. I originally got the XL BC it was the same size screen as my s7 edge and had quad HD display. I used it for 4 days and like you said, it was very clunky and big for me compared to the s7 edge. The edge form factor is the most impressive thing about the phone, even though I hated the curved edges.

So I sold my XL and got the regular 5" pixel figuring I'd give it a try. I always had the larger phones BC of the battery capacity and I read how great the battery was on the pixel compared to its big brother. Since it's not quad HD (I can't even notice the diff) the battery is extremely efficient. I can say I get WAY better battery life on my pixel compared to the s7 edge. My phone sits in standby a lot at work and my s7 edge couldn't handle standby time, but the pixel...Wowww. I can say the pixels standby time is on par with the iPhone. It's extremely impressive. All the bells and whistles on Samsung devices are always overwhelming, and if you use a couple of them you will most likely miss them. I miss Samsung pay and palm swipe for screenshots, but that isn't enough for me to go back to the edge due to the amazing performance of the pixel. I don't even feel like I'm using an Android phone, it's crazy how smooth and functional the device really is.

Have you considered trying the 5" pixel?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

If you check out the V20 forum, you'll see some Note 7 transplants that for the first week or so were missing their Note 7 then slowly started forgetting about it. Obviously not everyone, but a lot of Samsung people are LG strong now. It's interesting times my friend.

Ray Knight

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Well I came from an s7 edge and my story is a little similar to yours, but in the end I'm in love with the pixel. I originally got the XL BC it was the same size screen as my s7 edge and had quad HD display. I used it for 4 days and like you said, it was very clunky and big for me compared to the s7 edge. The edge form factor is the most impressive thing about the phone, even though I hated the curved edges.

So I sold my XL and got the regular 5" pixel figuring I'd give it a try. I always had the larger phones BC of the battery capacity and I read how great the battery was on the pixel compared to its big brother. Since it's not quad HD (I can't even notice the diff) the battery is extremely efficient. I can say I get WAY better battery life on my pixel compared to the s7 edge. My phone sits in standby a lot at work and my s7 edge couldn't handle standby time, but the pixel...Wowww. I can say the pixels standby time is on par with the iPhone. It's extremely impressive. All the bells and whistles on Samsung devices are always overwhelming, and if you use a couple of them you will most likely miss them. I miss Samsung pay and palm swipe for screenshots, but that isn't enough for me to go back to the edge due to the amazing performance of the pixel. I don't even feel like I'm using an Android phone, it's crazy how smooth and functional the device really is.

Have you considered trying the 5" pixel?

I like the big screen size and i have a brand new S7 (non edge) so i use that when i travel, bike, etc since its small enough to be pocket size. Just not crazy about how giant the XL is. Its bigger than my note 7 was. Maybe i'll get used to it. For the $200 i paid for it, its definitely worth giving a shot! I'll wait a few weeks and see how i feel then. I wish i could make folders in the app drawer with the pixel launcher. I like the way it navigates but a few things just missing.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Only remorse was the day I purchased. Since then none.

Love the phone. Got the 5 inch Pixel and it's a nice change from the big screen phones.

As for boring software I'm good with that. I spent years going through all the OEM phones thinking the gimmick of the month was what I needed. In the end all I really needed was simple in an Android Phone that worked

iPhone was simple but hated that I couldn't change icon placement and style. So I bought the 6P. Finally! Android software that was simple. Only thing I hated was the size. Then the Pixel came out in a small size and basically works the same as the 6P. Found my phone.

Anatoliy Boltyan

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I like the big screen size and i have a brand new S7 (non edge) so i use that when i travel, bike, etc since its small enough to be pocket size. Just not crazy about how giant the XL is. Its bigger than my note 7 was. Maybe i'll get used to it. For the $200 i paid for it, its definitely worth giving a shot! I'll wait a few weeks and see how i feel then. I wish i could make folders in the app drawer with the pixel launcher. I like the way it navigates but a few things just missing.

I compared my note 7 to the pixel xl when I first got it, and they are almost the same. If I remember correctly, pixel is about 2mm wider, and deeper. Length is the same, but I can better manage pixel one handed than the note. So I'm not sure what you mean by the size difference

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If you check out the V20 forum, you'll see some Note 7 transplants that for the first week or so were missing their Note 7 then slowly started forgetting about it. Obviously not everyone, but a lot of Samsung people are LG strong now. It's interesting times my friend.

I got the S7 edge as well as V20. I will say I miss my note 7 more, BUT the V20 is better than the Edge. The v20 runs A LOT smoother than my Note 7 or Edge with hardly any signs of lag. My Note 7 and S7 edge has noticeable lag. V20 runs great.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the S7 edge as well as V20. I will say I miss my note 7 more, BUT the V20 is better than the Edge. The v20 runs A LOT smoother than my Note 7 or Edge with hardly any signs of lag. My Note 7 and S7 edge has noticeable lag. V20 runs great.

for sure. I like when there's an owner of both, or (all four) and they can truthfully weigh in on their opinion and experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon