Notification Sounds - Contacts

Larcen26

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello...

Just got my Pixel and have been getting used to the slightly new interface after my Galaxy S4 (and brief stint with the Note 7)

One of my most-used features doesn't seem to be available on the Pixel...either that or I am completely missing it (Like with the status bar options being hidden)

Can I assign a different notification sound to each Contact? I text more than I call and really love this feature.
Is there a way I can do this?

Larcen26

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Found out the answer to my own question...
But I will leave it here in case anyone else has the same issue.

The answer is NO. You can't assign a text sound to a contact, at least not as far as I can tell.

But you CAN assign a sound to a conversation.
When you write a text, go to the settings button and tap "People & Options"

In there, you can change the chat bubble colors and assign a Notification Tone.
I will assume that it will only be for that conversation, but that isn't a big problem for me, since I just use the same text chain between people or groups and don't delete them.

I could see this being annoying for anyone who is OCD about cleaning out their text inbox.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
What text program are you using?

I am on Verizon and use the Message+ for texting.... It allows me to assign a specific tone to a specific contact.

Larcen26

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Using Stock "Messenger" that comes with the phone.
Message+ is there too...

I figured it out to an extent. It's just something that has to be dealt with in the Messaging app, and not in the Contact list like it was on the Samsung phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay