My Pixel is not showing incoming calls

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey just moved from iPhone to android, to a Pixel phone.

When there are incoming calls I need to:

Unlock the phone, go swipe down and look for the message saying i have a incoming call and who its from. Then click on it to swipe up to answer.

My best guess is that thats not normal. Does anyone have any idea how i can fix it? It rings so its not do not disturb or anything like that.

Of programs that I think could influence the call flow i installed: Skype for Business and Messenger (FB) (both are now uninstalled but its still the same)

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Just a longshot before you factory reset, something to try:

Go to settings, Apps, tap the gear icon at the top right. Under Default, look for Phone app and make sure "Phone" is the selected app to handle the phone. Just a thought, maybe somehow it got bollocksed up.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
You didn't mention which carrier you're using, but try disabling VOLTE / WiFi Calling and see if it still does it?

May 12, 2014
Visit site
So tried resetting to factory settings and that didnt help either. Guess I have to start looking for a different phone app, is there any that can be recommented?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So tried resetting to factory settings and that didnt help either. Guess I have to start looking for a different phone app, is there any that can be recommented?

Did you restore it? When you factory reset it, you need to just try it bone stock, with no new apps or anything. My guess is that some app is interfering. While I love Android, this can be one of the problems with it when apps interfere and cause other things to not work. And that's what I'm guessing is going on right now.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There are apps that will let you force phone-answer security - are you sure you haven't installed one of them?

Something called AppLock, for example. I think Go SMS Pro also. Probably others.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Something funky going with your software or could have been an app u installed that's not normal..sis you try clearing cache in the phone app

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks got it to work now. If anyone else encounter this problem here is what I did (not sure all was needed, but did it):

1.) Used an app to backup my sms'
2.) Factory Reset
3.) Clean install (not using back up)
4.) Used a different Google account
5.) Installed with English (US) (as the phone is not out where im from)
6.) Added the correct google account and deleted the other one
7.) Changed to my language
8.) Installed the SMS app and restored to the app (it said it couldn't use the google messenger)
9.) Made Google Messenger my default sms app again and deleted the app for SMS back up

Now everything is as I hoped except from images missing from all my MMS, but I can live with tha

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks got it to work now. If anyone else encounter this problem here is what I did (not sure all was needed, but did it):

1.) Used an app to backup my sms'
2.) Factory Reset
3.) Clean install (not using back up)
4.) Used a different Google account
5.) Installed with English (US) (as the phone is not out where im from)
6.) Added the correct google account and deleted the other one
7.) Changed to my language
8.) Installed the SMS app and restored to the app (it said it couldn't use the google messenger)
9.) Made Google Messenger my default sms app again and deleted the app for SMS back up

Now everything is as I hoped except from images missing from all my MMS, but I can live with tha

Which SMS app?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995